Ottawa 67's 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
As well as a GM that made great buys in a buyers market. The storm came out of the trade deadline with the best team, imo. Guelph has had to play without Hillis; London, Saginaw, and Ottawa were fortunate too.
Yes.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I agreed with "can't panic, stick to your game" for games 4 and 5, and the result was the exact same as game 3. When you're facing elimination on the road, where you've played terribly, having lost 3 games in a row, what better time is their to shake things up? This could very well be the last game of the season.

Considering no one has really generated much at all offensively, I'd go with something like this. Veteran presence on all lines. They don't have last change, so don't worry about match ups and roll all 4. Could lead to a fresher team and more offense, as the current 4th line barely gets used.

Tolnai-Chmelevski-Quinn
Maksimovich-Rossi-Chiodo
Keating-Hoelscher-Felhaber
Klark-Bitten-Clarke

Facing elimination, I’d play two lines to get a decent lead; or, for as long as their effective.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work.....

I’m not sure Guelph as a team or anyone can just turn it on when needed. It’s more likely Guelph can adjust and counter because they are better and more balanced than the other very good teams.

Reactions: Ratelleitlikeitis

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Saying the exact same thing. Guelph has been a team of opportunity. They caught London when a stomach virus was ravishing the dressing room...they caught Saginaw when Provie decided he was bigger than the game and screwed his team...they caught Ottawa when Deeps went down with a season ender. All 3 teams had to resort to conserved games for various reasons and it allowed Guelph to really open it up and control which game was played by both teams. Like taking candy from a baby
Disagree. Those are convenient excuses (perhaps with the exception of the flu) but Guelph is full marks for where they are and would be there regardless of the injuries. When they’re at the top of their game they haven’t been matched, period. If they’e at their best Sunday and Poppy plays well it’s likely curtains.
I realize it’s my opinion but I consider my view to be an informed one as for the record, I’ve watched every one of their games (quite sure many that comment haven’t). The last couple games of both of their last series weren’t even that close as far as which team was dictating the play, especially game seven against Saginaw. Credit where it’s due period.

Last edited:

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I’m not sure Guelph as a team or anyone can just turn it on when needed. It’s more likely Guelph can adjust and counter because they are better and more balanced than the other very good teams.
Agree about the adjustments but it’s hard to argue they don’t have another gear when their backs are against the wall. They do.

Last edited:

ETA 2000 Fan

Apr 16, 2015

It would appear, based on their record and pattern, that they can precisely do that ("just turn it on when needed"). They've lost and won games both on the road and at home. They've both lost and won games in a row. What they've not done is lose an elimination game, whether at home or on the road and regardless of the result of the previous game. There's very little tactical about this team. It's all about talent and execution. For Ottawa to have a chance, they have to out execute Guelph's superior talent.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
They only displayed their offensive power for 40 mins out of the last 120 mins. I don't know if the coach is trying to be defensive for the first 40 mins of each game but this approach is not working. The last two third periods they played their offensive style and the results were positive.

Does this have something to do with Andree replacing Dipietro, we don't know but this is not the time to hold back?

Go for it today and leave it all out on the ice.

Best of luck.

Reactions: sirius67fan

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
67s need to find that extra gear and FAST!!!!! Im really pulling for a come back

cobra9850

Apr 23, 2014
67s need to find that extra gear and FAST!!!!! Im really pulling for a come back
The air is coming out of the 67's balloon just about now.The 67'S should be proud of their season.They are greater than the sum of their individual parts and came up against a supremely talented team peaking at the right time.

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
And you were shocked and laughed at the inability of London and Saginaw to finish them off? Up 2-0 today, up 2-0 in the series and now look...
Join the club! Butt kicked!

Reactions: dirty12

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
The air is coming out of the 67's balloon just about now.The 67'S should be proud of their season.They are greater than the sum of their individual parts and came up against a supremely talented team peaking at the right time.
I agree, great season for the 67’s but the Storm were just on another level once they got going. I guess it’s not how many you lose but when you lose them. I’m sure it will be very disappointing for the 67’s but what are you going to do. No shame in losing this series. Guelph is simply heavier and deeper.

bear6

Feb 20, 2015
Wow is all I can say. Guelph is on a tear right now, they look like they are firing on all cylinder's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad