Ottawa 67's 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
PREDICTION TIME

ROSSI - Detroit seem to be the team most likely

QUINN - nashville is one choice I am going to say though that he may to New jersey

CRANLEY - not sure who but someone will take a flyer on him in the draft.

wHERE DO THE REST OF YOU THINK
I say Rossi goes 4th to Detroit or 7th to Jersey. Quinn goes 10 to 12, Winnipeg, Nashville, florida. Cranley anywhere from 4th to 7th round and Belanger maybe a late pick. If I was Belanger almost better not to be picked this year. He's gonna get a shi..load of icetime and pp time. Could really improve his draft stock next year. Last prediction Tolnai will be a late round pjck.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
I say Rossi goes 4th to Detroit or 7th to Jersey. Quinn goes 10 to 12, Winnipeg, Nashville, florida. Cranley anywhere from 4th to 7th round and Belanger maybe a late pick. If I was Belanger almost better not to be picked this year. He's gonna get a shi..load of icetime and pp time. Could really improve his draft stock next year. Last prediction Tolnai will be a late round pjck.
As for Belanger, he may not get any time on ice this season. If the pandemic trajectory continues on as predictions indicate then no OHL hockey.

The current numbers certainly seem to indicate that this is a very real possibilty.

I hope not but this is the current scenario.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
As for Belanger, he may not get any time on ice this season. If the pandemic trajectory continues on as predictions indicate then no OHL hockey.

The current numbers certainly seem to indicate that this is a very real possibilty.

Considering the QMJHL is currently playing, I am not too worried about the OHL starting.

There is still a lot of work to do with respect to piecing together a season and how they schedule games. There is also a lot of work to do with the Province for funding so the league can afford to run.

I don’t think the Virus will stop the league from playing games. If they do not start it is because the league will not have obtained required funding similar to wha the QMJHL received.

The American Teams will probably need to temporarily relocate to Canada for this season. IF they don’t, then they will have to create a three team division and play all their games against each other.

It is also likely the league creates smaller divisions with an emphasis on divisional play. For the East, it is likely going to be Ottawa, Kingston, Peterborough and Oshawa. Hamilton will end up in a Division with Niagara and Mississauga in some manner. Then there will likely be Conference games and/or rival games to round out the schedule bit there won’t be any formal games for outside your conference unless they are rival games...

We don’t know where the US based teams would play but one potential destination would be Cornwall. I believe Chatham has also reached out to offer their town as a temporary location. The relocation may juggle the divisions as well. If Cornwall is used, we could see an Ottawa, Cornwall & Kingston division.

There are a lot of variables that need to be considered right now but the main one is the Provincial funding. The league needs some help financially.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013

Yeah I know you could possibly be right. I'm still hoping, we'll see. I can't see the O returning without fans as they can't afford it.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013

The QMJHL got $20mil from the Province to assist with operations. I can see the OHL getting something similar.

Body contact would also be limited this season. Looks like an emphasis on skill and speed as opposed to grinding down teams.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Considering the QMJHL is currently playing, I am not too worried about the OHL starting.

There is still a lot of work to do with respect to piecing together a season and how they schedule games. There is also a lot of work to do with the Province for funding so the league can afford to run.

I don’t think the Virus will stop the league from playing games. If they do not start it is because the league will not have obtained required funding similar to wha the QMJHL received.

The American Teams will probably need to temporarily relocate to Canada for this season. IF they don’t, then they will have to create a three team division and play all their games against each other.

It is also likely the league creates smaller divisions with an emphasis on divisional play. For the East, it is likely going to be Ottawa, Kingston, Peterborough and Oshawa. Hamilton will end up in a Division with Niagara and Mississauga in some manner. Then there will likely be Conference games and/or rival games to round out the schedule bit there won’t be any formal games for outside your conference unless they are rival games...

We don’t know where the US based teams would play but one potential destination would be Cornwall. I believe Chatham has also reached out to offer their town as a temporary location. The relocation may juggle the divisions as well. If Cornwall is used, we could see an Ottawa, Cornwall & Kingston division.

There are a lot of variables that need to be considered right now but the main one is the Provincial funding. The league needs some help financially.
Well I have heard a lot of talk going around about no team sports. How are you going to put stiff restrictions on all the general population and let these kids compete in hockey. Ford has to make some kind of logical choices when it comes to people in general.

Should the numbers keep progressing I personally think their is no hockey.

Should the rules change as stated it is going to resemble figure skating and ice dancing.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Well I have heard a lot of talk going around about no team sports. How are you going to put stiff restrictions on all the general population and let these kids compete in hockey. Ford has to make some kind of logical choices when it comes to people in general.

Should the numbers keep progressing I personally think their is no hockey.

Should the rules change as stated it is going to resemble figure skating and ice dancing.

Considering hockey is being played right now, I don’t think what you are saying is accurate.

This will come down to logistics and finance. If the OHL can make it so three american teams can play in Ontario and the Province is willing to write a cheque to subsidize the league, there will be OHL hockey.

As mentioned, the QMJHL started on Friday. They have a weekend slate of games in the books. Quebec is the worst hit Province with respect to Covid and they found a way to start playing.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">5 members of the Ottawa 67&#39;s on the final Craig&#39;s List before the NHL Draft.<br><br>7 - Jack Quinn<br>8 - Marco Rossi<br>72 - Will Cranley<br>85 - Alec Belanger<br>113 - Mitch Hoelscher (Re-entry)<a href="Craig's List: Jamie Drysdale, Yaroslav Askarov move up in final edition - TSN.ca">Craig's List: Jamie Drysdale, Yaroslav Askarov move up in final edition - TSN.ca</a></p>&mdash; Kenny Walls (@LongBallsWalls) <a href="">October 5, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Really good to see Quinn and Rossi so high on the final Button list. Awesome to see both Cranley and Belanger in third round territory, as well as Hoelscher in the fourth zone.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
My prediction:

1 - Lafreniere (NYR) - #1
2 - Stutzle (LA) - #3
3 - Byfield (OTT) - #2
4 - Rossi (DET) - #9
5 - Raymond (OTT) - #4
6 - Drysdale (ANA) - #6
7 - Quinn (NJ) - #8
8 - Holtz (BUF) - #7
9 - Perfetti (MIN) - #10
10 - Sanderson (WPG) - #5
—————
14 - Mercer (EDM) - #18
15 - Lapierre (TML) - #22
16 - Zary (MTL) - #24

Cranley 6th round
Belanger, Tolnai and Hoelscher will remain unpicked

EDIT:
I have Askarov going between 11 and 13 but based on a lot of current speculation and his play to date in the KHL this early season, it looks like he may crack the top 10...maybe even #5 to the Sens.

Last edited:

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Considering hockey is being played right now, I don’t think what you are saying is accurate.

This will come down to logistics and finance. If the OHL can make it so three american teams can play in Ontario and the Province is willing to write a cheque to subsidize the league, there will be OHL hockey.

As mentioned, the QMJHL started on Friday. They have a weekend slate of games in the books. Quebec is the worst hit Province with respect to Covid and they found a way to start playing.
You are entitled to you opinion as I am to mine. They are playing hockey in Quebec right now but what is in the future. Quebec numbers keep increasing as they are and Covid19 happens to appear in junior hockey this will change.

Unless the numbers come under control for Covid19 a lot of restrictions could happen before the OHL ever enters into playing games.

The premier of Quebec may have a completely different opinion of what is necessary in these times, Ford will decide this province's fate.

Anyway the resumption of the OHL is not really a top priority in the uncertain pandemic times and I believe it is no way a sure thing.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
You are entitled to you opinion as I am to mine. They are playing hockey in Quebec right now but what is in the future. Quebec numbers keep increasing as they are and Covid19 happens to appear in junior hockey this will change.

Unless the numbers come under control for Covid19 a lot of restrictions could happen before the OHL ever enters into playing games.

The premier of Quebec may have a completely different opinion of what is necessary in these times, Ford will decide this province's fate.

Anyway the resumption of the OHL is not really a top priority in the uncertain pandemic times and I believe it is no way a sure thing.

Minor and recreational hockey is being played in Ontario right now. That is what I meant by you not being accurate.

The OHL will play provided they have financial support to play without fans and they are able to reasonably deal with sporadic cases that may pop up as the season progresses.

However, if the Province doesn’t subsidize it, I cannot see how they make it work.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Minor and recreational hockey is being played in Ontario right now. That is what I meant by you not being accurate.

The OHL will play provided they have financial support to play without fans and they are able to reasonably deal with sporadic cases that may pop up as the season progresses.

However, if the Province doesn’t subsidize it, I cannot see how they make it work.
I for one am an avid fan of the OHL and hope they find a way to proceed with the season.

I agree, no Provincial support and I cannot see it happening.

We can only hope that things return to normal sometime in the future, not going to be a quick turnaround.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I for one am an avid fan of the OHL and hope they find a way to proceed with the season.

I agree, no Provincial support and I cannot see it happening.

We can only hope that things return to normal sometime in the future, not going to be a quick turnaround.

With the approach currently in service, we will be lucky if by next Fall we don’t have to worry about precautionary measures. Between now and next fall, we need to figure out the best way to live with this and simply taking to approach to cancel everything isn’t the correct approach. We need to find ways to make things happen as opposed to working diligently to ensure nothing happens.

44 95 plus tax

Oct 6, 2009

Upcoming Blainville-Brosbriand Armada and Sherbroke Phoenix games are now postponed due to an Armada player testing positive for COVID. As well both these teams are in the RED zones in Quebec and would not be able to play anyway. I can see the league shutting down soon. This doesn't look good for the OHL. Nobody would watch the OHL anyhow, if no body checking is allowed.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Thoughts on Quinn going ahead of Rossi?

Personally Rossi stands out every time I saw you guys play so it was a bit surprising to me, but 51 goals is nothing to sneeze at.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
My prediction:

2 - Stutzle (LA) - #3
3 - Byfield (OTT) - #2
4 - Rossi (DET) - #9
5 - Raymond (OTT) - #4
6 - Drysdale (ANA) - #6
7 - Quinn (NJ) - #8
8 - Holtz (BUF) - #7
9 - Perfetti (MIN) - #10
—————
14 - Mercer (EDM) - #18
16 - Zary (MTL) - #24

Cranley 6th round

EDIT:
I have Askarov going between 11 and 13 but based on a lot of current speculation and his play to date in the KHL this early season, it looks like he may crack the top 10...maybe even #5 to the Sens.

Did pretty good in the first round.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Thoughts on Quinn going ahead of Rossi?

Personally Rossi stands out every time I saw you guys play so it was a bit surprising to me, but 51 goals is nothing to sneeze at.

For me it really came down to whether Detroit or Ottawa were sold on Rossi and neither were. That opened the door for Quinn to jump ahead of him.

Personally, I thought Ottawa would go Forward-Forward. I didn’t think they’d go Defence.

Reactions: Snippit

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Quinn I think went ahead of Rossi just because of the size issue and Buffalo needs wingers to place to train or to play at the rate governments and people are going in Canada there will be no sports at all for the next year.

My question is this will the CHL owners for this year only allow players to stay on practice rosters of the NHL teams?

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
The DetroitRedWings select #67s draft pick Chase Bradley in the 7th round.
#67s draft pick Colby Ambrosio has been selected by the Avalanche 118th overall
The Bruins select 67s draft pick Trevor Kuntar 89th overall.
The Blues have selected #67s draft pick Dylan Peterson 86th overall.
The LAKings have selected Kasper Simontaival 66th overall

Will these guys ever dress for the 67's?

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
The DetroitRedWings select #67s draft pick Chase Bradley in the 7th round.
#67s draft pick Colby Ambrosio has been selected by the Avalanche 118th overall
The Bruins select 67s draft pick Trevor Kuntar 89th overall.
The Blues have selected #67s draft pick Dylan Peterson 86th overall.
The LAKings have selected Kasper Simontaival 66th overall

Will these guys ever dress for the 67's?

That's a lot of talent that won't play for the 67s!

Maybe one of these days they'll get someone to sign....

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
My prediction:

2 - Stutzle (LA) - #3
3 - Byfield (OTT) - #2
4 - Rossi (DET) - #9
5 - Raymond (OTT) - #4
6 - Drysdale (ANA) - #6
7 - Quinn (NJ) - #8
8 - Holtz (BUF) - #7
9 - Perfetti (MIN) - #10
—————
14 - Mercer (EDM) - #18
16 - Zary (MTL) - #24

Cranley 6th round

EDIT:

Cranley in the 6th as predicted.

Belanger, Tolnai and Hoelscher go undrafted as predicted.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
I think that this has to mean that if and when the OHL resumes we will see one of the 2 goalies traded. I can not see St Louis liking a draft p[ick sitting on the bench.

BUT AGAIN WILL THERE BE AN OHL SEASON. The NHL can definitely play as they have the advertising and tv deals. The AHL can play but may have to move teams south of the border. LOL if that is the case we could see a ZJunior a team in Belleville again for a year. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->