Ottawa 67's 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ETA 2000 Fan

Apr 16, 2015
thanks would have been surprised he was a scratch considering what we paid for him.

With 1 assist in 7 games (and that on a bad pass that turned into a lucky goal from behind the goal line), considering his ice time and primo place on the depth chart (centered Keating and Clarke for at least 3 games), it may not be long before he gets “healthied”.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
With 1 assist in 7 games (and that on a bad pass that turned into a lucky goal from behind the goal line), considering his ice time and primo place on the depth chart (centered Keating and Clarke for at least 3 games), it may not be long before he gets “healthied”.

I think he did get healthied.

I know a lot of burden has been placed on Tolnai but his skill level is high even if his experience isn't. I think his linemates are holding him back. He needs expereinced guys or at least young guys that can play.

I'm not crapping on Robinson but the reality is he was walked out of town by Oshawam we all hoped he would turn things around with a change of scenery but unfortunately, he hasn't. That is not to say he won't but I would say there is some worry.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
I think he did get healthied.

I know a lot of burden has been placed on Tolnai but his skill level is high even if his experience isn't. I think his linemates are holding him back. He needs expereinced guys or at least young guys that can play.

I'm not crapping on Robinson but the reality is he was walked out of town by Oshawam we all hoped he would turn things around with a change of scenery but unfortunately, he hasn't. That is not to say he won't but I would say there is some worry.
Was he walked out of town ? I thought I read albeit rumors he asked out. In any event yes he's been underwhelming up to now but he's big, skates well and has shown glimpses of skill. Also he lost a lot of his rookie season to injury and is getting used to a new team/town. Way too early to judge on this one imo. They wouldn't have paid the price they did if he had no upside, hopefully the brass will be proven right. Agree on Tolnai I think he will be a good player. As you said he needs better linemates as he's not yet ready to carry a line.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Going to be a fun game to watch today against Kingston.

It would be good to see some of our guys have a breakout game to get them propelled in the stat column.

67hockeyfan

Sep 30, 2017
Going to be a fun game to watch today against Kingston.

It would be good to see some of our guys have a breakout game to get them propelled in the stat column.
I would just be happy to see them play three consistent periods.....oh, and not give up the first goal for a change!

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
NO tv coverage?

Maybe a good job they are not, down 3-0 by the 11 minute mark

Last edited:

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Rossi very fortunate that he was only called for tripping instead of slewfooting which would've been a 5 minute major and 2 game suspension. Looked like a clear slewfoot but was not called as one. And then scored when he came out of the box

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Clark did not play in third. According to Kenny Walls injury might have happened during the celebration of his second goal. Must have been a hell of a celebration!

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
I think Hoescher is making a statement that he should be the number 2 center.

Clarke seems to be showing well

My question is though considering the lack of scoring ability that Kingston has and the fact that they are a bottom-dwelling team why are we letting them score so many goals.

This team should be easy fodder considering our defence

67hockeyfan

Sep 30, 2017
I think Hoescher is making a statement that he should be the number 2 center.

Clarke seems to be showing well

My question is though considering the lack of scoring ability that Kingston has and the fact that they are a bottom-dwelling team why are we letting them score so many goals.

This team should be easy fodder considering our defence
Well, our defence was pretty much non-existent at the start of the game. Seemed like everyone thought they would get the opportunity to pad their stats against lowly Kingston. Problem is, nobody told Kingston that.

Shots were 6-0 for Kingston before we got a shot on net. Our first Power Play also wasn’t anything to be “thankful” for (we just couldn’t get set up).
Andree looked sharp early on, but Kingston capitalized on a few bad bounces (as Coach André reiterated in the post-game interview).

In a nutshell, once we got our act together in the 2nd period we were much better. But you’re right, we need to tighten up defensively if we are going to challenge for the conference title this year.

ecraigs

Sponsor
Dec 6, 2013
Kingston beat Ottawa to every puck for the first period. They capitalized on every mistake. Andree was pulled, but it seemed to be a message to his teammates. Cranley wasn't treated well either. Glaring defensive errors allowed far too many odd-man rushes or breakaways. Ottawa seems to lack the speed of last year's team and they spend a lot of time trying to set up plays, rather than forcing errors. After one period at 1-5, I figured that they needed to come out of the second down no more than 2. This is Junior hockey where a 2 goal lead can dissipate like a fart in the wind. I have to say it was exciting. If Tourigny can bottle what was said in the dressing room after one, it could sell really well.

Reactions: 67hockeyfan

ABR8185

Jul 5, 2016
Was at the game against Mississauga on Friday. The top line is playing well again this year. Hoelscher and Quinn are doing their best to provide secondary scoring, but they need a winger to play with them. Hopefully in time, one of the inexperienced younger guys will step up and take that spot, but if this team wants to make any noise come playoff time, they will still need to add a forward or two.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Was at the game against Mississauga on Friday. The top line is playing well again this year. Hoelscher and Quinn are doing their best to provide secondary scoring, but they need a winger to play with them. Hopefully in time, one of the inexperienced younger guys will step up and take that spot, but if this team wants to make any noise come playoff time, they will still need to add a forward or two.
I believe they need two forwards, one to complete the second line and also an experienced forward to get the third line going. The injury to Clarke is also going to hamper the already limited offense we currently deploy. We scored 8 goals yesterday but that had a lot to do with our inexperienced opponent.

This Friday will be a lot different when we play a good Petes team.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
https://www.tsn.ca/radio/ottawa-1200-1.1381460

According to this interview, Clarke may be out up to eight weeks and Yule likely has a broken finger and will be out himself for an extended period of time.

For now, according to Coach Tourigny, the lineup will be:

Keating-Rossi-Crete
Quinn-Hoelscher-Beck
Johnston-Tolnai-Robinson
TBD-TBD-TBD

F-A Tourigny will likely have one of the fourth line spots and I wouldn't think that the team will want to dress two extra D up front so you've got to think that they will either recall Sirizzotti (then have to scratch one of Matier/Sawyer) or make a signing/trade.

PAGING COLBY AMBROSIO!

67hockeyfan

Sep 30, 2017

According to this interview, Clarke may be out up to eight weeks and Yule likely has a broken finger and will be out himself for an extended period of time.

Keating-Rossi-Crete
Quinn-Hoelscher-Beck
Johnston-Tolnai-Robinson
TBD-TBD-TBD

F-A Tourigny will likely have one of the fourth line spots and I wouldn't think that the team will want to dress two extra D up front so you've got to think that they will either recall Sirizzotti (then have to scratch one of Matier/Sawyer) or make a signing/trade.

PAGING COLBY AMBROSIO!
They could also play Constantini at forward (he seemed to hold his own when called to do so earlier in the season).

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013

Keating-Rossi-Crete
Quinn-Hoelscher-Beck
Johnston-Tolnai-Robinson
TBD-TBD-TBD

PAGING COLBY AMBROSIO!
Ambrosio would be sweet!

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad