DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
New Fury thread!

Fury.png

Some key last posts:

Fury pre-season schedule out
http://www.ottawafuryfc.com/news_article/show/747916?referrer_id=2824815

February 17 – vs Ottawa Internationals – University of Ottawa (Ottawa, ON)

February 21 – vs St. Louis FC – IMG Academy (Bradenton, FL)

February 23 – vs OKC Energy – IMG Academy (Bradenton, FL)

February 25 – vs FC Cincinnati – IMG Academy (Bradenton, FL)

March 3 – vs Toronto FC II – KIA Field (Toronto, ON)

March 10 – vs Rochester Rhinos – University of Ottawa (Ottawa, ON)

March 17 – vs Ontario League 1 All-Stars – University of Ottawa (Ottawa, ON)

Fury have called a press conference for monday morning to "deliver asignificant player and coaching announcement.â€

Could it be Julian de Guzman as a player coach?

http://www.ottawasun.com/2017/01/27...ian-de-guzman-could-be-joining-coaching-staff

First USL game will be away to St. Louis on April 1st and home opener Saturday, April 22 squaring off against Toronto FC II

Full schedule not announced yet

http://www.ottawafuryfc.com/news_article/show/750604?referrer_id=2824815

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Press conference at 2pm it can be watched on Ottawa Fury facebook page.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Fury update

Fury won their firs exhibition game last night 7-0 against Ottawa Internationals, new boy Hume scored 4.

2 more players from Montreal Impact Meilleur-Giguère and Mkungilwa, both defenders have joined the Fury

Fury off to Florida tomorrow for a weeks training camp will also play 3 exhibition games against other USL teams

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Fury beat St Louis FC 2-1 in their first game in Florida, they play OKC Energy tomorrow, all games are streamed from IMG

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Fury won their 2nd game in Florida 2-1 against OKC Energy, Bruna scored both goals. Next game against Cincinnati on saturday

FuriousSenator

Mar 18, 2011
Ottawa
Watched both games and I really like what I'm seeing from this team. Much more aggressive on the ball too. Also not afraid to shoot at the net when the opportunity arises.

This is good to hear. Felt this was the worst area for the Fury last year. We never hit the net, but even worse, we rarely took the shot. Lot's of overly cautious offence.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
gunnerdom you were'nt in Florida i was, Tucker Hume did not impress me at all, yes he is tall and can head the ball but he cant run and has no ball control with his feet. He will cause problems in the penalty area just because of his size.
He is young and i expect he will be brought along slowly. I expect Steevan dos Santos will be the starting centre, Santos has played in the USL with Rochester the last 2 years and scored 17 goals.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Back from Florida and my Fury review after watching them play 2 games against OKC and Cincinnati, and watching the stream of the 2nd half of the first game against St. Louis.
First impression is the USL is a lot more faster, more intense than the NASL. Fury had a player sent off in each of the first 2 games and Cinci had one in the 3rd game. Due to a decision made by the 4 teams if a player was sent off he was done for the game but the team were able to replace him.
All 3 goalies had roughly even playing time and looked good, with Irving probably the most impressive, he likes to wander outside his area.
The back 3 look big but not very mobile, Edward was injured in 2nd game and did'nt play in the 3rd, Venter was injured and did'nt play at all, Del Campo seemed to take charge at the back and was constantly encouraging the players The player that impressed me the most from the defense was Andrae Campbell, he is short but fast and can play different positions.
In midfield which i think will be the Fury's strength, Barden, Williams, Bruna, Dixon, Rozeboom and Manesio, 4 out of the 6 from last years team and Manesio is good

The Forwards, Haworth, Santos, Seone and Hume, i think the first 3 will be the main forwards

Plus the 3 from Montreal, Giguère was not in Florida as he was with Team Canada, Mkungilwa is very very short, and Paulmin a goalie, I'm not sure how much playing time these 2 will get this season.
Obviously Irving is the #1 goalie, so not sure where the other 2 goalies are ranked.
At the exhibition game against Toronto there was a trialist, who was he? I think Dalglish said he would like another 2 players, we have 21 right now, of that 21 i can see at least 2 of the 3 Montreal players not being in the 18 dressed plus Hume, of course with injuries/suspensions they will all get their chance

gunnerdom

Go HABS Go!!!!
Jul 14, 2003
Ottawa, Ontario
www.facebook.com
gunnerdom you were'nt in Florida i was, Tucker Hume did not impress me at all, yes he is tall and can head the ball but he cant run and has no ball control with his feet. He will cause problems in the penalty area just because of his size.
He is young and i expect he will be brought along slowly. I expect Steevan dos Santos will be the starting centre, Santos has played in the USL with Rochester the last 2 years and scored 17 goals.

Fair assessment. I was watching on my tablet so, obviously not as good as in person. To me, it seemed that Williams has picked up where he left off last year. What's your take?

gunnerdom

Go HABS Go!!!!
Jul 14, 2003
Ottawa, Ontario
www.facebook.com
Back from Florida and my Fury review after watching them play 2 games against OKC and Cincinnati, and watching the stream of the 2nd half of the first game against St. Louis.
First impression is the USL is a lot more faster, more intense than the NASL. Fury had a player sent off in each of the first 2 games and Cinci had one in the 3rd game. Due to a decision made by the 4 teams if a player was sent off he was done for the game but the team were able to replace him.
All 3 goalies had roughly even playing time and looked good, with Irving probably the most impressive, he likes to wander outside his area.
The back 3 look big but not very mobile, Edward was injured in 2nd game and did'nt play in the 3rd, Venter was injured and did'nt play at all, Del Campo seemed to take charge at the back and was constantly encouraging the players The player that impressed me the most from the defense was Andrae Campbell, he is short but fast and can play different positions.
In midfield which i think will be the Fury's strength, Barden, Williams, Bruna, Dixon, Rozeboom and Manesio, 4 out of the 6 from last years team and Manesio is good

The Forwards, Haworth, Santos, Seone and Hume, i think the first 3 will be the main forwards

Plus the 3 from Montreal, Giguère was not in Florida as he was with Team Canada, Mkungilwa is very very short, and Paulmin a goalie, I'm not sure how much playing time these 2 will get this season.
Obviously Irving is the #1 goalie, so not sure where the other 2 goalies are ranked.
At the exhibition game against Toronto there was a trialist, who was he? I think Dalglish said he would like another 2 players, we have 21 right now.

Thanks for the update. Very appreciated.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
I think most of the players from last year will be the strength of the team, Bruna has scored 4 goals,Williams and Haworth have also scored in pre-season, i think of the new boys Manesio, Seone, Santos and Campbell will be the most impressive.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Canadian Championship dates

2017 Qualifying Round

3 May Ottawa Fury FC v FC Edmonton
10 May FC Edmonton v Ottawa Fury FC

2017 Semi-final Rounds
23 May (Qualifying Round winner) v Toronto FC
23 May Vancouver Whitecaps FC v Impact Montréal FC
30 May Impact Montréal FC v Vancouver Whitecaps FC
31 May Toronto FC v (Qualifying Round winner)

2017 Championship Final
20/21 June First leg between Semi-Final winners
* Should Montreal make the Final this match will be played on June 21
27 June Second leg between Semi-Final winners

gunnerdom

Go HABS Go!!!!
Jul 14, 2003
Ottawa, Ontario
www.facebook.com
Canadian Championship dates

2017 Qualifying Round

3 May Ottawa Fury FC v FC Edmonton
10 May FC Edmonton v Ottawa Fury FC

2017 Semi-final Rounds
23 May (Qualifying Round winner) v Toronto FC
23 May Vancouver Whitecaps FC v Impact Montréal FC
30 May Impact Montréal FC v Vancouver Whitecaps FC
31 May Toronto FC v (Qualifying Round winner)

2017 Championship Final
20/21 June First leg between Semi-Final winners
* Should Montreal make the Final this match will be played on June 21
27 June Second leg between Semi-Final winners

Can't wait for this to start.. I really miss going to Lansdowne to watch soccer.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Starting in 2018 the League 1 and PLSQ champions will take part in the Canadian Championship.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
If the Fury can get by Edmonton, the series with Toronto would be epic. I bet you'd see great crowds at TD Place for that game. Hopefully we'd get the first leg like last year against the Whitecaps; it would be pretty anticlimactic if we were already out of it for the home game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->