Proposal: Ottawa and Buffalo

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Remove this story from happening and no one would want Kane for the exact same reason. Comes off as a not so great person.

Hear the same about P. Kane? Or are there other factors involved here?

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
BUffalo ****ed up by trading for Kane in the first place, don't want him anywhere near the Senators.

SensNation613

Dec 30, 2013
Ottawa
Why should we be dumping cane for another team's garbage? Everyone is already acting like he has been charged an convicted, when in reality no charges have been placed against him, they cant find any witnesses to him supposedly attacking two women in a crowded bar, and the bar owner has already come out and said Kane did not do anything wrong in the bar. Seriously people...

In reality, an athlete like Kane shouldn't even be putting himself in that situation. As a Sens fan, we've seen our fair share of projects like Heatley, Emery & Turris but Kane is turning 25 this summer. He's not a child anymore, enough with the stupidity, you're a professional athlete making 5.25M a year and risking everything for some "fun" which IMO will cost him millions from his next extension (may not even happen). His play doesn't even justify the risk anymore, he's just not that good and despite me not being a fan of Ryan's contract, I still wouldn't move Ryan for Kane.

And btw, this isn't an old man saying this. I just turned 18 and even I wouldn't be doing this type of stuff especially with the potential that Kane has. He needs to smarten up.

Skiffer55

Logan Stanley's Cup
Jun 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
From an outside viewpoint I'd rather have Kane than Ryan. Both may be disappointing but Kane is younger and faster. Both have good shots. If Kane busts he's still a one man third line (dump the puck, hammer the d man, take a shot). What can Ryan bring if he's not scoring or producing enough on the top 2 lines?

DSJW

Jun 29, 2016
No interest in Ryan and his bloated contract.

You mean the 1.5 mil a season more than Kane makes? You mean the Kane that has only scored 30 goals once,and 20 goals once? You mean the Kane that can't stay out of trouble and is more than likely not well liked by his team mates(don't know for sure im not in the Sabres room) Ya you keep your guy on the good deal, I will spend the extra 1.5 mil a year not to have my top line winger put up less than 20 goals, while ripping the room apart and looking bad in the press every off season

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
looks like sens fans don't want kane's baggage and sabres fans don't want ryan's contract. classic lose-lose scenario.

I'm not joking when I say I wouldn't want him for free (assuming we couldn't trade him to another team obviously).

He's not a player you win with, I fully expect the Sabres will move him.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
You mean the 1.5 mil a season more than Kane makes? You mean the Kane that has only scored 30 goals once,and 20 goals once? You mean the Kane that can't stay out of trouble and is more than likely not well liked by his team mates(don't know for sure im not in the Sabres room) Ya you keep your guy on the good deal, I will spend the extra 1.5 mil a year not to have my top line winger put up less than 20 goals, while ripping the room apart and looking bad in the press every off season

The same Bobby Ryan who's signed until he's 35? The same Bobby Ryan who scored less than 20 goals the previous season?

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
The same Bobby Ryan who's signed until he's 35? The same Bobby Ryan who scored less than 20 goals the previous season?

That exact one, yes. I expect much more out of him this year, but even if he doesn't, I still wouldn't trade him for Kane.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island

Why the facts man?

Cynick

Know-Nothing
Dec 24, 2008
Toronto
I don't want Evander Kane, Patrick Kane, or Citizen Kane anywhere near the Sens. I'm Kane-phobic.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
no way. ryan is better than kane at both ends of the rink. he's the opposite of kane in the locker room. he's a leader on this team and well liked by the fans. ryan wants to be here. i wouldn't be looking to move ryan unless we are looking to bring in a big time player and we need budget space.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I don't want Evander Kane, Patrick Kane, or Citizen Kane anywhere near the Sens. I'm Kane-phobic.

Maybe if Ryan were pulling Rosebud around in practice he'd learn how to spell 'compete'. :naughty:

no way. ryan is better than kane at both ends of the rink. he's the opposite of kane in the locker room. he's a leader on this team and well liked by the fans. ryan wants to be here. i wouldn't be looking to move ryan unless we are looking to bring in a big time player and we need budget space.

It's 100% reasonable to not want Kane for off-ice reasons. It's also reasonable to prefer Ryan's game to Kane's. Saying that Ryan is better than Kane at both ends of the rink is not reasonable. Kane is better defensively, he's far more physical, and he's a much better forechecker.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
Maybe if Ryan were pulling Rosebud around in practice he'd learn how to spell 'compete'. :naughty:

It's 100% reasonable to not want Kane for off-ice reasons. It's also reasonable to prefer Ryan's game to Kane's. Saying that Ryan is better than Kane at both ends of the rink is not reasonable. Kane is better defensively, he's far more physical, and he's a much better forechecker.

kane is more physical and a better forechecker, but doesn't get the job done in the offensive zone as much as ryan does. that's one end of the rink than ryan is better at.

ryan has been very committed to his own end since he's gotten here. it's not uncommon to see him back covering defensemen, backchecking hard, and breaking up plays in the defensive end. he's not a one dimensional winger. he's no selke candidate, not by a long shot. he's at least as good as kane is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->