Confirmed with Link: Ottawa "fans" believe the hype and go over the edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I don't think anyone disputed that he likes the city and team.
Most of the rumors were about how he feels about Melnyk and the direction of the organization

And alternatively how Melnyk feels about him and having to pay him.

Given Melnyk's erratic outbursts and decisions it's truly hard to tell just how far he would go to hamper this franchise in the name of austerity or a personal grudge.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Until Melnyk sells or somehow changes the way he’s running the team, I remain skeptical.

Karlsson genuinely seems like he wants to stay, but knows it’s probably not the best for his career.

If you’re going to put stock into what Karl said, you also have to consider what Dorion said in his presser. It’s not the most consistent thing in the world.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

And what's the thing with "fans"?

What is the problem with being mad that the best player on your team is being shopped around? If anything that's what true fans do. Only spineless f***s would not care about Karlsson leaving. He is the type of player franchises do not trade, and when they do it's always a disaster.

When Bob Mackenzie and Elliotte Friedman say that the Ottawa Senators are in full discussion with teams about Erik Karlsson it means that they are f***ing looking at trading him. If I was the GM and a team called about Erik Karlsson (Or Sidney Crosby or Connor McDavid or Alex Ovechkin and other players of that caliber) you know what I would say? I would say are you f***ing seriously asking me about Erik Karlsson? Because nobody even has the balls to call you about these guys usually, it's just known that they aren't getting traded unless you are actually a stupid GM.

The GM goes out and says "we have to listen to offers for Erik Karlsson" but here's the reality: YOU DON'T. Look at Arizona, Chayka came out and said he isn't talking to any teams about OEL - that's what you should do (or at least say). And then the GM comes out of the deadline and says that he will offer him a contract if he's here...

Are you seriously calling out the fans for thinking (and being mad) that the team is looking to trade it's best player? Only the fact that there is talk about it is unnaceptable.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
giphy.gif

Basically this thread.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

What is the problem with being mad that the best player on your team is being shopped around? If anything that's what true fans do. Only spineless ****s would not care about Karlsson leaving. He is the type of player franchises do not trade, and when they do it's always a disaster.

When Bob Mackenzie and Elliotte Friedman say that the Ottawa Senators are in full discussion with teams about Erik Karlsson it means that they are ****ing looking at trading him. If I was the GM and a team called about Erik Karlsson (Or Sidney Crosby or Connor McDavid or Alex Ovechkin and other players of that caliber) you know what I would say? I would say are you ****ing seriously asking me about Erik Karlsson? Because nobody even has the balls to call you about these guys usually, it's just known that they aren't getting traded unless you are actually a stupid GM.

The GM goes out and says "we have to listen to offers for Erik Karlsson" but here's the reality: YOU DON'T. Look at Arizona, Chayka came out and said he isn't talking to any teams about OEL - that's what you should do (or at least say). And then the GM comes out of the deadline and says that he will offer him a contract if he's here...

Are you seriously calling out the fans for thinking (and being mad) that the team is looking to trade it's best player? Only the fact that there is talk about it is unnaceptable.

Apparently questioning the competence and integrity of a billionaire and his lackey = Not a real fan

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012

What is the problem with being mad that the best player on your team is being shopped around? If anything that's what true fans do. Only spineless ****s would not care about Karlsson leaving. He is the type of player franchises do not trade, and when they do it's always a disaster.

When Bob Mackenzie and Elliotte Friedman say that the Ottawa Senators are in full discussion with teams about Erik Karlsson it means that they are ****ing looking at trading him. If I was the GM and a team called about Erik Karlsson (Or Sidney Crosby or Connor McDavid or Alex Ovechkin and other players of that caliber) you know what I would say? I would say are you ****ing seriously asking me about Erik Karlsson? Because nobody even has the balls to call you about these guys usually, it's just known that they aren't getting traded unless you are actually a stupid GM.

Top shelf m8.

TB1299

Apr 13, 2016
I know for 100% certainty that Erik wants to stay. I have as direct source as you can possibly get outside of Erik and his wife telling me themselves.

Aside from their brand new house in the Glebe, the truth is that they want to raise their family here with Mels parents and all her family.

The Karlssons literally run this city and have developed soo many incredible friendships together over the last 6 years. Erik has been here for 9 years already and Mel grew up here. This is home for them.

It really doesnt get much better for him and he really does loves Canada and loves playing for a Canadian franchise. Very similar to how PK did.

And as much as Erik wants to win he still has time to be here and re tool for 2-3 years. You all saw that his skill is far beyond speed and that he may have to alter his game but he will still be one of the best in the game for a good decade or so.

Don't forget our best player was 36 when we went to the cup finals. Speaking of Alfie, Eriks best man and best friend, yeah he is in Ottawa too.

If Karlsson was 31-33 and the team was full blown tanking I am sure that it would be a very different situation and it may be at that time but Erik wants to stay for now. Like 1000%.

Is he pissed that the SENS were looking to trade him? I am sure he was ( i don't know this, just my speculation) but does that change the fact that he wants to stay? Absolutely not, especially because he has the whole city behind him. This isn't like with Spezza when he had a billion drunk hillbillies swearing at him every two seconds. He is adored here. He is not going to leave a city just to spite the owner.

Even Jason loved it here. He didn't leave until he was 31.

The only way he goes is if he gets low balled but that won't happen. The money lost from not signing him would offset and more any money saved by trading him.

So Karlsson wants to stay and its becoming more and more apparant that Melnyk needs him to stay even if he doesn't want to keep him. He has no choice and its obvious by his little PR stunt last month with his apology tour that Public Relations do matter. If I had to bet I would strongly bet on a contract extension.

Will he be a Senator for life. Thats a complete different story.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I know for 100% certainty that Erik wants to stay. I have as direct source as you can possibly get outside of Erik and his wife telling me themselves.

Aside from their brand new house in the Glebe, the truth is that they want to raise their family here with Mels parents and all her family.

The Karlssons literally run this city and have developed soo many incredible friendships together over the last 6 years. Erik has been here for 9 years already and Mel grew up here. This is home for them.

It really doesnt get much better for him and he really does loves Canada and loves playing for a Canadian franchise. Very similar to how PK did.

And as much as Erik wants to win he still has time to be here and re tool for 2-3 years. You all saw that his skill is far beyond speed and that he may have to alter his game but he will still be one of the best in the game for a good decade or so.

Don't forget our best player was 36 when we went to the cup finals. Speaking of Alfie, Eriks best man and best friend, yeah he is in Ottawa too.

If Karlsson was 31-33 and the team was full blown tanking I am sure that it would be a very different situation and it may be at that time but Erik wants to stay for now. Like 1000%.

Is he pissed that the SENS were looking to trade him? I am sure he was ( i don't know this, just my speculation) but does that change the fact that he wants to stay? Absolutely not, especially because he has the whole city behind him. This isn't like with Spezza when he had a billion drunk hillbillies swearing at him every two seconds. He is adored here. He is not going to leave a city just to spite the owner.

Even Jason loved it here. He didn't leave until he was 31.

The only way he goes is if he gets low balled but that won't happen. The money lost from not signing him would offset and more any money saved by trading him.

So Karlsson wants to stay and its becoming more and more apparant that Melnyk needs him to stay even if he doesn't want to keep him. He has no choice and its obvious by his little PR stunt last month with his apology tour that Public Relations do matter. If I had to bet I would strongly bet on a contract extension.

Apology tour?

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

TB1299

Apr 13, 2016
Apology tour?

That was an exaggeration but he went on TV and backtracked his words. He also went on radio in TO.

He got a ton of backlash from his comments and then went on TV to try to mend some fences.

He did a pretty average job at best.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

Nope. He can also be traded, just like he was on the verge of getting traded this last week.

I don't think it's a secret that Erik loves Ottawa and that Ottawa loves him back, but as you obviously know, Melnyk doesn't give a f*** and I don't think our opinion matters to him in the least. If they get the offer this summer they couldn't get this weekend, he's gone. Our best hope is that Melnyk sells.

Reactions: Gil Gunderson

KingBilly

Oct 18, 2008
Are you guys as mad about this whole thing as I am? Fire Dorian. This is the last straw. He clearly was shopping Karlsson, and failed to get the trade he wanted, and in doing so he has seriously damaged the prospect Karlsson will re-sign if Dorion's still around. And this after one bad season when they almost made the SCF last year, and it was his choice to let Methot go and not even try to replace him.

And then there's the hockey pundit guys. The panel on the hot stove on HNIC on Saturday. Who all unanimously agreed Karlsson wanted out. Anything for a scoop or to hype the trade deadline, huh? You have Kypreos on Hockey Central today saying, "I never said Karlsson or Pacioretty asked for a trade, all I said was they wanted to be traded". Apparently not even that, Nick.

More than anything, fire Dorion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad