Ottawa 67's 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyHero96

Nov 1, 2015
LWsCRW LDRD G
Austen KeatingMarco RossiGraeme Clarke Noel HoefenmayerAnthony Costantini Cedrick Andree
Jack Beck Mitchell HoelscherJack Quinn Kevin BahlJack Matier Will Cranley
Dylan RobinsonCameron TolnaiBrendan Sirizzotti Hudson Wilson Ranvir Gill Max Donoso
Thomas JohnstonYanic CreteTerry Bridgland Merrick RipponEric Bonsteel Joshua Ward
Jesse DickGabriel CreteRyan Easton Nikita Okhotyuk
Quinn Yule Lucas Peric
Alec Belanger
Owen Luik
Teddy Sawyer
Giuseppe Marino
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

RED=OA ONLY 3 can stay BOLDed is what i think
Orange = U18 draft
Brown = Players looking for a spot
Purple is newly traded or go in a trade
Light Blue = Signed
Pink - Import
Lime green - a spot in jeopardy, COuld be traded or released
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Projected line up with those in camp along with their height

LW C RW
Keating 6’ Rossi 5’8” Clarke 6’
Yule 6’ 5” Hoesher 5’11” Quinn 6’
Robinson 6’2” Tolnai 6’ Sirizzotti 5’11”
Beck 5’ 11” Crete Y 6’ Ryan/ Bridgeland both5'10"
Dick 5’11”

DEFENCE
Hoefenmayer 6’1” / Peric 5’11” BAHL 6’6”
Okytuk 6’1” Rippon 6’1”
Belanger 6’ Matier 6’2”
Gill 6’ / Constantini 6’ Sawyer 6’

I do not see Wilson 6’2 in the line up at all this year whether Hoef comes back or not. Experience on Defence we have a lot of. It would make more sense to play younger players than tie up a spot with him.

Gill and Constantini should be a good battle and I am open for some surprises n forward but really do not see many. Thew big question is how many forwards are they going to keep and sit for games.

Goaltending is not on here because that is Andreee and Cranley

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Projected line up with those in camp along with their height

LW C RW
Keating 6’ Rossi 5’8” Clarke 6’
Yule 6’ 5” Hoesher 5’11” Quinn 6’
Robinson 6’2” Tolnai 6’ Sirizzotti 5’11”
Beck 5’ 11” Crete Y 6’ Ryan/ Bridgeland both5'10"
Dick 5’11”

DEFENCE
Hoefenmayer 6’1” / Peric 5’11” BAHL 6’6”
Okytuk 6’1” Rippon 6’1”
Belanger 6’ Matier 6’2”
Gill 6’ / Constantini 6’ Sawyer 6’

I do not see Wilson 6’2 in the line up at all this year whether Hoef comes back or not. Experience on Defence we have a lot of. It would make more sense to play younger players than tie up a spot with him.

Gill and Constantini should be a good battle and I am open for some surprises n forward but really do not see many. Thew big question is how many forwards are they going to keep and sit for games.

Goaltending is not on here because that is Andreee and Cranley
I disagree with not using Wilson in the lineup. He is the only one that has the moxey to stand up when the going gets tough. No one else in the lineup of returning players even comes close.

I know this is not the day of goon hockey, but you still need a enforcer presence on your team. Should someone new appear to take over this job then move Wilson at the OA trade deadline.

Reactions: Puck Stopper 1975

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I disagree with not using Wilson in the lineup. He is the only one that has the moxey to stand up when the going gets tough. No one else in the lineup of returning players even comes close.

I know this is not the day of goon hockey, but you still need a enforcer presence on your team. Should someone new appear to take over this job then move Wilson at the OA trade deadline.

You need a direction or goal for the season before those decisions can be made.

We are short on forward and deep on defence. We cannot have two OA D-Men unless we trade a high profile D-Man for a high profile forward to help that mix.

Three years ago I swore up and down this age mix on defence would cause problems. Everyone was saying, "I can't wait until all these guys are 19. We'll be unstoppable." I said at the time if you invest in this many D-Men it will come at the cost of the forwards. Here we are!

if we need to keep Hoef to ensure we have an elite first pairing to compete for a championship, we cannot keep all of Okhotyuk. WIlson, Rippon and Belanger for the whole season while running out 11 forwards. We need to mix a couple young guys into that mix so we can create more seemless continuity.

If we choose to play status quo and put out a competitive team with an eye to the future, keep Wilson and trade Hoef.

Either way, one of them needs to go.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
You need a direction or goal for the season before those decisions can be made.

We are short on forward and deep on defence. We cannot have two OA D-Men unless we trade a high profile D-Man for a high profile forward to help that mix.

Three years ago I swore up and down this age mix on defence would cause problems. Everyone was saying, "I can't wait until all these guys are 19. We'll be unstoppable." I said at the time if you invest in this many D-Men it will come at the cost of the forwards. Here we are!

if we need to keep Hoef to ensure we have an elite first pairing to compete for a championship, we cannot keep all of Okhotyuk. WIlson, Rippon and Belanger for the whole season while running out 11 forwards. We need to mix a couple young guys into that mix so we can create more seemless continuity.

If we choose to play status quo and put out a competitive team with an eye to the future, keep Wilson and trade Hoef.

Either way, one of them needs to go.

OMG

I don't see this team going for it this year. I see this team as a top 3 in the conference contender. Will they go as far as they did last year not likely but you never know.

There are a lot of young guns on forward next year we lose 3 forwards at most.

I worry about the defence next year we lose Bahl, Hoef and possibly Ohkytuk

I would think that this team is better served by putting on a good show on the ice and not worrying about anything other than developing that great talent that they have.

If you are building then with the defence that we have if hoef returns great his leadership could be used. But I do not see a need for Wilson someone on the team is going to have to step up and they might as well realize it this year.

At the trade deadline, I would see this team as a seller maybe if the right offer comes along but it will not be draft picks.

Trading Bahl for a deal like TK's would be the way to go

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
&
OMG

I don't see this team going for it this year. I see this team as a top 3 in the conference contender. Will they go as far as they did last year not likely but you never know.

There are a lot of young guns on forward next year we lose 3 forwards at most.

I worry about the defence next year we lose Bahl, Hoef and possibly Ohkytuk

I would think that this team is better served by putting on a good show on the ice and not worrying about anything other than developing that great talent that they have.

If you are building then with the defence that we have if hoef returns great his leadership could be used. But I do not see a need for Wilson someone on the team is going to have to step up and they might as well realize it this year.

At the trade deadline, I would see this team as a seller maybe if the right offer comes along but it will not be draft picks.

Trading Bahl for a deal like TK's would be the way to go
Hoef to me is the one that should go as he is very timid for his size, he was far from elite against Guelph in the playoffs and probably his ego is hurt due to NHL aspirations.

Wilson on the other hand is a good shutdown defenseman, who is not afraid of the tough going and can show these young guys what is required to play at this level. Dedication and determination which he has shown as a 67 's player.

In addition, Hoef would probably fetch more as far as a trade goes.

Reactions: Puck Stopper 1975

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
&

Hoef to me is the one that should go as he is very timid for his size, he was far from elite against Guelph in the playoffs and probably his ego is hurt due to NHL aspirations.

Wilson on the other hand is a good shutdown defenseman, who is not afraid of the tough going and can show these young guys what is required to play at this level. Dedication and determination which he has shown as a 67 's player.

In addition, Hoef would probably fetch more as far as a trade goes.

Let's look at it realisticaly. If the management of this team assumes we are a contender, Hoef will not be going anywhere. It ois simple as that. They will not trade a top pairing D-Man capable of playing close to 30 minutes per game regardless of the holes in his game.

If Bahl is playing 30 minutes per game, you don't need Wilson playing 15 on the 3rd pairing.

If it were up to me, I would trade Hoef, keep Wilson and Peric. I would then ship Bahl and Clarke out at the deadline in an effort to change the makeup of this roster for next season. But, I highly doubt they do that. So, it will either be keeping both Wilson and Hoef or just Hoef.

LR8

Mar 8, 2018
Let's look at it realisticaly. If the management of this team assumes we are a contender, Hoef will not be going anywhere. It ois simple as that. They will not trade a top pairing D-Man capable of playing close to 30 minutes per game regardless of the holes in his game.

If Bahl is playing 30 minutes per game, you don't need Wilson playing 15 on the 3rd pairing.

If it were up to me, I would trade Hoef, keep Wilson and Peric. I would then ship Bahl and Clarke out at the deadline in an effort to change the makeup of this roster for next season. But, I highly doubt they do that. So, it will either be keeping both Wilson and Hoef or just Hoef.

Folding on Aug 28th with this roster is something that few OHL teams would consider

analyser

Jan 7, 2014

Yes let's be realistic, maybe the management team wants to be a contender but they go in an entirely different direction. They get rid of both OA defensemen and use those positions to acquire quality forwards where we are thin to say the least.

The management team could go in this direction and thus give Peric his wish of playing top minutes. Then if their plan is working they could obtain an experienced D at the trade deadline for the playoff run.

It is all speculation on our part anyways, but some of the proposed scenarios are quite interesting.

Last edited:

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Folding on Aug 28th with this roster is something that few OHL teams would consider

It comes down to perspective. There are a lot of holes on this roster. If the rumours are to be believed, another hole will be created if Peric in fact gets traded because of lack of ice time.

If we use this existing roster and push all in this year, we will be crippled going forward. We'd be forced to do a major selloff next year and hope our young guys can make an impact. We'd be returning a very young and inexperienced defence.

The outlook really doesn't look great if we make a committment to winning this year.

If we accept the fact we made our push last season and do a minor reboot this season, we'd have an opportu ity to still win a round in the playoffs this season and set up our roster for the next two years while retaining assets to use going forward.

To me, it is a better use of assets to agin the maximum return on player capital.

Other teams have done it at the deadline. Oshawa did it last year. Windsor did it a few years ago. It's not like it doesn't happen.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
If you look at this team there are some MAJOR ISSUES.
The first is that besides Rossi and Keating this team has no offense.

The second is as OMG stated this team is built for the Future.

Personally I would rather see a team this year that puts an exciting product on the ice and gives the city a chance to bid on the Cup for next year

Going all in this year would not be conducive to that as we would have too many holes to fill next year and no proven talent to fill them.
Staying with the basis of this line up allows the team to ot only provide an exciting night out this year but also the promise of better things next year with just minor touch-ups.

OMG, I hate to say it but this is the year to take Killers approach. Stay young and competitive. develop the talent and make the necessary changes for next year. The franchise needs the city to be an exciting product. With the crap in Kanata this is the year that they can draw fans and show that a Jr ticket is a better investment than an NHL.

ETA 2000 Fan

Apr 16, 2015
It seems like y'all are in a hurry for the team to 'declare' all-in, next-year, maybe this year, maybe not, trade this guy, not that guy, go get this guy, this guy can't get enough ice-time if that guy isn't traded, this guy isn't good enough to fill that role.

All of those things are decided after careful consideration of the team's various options, after the assessment phase which is training camp.

Remember these are 16-20 year old athletes. A lot can change over a summer. Who's taller? Who's bigger? Who's faster? Who aced the fitness testing? Who didn't? Why? Is he injured? Who looks faster on the ice? Who looks more skilled? Why? Who plays better with whom? Why? Who looks more confident? How is so-and-so's body language, on and off the ice?

Then you start to plot out the first month. Who's away at an NHL rookie tourney/main camp? Are they likely to be back? If yes, what then? If no, what then? Ottawa (I believe) has 10 signed D-men. That's a lot of moving parts when you know they're unlikely to carry more than 7. Once the first domino falls (likely Hoef signing a pro deal or not), the rest will fall into place, one at a time, in order, and all in good time. Once the D is set, then you can look at OA numbers and where would you like to plug one in on the front end? Do you do it now? At Christmas? At the deadline?

Until then it's a fruitless exercise to try to pick lines and decide pairings and ice times. It would be difficult not to trust Boyd and Tourigny based on their track record. Let's all take a deep breath.

ETA 2000 Fan

Apr 16, 2015
Personally I would rather see a team this year that puts an exciting product on the ice and gives the city a chance to bid on the Cup for next year

Ottawa will not win a bid for a Memorial Cup until a great portion of the suites at TD Place are renovated. From what I've heard, the cost to do that is astronomical. TBH I can't see bidding for a Mem Cup and planning to use Canadian Tire Centre. That ship has sailed, has it not?

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
It seems like y'all are in a hurry for the team to 'declare' all-in, next-year, maybe this year, maybe not, trade this guy, not that guy, go get this guy, this guy can't get enough ice-time if that guy isn't traded, this guy isn't good enough to fill that role.

All of those things are decided after careful consideration of the team's various options, after the assessment phase which is training camp.

Remember these are 16-20 year old athletes. A lot can change over a summer. Who's taller? Who's bigger? Who's faster? Who aced the fitness testing? Who didn't? Why? Is he injured? Who looks faster on the ice? Who looks more skilled? Why? Who plays better with whom? Why? Who looks more confident? How is so-and-so's body language, on and off the ice?

Then you start to plot out the first month. Who's away at an NHL rookie tourney/main camp? Are they likely to be back? If yes, what then? If no, what then? Ottawa (I believe) has 10 signed D-men. That's a lot of moving parts when you know they're unlikely to carry more than 7. Once the first domino falls (likely Hoef signing a pro deal or not), the rest will fall into place, one at a time, in order, and all in good time. Once the D is set, then you can look at OA numbers and where would you like to plug one in on the front end? Do you do it now? At Christmas? At the deadline?

Until then it's a fruitless exercise to try to pick lines and decide pairings and ice times. It would be difficult not to trust Boyd and Tourigny based on their track record. Let's all take a deep breath.

Post of the preseason! In all seriousness, can anybody say that they thought we would be East champions at this time last year?

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Post of the preseason! In all seriousness, can anybody say that they thought we would be East champions at this time last year?

Yes, I am pretty sure many people including myself had Ottawa as potential League Champions. Niagara may have been the favourite going into the season but we did have the pieces to make a run as well as a full cupboard of picks to help make it happen.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Yes, I am pretty sure many people including myself had Ottawa as potential League Champions. Niagara may have been the favourite going into the season but we did have the pieces to make a run as well as a full cupboard of picks to help make it happen.

Who has a better roster right now in the East? The team still has a loaded cupboard to make upgrades. Why are we giving up on the season before an exhibition game is played?

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
If you guys eventually decide to sell, what would you expect to getup return should Keating be put on the block?

The Rangers, who look to contend, need two top six wingers to round out the roster. Preferably two LW's.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Barberpole and ETA no one here is throwing away the season.

There are a lot of unknown with this team. BUT there is one thing that is certain this team does not have the experience and ability at least on paper of the team from last year.

Also this team next year will if they stand pat lose a great deal of the defence and be entrusting it to a lot of unproven players.

All I am saying is that we should not shoot for the stars nor should we trade for OA players or keep some OA players (Wilson) I this yer would rather see this team go with the young guns that they have to add a few young players to fill a few of the holes but not make any trades that bring in 1 year rental players.

This is a team that is built year in and year out to compete. Will it be as good as least yer who knows personally I do not think so.

Will it be a better team next year if we let kids like Matier and Belanger along with Beck, Tolnai and sirozotti learn this year definitely.

AS TO THE M CUP. do not count Ottawa and the NCR out. If they feel that the money is there and it surely is when you look at the money the M Cup brings to the city there are ways to get the boxes put in.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Who has a better roster right now in the East? The team still has a loaded cupboard to make upgrades. Why are we giving up on the season before an exhibition game is played?

Setting yourself up to win a round in the playoffs this year, potentially bid to host a Memorial Cup next year isn't giving up. If we push in this year, we most certainly give up next year though.

Oshawa did it last year and won two playoff rounds. It isn't throwing in the towel, it would be recognizing true potential and managing assets in a way that maximizes their total worth.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChurchOfAlfie

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Memorial Cup bid and Private Boxes.

OSEG signed a contract with the City of Ottawa to operate Lansdowne Park. I would think it would be the sole responsibility of OSEG to make any further renovations considering they have something like 20 more years on their operations contract.

My personal opinion is the existing boxes are not the configuation that is most suitable. If it is archetecturally possible, I would look at installing boxes that would replace the top 15 rows give or take.

I am not sure we need boxes for the Memorial Cup bid. We could put the suites on the lower end and use the back 4 rows of seating Id necessary. It would require some reconfiguration but it's possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->