Ottawa 67's 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Take the two points and move on. Sometimes you need to win ugly. Peterboro loses to Kingston and the 67s keep climbing. Hoefenmeyer gets tossed and the young guys with Bahl hold the Fort. I will stick to my comments before and say no chance Matier gets moved. In first 13 games he was -9. In last 14 games he is +15.

He’s been playing with Hoefenmayer.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Good question. Maybe PBO & HAM?
- PBO only 7 games vs OSH & KGN 8 games
- HAM only 5 against an inter division team seems low.

league compensated Hamilton with extra games vs closer teams for staying in east division after move from Belleville. I believe the wolves used to play Niagara 8 times,

Last edited:

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Now that Hoef is in that magic fight and you get kicked out of the game spot will he be a marked man?

No offence to Matier but I wonder if when Ok gets back we should not pair them so that he has someone to help him.

Also knowing that Gat is going to be a rough game do you spot shift him?

Buschito

Apr 8, 2019
I think as long as he doesn’t instigate, it doesn’t count as a third fight. The thing I’m confused about is when was his first fight? I don’t remember any for Hoef this season and there are no other majors showing in his game by game stats. What am I missing?

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Apologies for the dumb question, but I seem to recall that the OHL structured it so that these games count in the standings for the 67's. Is that correct? I ask because I see that we now have two games in hand on the Petes...

Reactions: BarberPole9

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Regarding the question on the schedule, each team starts with the following:

play the other conference 2 times each = 20
play the other inter-conference division 4 times each = 20
play two teams in our division 8 times each = 16
play two teams in our division 6 times each = 12
Total = 68

Some teams have a variance to that plan to account for geographical rivals in an effort to reduce travel where possible.

In Ottawa’s case, they have always played Sudbury only two times instead of four for as long as I can remember. This is so Sudbury can play SSM more and Ottawa can play the extra two games inside their division.

So, Ottawa would play Kingston, Peterborough and Belleville 8 times. When Belleville moved to Hamilton, they played Oshawa 8 times and Hamilton 6 times.

That changed when Ottawa and Gatineau started playing each other. Hamilton and Peterborough were each reduced a game this year. So, Ottawa has Kingston and Oshawa 8 times, Peterborough 7 times and Hamilton 5 times.

My personal opinion is, I don’t like the Ottawa vs Gatineau games. However, if they insist on doing it, they should play each other six times. Both Ottawa and Gatineau have silly travel schedules and if they were to increase those games, it would at least have a positive travel effect for both teams.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Apologies for the dumb question, but I seem to recall that the OHL structured it so that these games count in the standings for the 67's. Is that correct? I ask because I see that we now have two games in hand on the Petes...

They count in the standings.

Reactions: Larionov

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I think as long as he doesn’t instigate, it doesn’t count as a third fight. The thing I’m confused about is when was his first fight? I don’t remember any for Hoef this season and there are no other majors showing in his game by game stats. What am I missing?

Apparently the call in the building was a Fighting Major and Game Misconduct. Hoefenmayer jumped in after a 67’s player took a bad hit. The other player didn’t engage in the fight so Hoef gets tossed. If the other player engaged in the fight, Hoef would have just gotten he 2 for instigating and 10 minute misconduct.

This is how it was explained to me.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad