Proposal: Ottawa - Calgary

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Swap Stone with Hoffman and have Calgary add a prospect, and I think the value would be fine. However, I don' think this fills any need for the sens

Does Brodie play the left or right side? If we trade Hoffman, I’d like to get a top 4 left defenceman in return. Ottawa’s left side isn’t cutting it right now. Their right side isn’t much better to be honest, but they need a partner for Karlsson.

Karlsson, Chabot and Brodie as 3 of the top 4 moving forward could be allright.

What are Brodie’s strengths and weaknesses?

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Does Brodie play the left or right side? If we trade Hoffman, I’d like to get a top 4 left defenceman in return. Ottawa’s left side isn’t cutting it right now. Their right side isn’t much better to be honest, but they need a partner for Karlsson.

Karlsson, Chabot and Brodie as 3 of the top 4 moving forward could be allright.

What are Brodie’s strengths and weaknesses?

I was actually just thinking something around Hoffman and Brodie could be interesting and realistic. I think hed compliment EK very well.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I was actually just thinking something around Hoffman and Brodie could be interesting and realistic. I think hed compliment EK very well.

You guys could probably have Freddy Claesson if you needed a left shot d back. I doubt you want Oduya. If that interests you, maybe Ottawa gets a forward or draft pick in return. Any ideas?

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
Ottawa says no easy. There not trading stone. And Brodie and ferland together wouldn't get stone. Let alone throwing in ace I.
Jeezz, I didn't know I misspelled Tarasenko :rolleyes:

Seriously guys, Stone is a good player but comeon he's a 60-65 point winger not a 90 point one, statements like Brodie and Ferland together wouldn't get Stone alone just make fans look ridiculous.

Brodie instantly would be your #2 best Dman and Ferland as of right now would be your teams top goal scorer. Keep and enjoy Stone but remember next year he'll likely cost more than both of these players together with his impending new contract.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006

Seriously guys, Stone is a good player but comeon he's a 60-65 point winger not a 90 point one, statements like Brodie and Ferland together wouldn't get Stone alone just make fans look ridiculous.

Brodie instantly would be your #2 best Dman and Ferland as of right now would be your teams top goal scorer. Keep and enjoy Stone but remember next year he'll likely cost more than both of these players together with his impending new contract.

Stone is more than just points. Ottawa can’t afford to move him. He’s their best forward. No, he’s not a superstar. He’s not going to lead the league in scoring, and to be fair, he shouldn’t be any team’s best forward. You want your best forward to be a 70 point guy or better.

He’s just very good overall. In all three zones. High hockey IQ. Tons of takeaways. Has played very well in big games. He didn’t have a great playoffs last year because he wasn’t 100% healthy. I’m sure if he was he would have contributed more offence. There’s a reason people were talking about him making team Canada if the nhl guys were going to play in the Olympics. He’s underrated around the league by some fans because they don’t watch him day in day out and see all the little things he does. It’s not just points.

He’s a guy Ottawa needs to build around, not trade. You offer isn’t bad. It’s better than most around here. You didn’t offer us Stajan and a 4th for him. I appreciate that, but like I said in my earlier post, Ottawa isn’t looking to move him.

Pavlikovsky

May 31, 2013
Gatineau, QC

Stone is on pace for 73 points atm and this is all through Ottawa's horrible play he may never hit 90 points but PPG is realistic for Stone. Also Stone provides a whole lot more than just points the guys is a takeaway machine he is one of if not the best player at doing that in the league, he leads the league in takeaways since the 2014-15 season. Stone is not the kind of player you just trade you hang on to them with for as long as you can.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
It's honestly baffling how Stone gets treated like a 2nd line player that we want to get rid of or something.

No Gaudreau or Monahan, no Stone. If you think that is ridiculous, then you haven't seen Mark Stone play hockey.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Yeah, a 60-65 point player who is also a strong Selke candidate. It's not all about points, brah.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
I like Hoffman but not enough for brodie. We'd be willing to add to brodie for Stone but I can appreciate why the sens don't want to.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Stone is clutch and is the #1 puck stealer in the league. He brings better intangibles that you know about and is the real captain of the Sens. Sorry you don't get a player like Stone and for nothing. This trade isn't happening without Monahan or Johnny G. He's as important if not more to the Sens and I wouldn't trade him for either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad