Proposal: Ottawa and Buffalo

AverageAtBest

Feb 2, 2011
To Ottawa: Evander Kane

To Buffalo: Bobby Ryan, Matt Puempel, Mikael Wikstrand

The two trades haven't really worked out too well with Kane having off-ice problems and to an extent on-ice problems and Ryan not performing up to his abilities. Puempel (hasn't really panned out yet but could be a pretty good scorer) is included to offset the age difference and Wikstrand has potential but doesn't seem to want to play in Ottawa (or Binghamton), he could never come over from Sweden but if he does it's a bonus.

Fire away

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Ugh, I really don't want Kane anywhere near the kids on my team.

I'd strongly consider it if I could immediately flip Kane to a 3rd team, but if we have to keep Kane, I'm passing. Ryan is too expensive for what he brings to the table, but at least he's solid and the team likes him and if he can ever have a 2nd half of the season as good as his 1st half, he's instantly worth his contract.

I'd rather speculate on Ryan being able to put it together for 82 games than wonder what kind of effect Kane is going to have as a distraction to the tons of kids we have on our roster. Ryan's definitely the lesser of two evils, IMO.

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
Wouldn't take Evander for free. Clearly an issue in the dressing room and also not even that good at hockey

Ryan may be a bit washed up, but he's a good teammate.

HiddenInLight

Sep 4, 2011
Why should we be dumping cane for another team's garbage? Everyone is already acting like he has been charged an convicted, when in reality no charges have been placed against him, they cant find any witnesses to him supposedly attacking two women in a crowded bar, and the bar owner has already come out and said Kane did not do anything wrong in the bar. Seriously people...

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Why should we be dumping cane for another team's garbage? Everyone is already acting like he has been charged an convicted, when in reality no charges have been placed against him, they cant find any witnesses to him supposedly attacking two women in a crowded bar, and the bar owner has already come out and said Kane did not do anything wrong in the bar. Seriously people...

Well, he wasn't exactly a saint before this event anyway. I like him as a player, just don't want all the off ice drama that would come with him.

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
Buffalo has enough average prospects and I'd rather keep Kane's intensity than the extra 5 or so goals Bobby Ryan would give us.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
What would Ryan fetch on the open market right now? 6 million instead of 7.5?

What would Kane? Would even get anything more than a "prove you can keep out of trouble" contract?

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O

I'd strongly consider it if I could immediately flip Kane to a 3rd team, but if we have to keep Kane, I'm passing. Ryan is too expensive for what he brings to the table, but at least he's solid and the team likes him and if he can ever have a 2nd half of the season as good as his 1st half, he's instantly worth his contract.

I'd rather speculate on Ryan being able to put it together for 82 games than wonder what kind of effect Kane is going to have as a distraction to the tons of kids we have on our roster. Ryan's definitely the lesser of two evils, IMO.

Pretty much this.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007

Completely agree.

Do not want Kane.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes

Remove this story from happening and no one would want Kane for the exact same reason. Comes off as a not so great person.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->