Proposal: Ottawa-Philadelphia

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Look at what Lucic got... then consider he only had a year left on his deal.

That is the starting point. And the Flyers have no incentive to trade him.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Look at what Lucic got... then consider he only had a year left on his deal.

That is the starting point. And the Flyers have no incentive to trade him.

He didn't get anything great at the time. Martin Jones wasn't the goalie he was, Colin Miler isn't even close to the roster players Smith and Pageau are, and the 13th isn't worth more than Brown (went 11th this past draft).

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Love Simmonds. But think the price would be too much. Also think we need a LHS not a RHS. Personally I would look for other options before Simmonds

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Flyers: Wayne Simmonds

Ottawa: Brown/White + Pageau/Smith

Or Lazar, if they need a more established prospect.

No shot I do Pageau or Brown from a Senators perspective.

I'd move Smith + Lazar + White, but I highly doubt that's enough from Philly's POV.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Not commenting on whether the value is fair or not, just that I can't see the Sens trading Brown months after drafting him. Especially since he apparently has boom/bust 1C upside, and they'll have to deal with Turris being a UFA in a few seasons.

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
Teams don't match up well in a trade for Simmonds. He's a huge part of the flyers core and Ottawa can't move a ton of their young assets.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
If the Flyers were to be on the outside looking in during the TD, would this not be reasonable?

No, because he isn't a rental. The flyers won't entertain training Simmonds until they know he's going to be too expensive to resign. And even then, if they are in contention that year, they may just ride him out a la Kyle Okposo.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
Simmonds is probably too valuable to lose given that this team should start making deep incursions into the playoffs as soon as next year. He's one of the best examples of a classic power forward, in his prime, at just under $4M for two more years.

The return should make you uneasy.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
He didn't get anything great at the time. Martin Jones wasn't the goalie he was, Colin Miler isn't even close to the roster players Smith and Pageau are, and the 13th isn't worth more than Brown (went 11th this past draft).

Jones was flipped for a 1st rounder 4 days later. That 1st rounder was always going to be low... but SJS did not know how low, could have been anywhere from ~20-30.

That is the kind of value he had at the time.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Simmonds is probably too valuable to lose given that this team should start making deep incursions into the playoffs as soon as next year. He's one of the best examples of a classic power forward, in his prime, at just under $4M for two more years.

The return should make you uneasy.

Giving up Brown or White immediately makes me uneasy.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Every time I see a Flyers trade proposal thread I am 90% certain it will be a bad offer for Simmonds lol.

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
No shot I do Pageau or Brown from a Senators perspective.

I'd move Smith + Lazar + White, but I highly doubt that's enough from Philly's POV.

Is there another Pageau on the Sens that I'm not aware of? If you're getting a player like Simmonds in a deal, you give up 20 Pageau's! He's far from the best piece you'd have to give up in a deal involving Simmonds so he should not be what makes/breaks the deal for you.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Sorry Flyer fans ,not all of us think you guys would ever think of moving a core winger, for picks and prospects.I know if my team had him i wouldnt

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
No GM in the league will pay the price that it would be required to take Simmonds away from the flyers. He's more valuable to us that he is in assets for anyone else.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Sorry Flyer fans ,not all of us think you guys would ever think of moving a core winger, for picks and prospects.I know if my team had him i wouldnt
No need to apologize. Doesn't hurt to ask, esp. when the proposed return is respectable. Much better than the usual Montreal offers of Desharnais + Emelin. LOL!

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

they acquired jones knowing they were dealing him for another mid first round pick. So the value at min would be two mid-firsts and a prospect ready to play in the NHL right away. It would be more than that.

This would be terrible for the flyers and I really like Brown

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Curious about this... Would the Flyers do that?

Wayne Simmonds ($3,975,000 x 3)
Andrew MacDonald ($5,000,000 x 4)

for

Bobby Ryan ($7,250,000 x 6)
Mark Borowiecki ($1,100,000 x 2)
Matt Puempel ($900,000 then RFA)

Flyers get out of AMac contract and finally get Bobby Ryan in Philly

Ottawa needs a power forward like Wayne Simmonds because they have too many finesse forwards right now (Hoffman, Turris, Ryan, Stone, even Brassard). Need someone who can score goals in front of the net

Actually, let me see what the Sens roster would be after this trade :

Hoffman-Turris-Simmonds
MacArthur-Brassard-Stone
Smith-Pageau-Dzingel
Pyatt-Kelly-Neil

Methot-Karlsson
Phaneuf-Ceci
MacDonald-Wideman
Claesson

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events