Proposal: Ottawa/LA

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
Not going to take the time to justify it because it makes sense from a few different angles

To LA: Formenton, Chlapik, Conditional 2021 2nd (if Toffoli re-signs)

To Ottawa: Dolan, Toffoli, Conditional 2021 3rd (if Toffoli doesn't sign)

Thoughts?

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Doesn't make much sense from Ottawa. Pearson isnt a piece that puts them any closer and they arent in a win now mode so theyd rather save money and keep the prospects.

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
Doesn't make much sense from Ottawa. Pearson isnt a piece that puts them any closer and they arent in a win now mode so theyd rather save money and keep the prospects.

I said Toffoli not Pearson.

Idea is that they give up two young pieces (wingers) for a help-now winger and a C for the future.

Toffoli is still very young, but their goal needs to be to be as close to the playoffs as possible this season.

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
Toffoli could return more than that, much less without adding Anderson-Dolan. I don't blame Sens fans for saying no though, because it really doesn't fit their timeline.

Reactions: go4hockey

riznat

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2005
Lake Tahoe
Was the original proposal edited and had Pearson (who is now on the penguins) on it previously?

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008

Idea is that they give up two young pieces (wingers) for a help-now winger and a C for the future.

Toffoli is still very young, but their goal needs to be to be as close to the playoffs as possible this season.

6db2cf2b557f2f5f8093d0139591ad85.gif

giphy.gif

We are not going for the playoffs, just like the Kings are not. There is a very good chance we trade at least one player who has been far more productive than Toffoli this year. I (and, I suspect, the Sens) have very little interest in adding Toffoli as a long-term piece, he is simply not the type of player we can afford to spend money on unless he takes less money than he is worth, and I have even less interest in him as a short-term piece. We have no plans to compete for the duration of his contract and if/when we are going to compete, RW is literally the last area we need to add to.

Last edited:

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
The only interesting thing about Toffoli going to the Senators is that he played for the 67’s, so it’s kind of like home. Kings won’t trade Toffoli without a first round pick - or recently drafted first round pick - coming back. Logan Brown would be of interest, but the Kings would probably be better off just trading Toffoli to someone with a first this year.

Trading Anderson-Dolan is a non-starter for the Kings. JAD, Vilardi, and Kupari won’t be moved.

bigfatfist

Apr 17, 2012
I'd be stoked to see Toffoli back in Ottawa, but given the dire state of the Senators' finances I don't see them trading prospects for a pending UFA that they likely can't pay enough to keep.

LOLOLOL!!!! 2010. What a draft.

Should we take Vlad Tarsenko? NO!!! Deal that pick.

Tyler Toffoli is coming up. Grab him? Naw, dawg, gave up that pick to secure Matt Cullen.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
If the Sens were not in the position they are in rn that seems fair and I’d probably do it

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Not going to take the time to justify it because it makes sense from a few different angles

To LA: Formenton, Chlapik, Conditional 2021 2nd (if Toffoli re-signs)

To Ottawa: Dolan, Toffoli, Conditional 2021 3rd (if Toffoli doesn't sign)

Thoughts?

LA would be better off just trading Toffoli for what he will bring in and keeping Dolan and any picks. Kings are looking to move some players but not the young guys in the system or draft picks.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Anyone still thinking Toffoli (or Carter) is going to bring back anything close to a 1st just hasn't been paying attention for the past two months. He is skating in molasses and that is something that is not valued around the league these days.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011

Why is that the goal

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Anyone still thinking Toffoli (or Carter) is going to bring back anything close to a 1st just hasn't been paying attention for the past two months. He is skating in molasses and that is something that is not valued around the league these days.

Well that’s not true but ok

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad