OT: Ottawa Fury FC Thread Part II

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Fury scored in the 2nd minute and held on to the 1-0 win. They can thanl Crepeau for the win as he made a couple of really good saves.

Reactions: thesensguy

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
NYRB 2 0 Adonijah Reid 3, Fury's 19 year old loanee from Dallas scored all 3 goals in tonights 3-0 victory over NYRB 2, Fury remain in 12 th spot. Fury are 3points behind NYRB in the final playoff spot with 2 games in hand

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Tonight the Fury play their 2nd leg against Blainville in the Canadian Championship winner to play Toronto FC. Fury lead 1-0 after the first leg in Blainville.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
If you are a football (soccer) fan sure and they are a local professional team, they are not the best but they are OK and they are doing it with mostly Canadian players, like tonight they had 8 out of the 11 starting players being Canadian and another 4 on the bench. No other professional team can match that. They also won tonight 1-0 to take the series against Blainville 2-0 and will now play Toronto FC (MLS) in a home and home semi final of the Canadian Championship

Reactions: Senator Blutarsky

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Are the Fury worth watching ?

Live, definitely. On a nice summer evening, it's great to take in a game at Lansdowne. It's a nice stadium, lots of eating and drinking options close by and best of all you don't have to endure the CTC parking lots afterwards. I always take public transit to RedBlacks games, but attendance is small enough at Fury games that I can find parking on the side streets (but there are good public transit options too should you prefer that).

Toronto FC of the MLS are here on the 18th. Should be a good match.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Personally i think it would be a big mistake to jump in the 1st year the CPL starts, if they did it would be the 3rd time in 5 years they have moved to a different league. I think they should stay in the USL for at least 2 more years and watch what happens to the CPL, if it looks like it will succeed (i have my doubts) then they should move, but why should they be one of the guinea pigs when they are already in an established league. If they leave the USL and join the CPL and the CPL does not succeed there is no league for the Fury to go too., the USL wont let them back. With that said I do hope the CPL is succesful, but i just cant see places like Victoria or Halifax, or any of the other places that are smaller locations getting the crowds that are needed for a team to survive with all the travel that is needed, the CPL should be like the USL divided into east and west divisions, but to do that you need to have probably 10 teams in each division, are there 10 locations in eastern Canada that can support a team? so with home and away game that only gives you a 18 game schedule, (Fury currently play a 32 game schedule) The other thing is The Fury are averaging around 5000 fans per game, are they going to get bigger or smaller crowds in the CPL?

There are 5 teams so far announced Valour FC (winnipeg), Cavalry FC (Calgary), FC Edmonton, HFX Wanderers (Halifax), York 9 FC (York Region), the next team will be announced in 6 days time.

Reactions: Deku and Inkling

Sensfan5

Apr 20, 2013
Ottawa
Hamilton is also announced. And apparently the fury are losing a lot of money being in the USL. And also, I’ve heard the fury are waiting until the end of the season to announce the move.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Hamilton is also announced. And apparently the fury are losing a lot of money being in the USL. And also, I’ve heard the fury are waiting until the end of the season to announce the move.
I would'nt be suprised if the Fury did announce they were joining, especially when they stocked up with Canadian talent this year, i think they have 15 players of their own as Canadians and 4 or 5 who were loanees that are Canadian. These players will be good in the CPL but some of them are not up to the USL standard

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Cross one Canadian off the Fury roster as today they released Kyle Porter, a former Canadian International, he has not played much this year and may have asked for his release so he can be announced as one of the first signings by a team in the CPL.

Tomorrow at 1pm the Fury play one of the toughest teams in their league , Pittsburgh who are 2nd in the league and have only lost one game this season. Pittsburgh beat the Fury 1-0 earlier in the season.

Sensfan5

Apr 20, 2013
Ottawa
Cross one Canadian off the Fury roster as today they released Kyle Porter, a former Canadian International, he has not played much this year and may have asked for his release so he can be announced as one of the first signings by a team in the CPL.

Tomorrow at 1pm the Fury play one of the toughest teams in their league , Pittsburgh who are 2nd in the league and have only lost one game this season. Pittsburgh beat the Fury 1-0 earlier in the season.

Actually going to the match tomorrow. Bought a 6 ticket pack with a friend. First time we can head out this season. Looking forward to it. Pittsburgh are a strong team.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Where are you seats? Give us a shout i'm at the 4th officials table.

Also cross another Canadian off as Tissot is now out for the season with a injury.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Great come from behind win yesterday, moved the Fury up to 10th, only 3 points out of the playoffs and 5 points out of 4th place. New player Daniel Haber (another Canadian) looked good when he came on. Next game Toronto FC (yes the MLS team) on wednesday at TD Place in the 1st leg of the Canadian Championship semi final.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Very good win by the Fury 2-0 against Nashville, moving the Fury into 7th place. Fury's next game is tomorrow (wednesday) against Toronto FC in the 2nd leg of the Canadian Championship.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Since last post the Ottawa Fury has added 3 more Canadians.

1. Clément Bayiha
2. Daniel Kinumbe
3. David Edgar Canadian International David Edgar latest addition to Fury FC roster

The first 2 are youngsters who have been playing for the Montreal Impact Academy, but the 3rd player David Edgar is probably one of the most experienced players to ever play for the Ottawa Fury, he spent nearly 10 years playing in England for Premier and Championship teams, one year with MLS Vancouver and has played for Canada over 40 times.

Last night the Fury finished probably one of the weirdest games i have ever heard of. On June 16 the Fury was in Atlanta the 7pm kickoff was delayed until after 10 pm because of thunder and Lightning when the game eventually started Ottawa were down 1-0 after 3 mins due to a OG, but tied it up some 10 mins later, at the 44th minute the thunder and lightning returned and the players were removed from the field, by midnight the storms were continuing and the game was suspended.
Now in most other leagues the game would have been abandoned and the game would be replayed, but in the USL wisdom the game was rescheduled to restart at the point play had stopped. So 52 days later the Fury returned to Atlanta but not to Coolray Field where the first half was played but too Fifth Third Bank Stadium, play commenced for approx 2 minutes and then a short half time was taken and then the full 45 min 2nd half, in the end the score stayed the same so with the FT 1-1 score the Fury moved up to 7th place. From Atlanta the Fury move on to play Nashville on friday night.

Reactions: Senator Blutarsky

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
I attended the Fury match on Saturday afternoon with my daughter who is 1.5 years old....let me just say that while I have always had a very enjoyable time at the TD Place venue, that this particular time was amped up 10 fold due the very friendly on hand staff, one gentlemen in particular who was a younger guy with dark hair and glasses dressed in all black working up towards the concourse at almost exactly mid field was so friendly and was delivering true customer service by way of monitoring his area and anticipating the patrons demands and issues before they happened, putting little "fires" out, getting little freebies and popcorn for kids etc...it was truly incredible and I only noticed it when I stood back and realized not only was this guy assisting me and my family on a very personal level but he was doing this for everyone in the are...needless to say I was planning on going back regardless but this employee ensured I would be back, towards the end of the game I tried to find him so I could take his name and offer praise to him and to pass on the info to his superior, alas I could not find him, I will be calling today to relay my experience.

I hadn't really thought about it much until my wife mentioned the difference between this experience and the always generally friendly but never above and beyond experiences we had during our time as Sens season seat holders that it truly hit home, especially as it related to my young daughter.

Reactions: Inkling

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Glad you enjoyed the game and hopefully you will be back on saturday at 7pm against Penn FC. The Fury need as many fans to come out and cheer the team on to the playoffs.

Reactions: Upgrayedd

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
I attended the Fury match on Saturday afternoon with my daughter who is 1.5 years old....let me just say that while I have always had a very enjoyable time at the TD Place venue, that this particular time was amped up 10 fold due the very friendly on hand staff, one gentlemen in particular who was a younger guy with dark hair and glasses dressed in all black working up towards the concourse at almost exactly mid field was so friendly and was delivering true customer service by way of monitoring his area and anticipating the patrons demands and issues before they happened, putting little "fires" out, getting little freebies and popcorn for kids etc...it was truly incredible and I only noticed it when I stood back and realized not only was this guy assisting me and my family on a very personal level but he was doing this for everyone in the are...needless to say I was planning on going back regardless but this employee ensured I would be back, towards the end of the game I tried to find him so I could take his name and offer praise to him and to pass on the info to his superior, alas I could not find him, I will be calling today to relay my experience.

I hadn't really thought about it much until my wife mentioned the difference between this experience and the always generally friendly but never above and beyond experiences we had during our time as Sens season seat holders that it truly hit home, especially as it related to my young daughter.

Just to let you know your message has been passed on all the way to the top at OSEG.

Reactions: Upgrayedd

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I know it isn't a Fury match, but looking forward to Canada/Brazil on the 2nd. Should be a big crowd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->