Dreger: Ottawa among 3 teams interested in KHL d man Zub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Zub is a as much of a ‘I eat barb wire for breakfast’ type of player as I’ve ever seen. You know the type that always looks like he is playing like he wants to get hurt. Why block a shot with your leg pads when you can dive against the shooter with your face first?

I never understood why he wasn’t drafted his last eligible year.

I think that he is a NHL quality player, pure stay at home/shutdown D (his skating isn’t bad). But there is always a risk when these guys transition to the NHL, what stands out in relation to his peers in the KHL won’t be as obvious in NA. You must get noticed and so forth. But he could definitely become a bit of a fan favorite in Ottawa.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Zub is a as much of a ‘I eat barb wire for breakfast’ type of player as I’ve ever seen. You know the type that always looks like he is playing like he wants to get hurt. Why block a shot with your leg pads when you can dive against the shooter with your face first?

I think that he is a NHL quality player, pure stay at home/shutdown D (his skating isn’t bad). But there is always a risk when these guys transition to the NHL, what stands out in relation to his peers in the KHL won’t be as obvious in NA. You must get noticed and so forth. But he could definitely become a bit of a fan favorite in Ottawa.

So basically a right handed Boro when it comes to the D zone .

Reactions: gab6511

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015

The Panthers could desperately use a guy who eats barbed wire for breakfast.

Reactions: Ola

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
If you're a right handed stay at home D who wants to make a name, you've got to love the idea of going to Ottawa. Look at what it did for Demelo's career. There's minutes to be had, and the opportunity to be the stay at home guy beside Chabot is a great one. It's a chance for a player who might have to fight for bottom pair minutes elsewhere to expedite their way to top 4 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad