Ottawa 67's 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
What a beat down of the Icedogs tonight!

I wonder if our buddy 3 Dog will come here to tell us that we shouldn’t be excited because they had to scratch their 3rd line LW and 4th D? He always has a good reason when they get beaten by Ottawa.

Is General Zodd out there? What’s his opinion on tonight’s game?!?

Great game tonight, so nice to beat Niagara like that.

Last edited:

Sep 24, 2018
Saw the game tonite and it was very well played by the 67s.
I know the Motto is No Quit but tonite I would say it was Stay focused.
Wow are the 67 s as a group very focused they seem to be in the right mind set for sure.
I’m certain that they won because they believed they could and they never let up throughout the game .
Well done team awesome hockey tonite

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
The last goaltending tandem that with these numbers that I can think of was Hillier and Keyes. But they were different in that they never saw any tough shots and there were few rebounds that the defense did not get rid of.

It was ot that they were that good unlike these 2 it was that the defense was that good.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
What a beat down of the Icedogs tonight!

I wonder if our buddy 3 Dog will come here to tell us that we shouldn’t be excited because they had to scratch their 3rd line LW and 4th D? He always has a good reason when they get beaten by Ottawa.

Is General Zodd out there? What’s his opinion on tonight’s game?!?

Great game tonight, so nice to beat Niagara like that.

I’m not trying to diminish the importance of this game, nor am I trying to diminish the play of the 67’s.

BUT

IT is just one game. No different than it was just one game IN Guelph and just one game in Niagara post deadline trading.

What I don’t feel has much of an impact is the bus arriving 60 minutes prior to the puck drop. I know there are pregame routines etc but the bus ride was from Kingston. It’s not a long distance (normally 1 hour 45). So with the delay less than 3 hours. Even though it was delayed significantly because of weather, this is something that happens to every team from time to time. They still would have gotten their pregame skate in and would have been able to work out their bus legs to get going. So, even though it was a factor, it wasn’t a 6-1 outcome factor.

Reactions: three dog night

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
The last goaltending tandem that with these numbers that I can think of was Hillier and Keyes. But they were different in that they never saw any tough shots and there were few rebounds that the defense did not get rid of.

It was ot that they were that good unlike these 2 it was that the defense was that good.

Szuper and Kotyk were, IMO, the best tandem of the last 25ish seasons. They benefitted from solid defense as well but I think you can say that about a lot of the great goalie tandems.

Szuper 2.33 & .917
Kotyk 2.39 & .907

Memorial Cup winning tandem and both played.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Looking ahead at the upcoming schedule, the 67’s have made it through all of their tough games against the league leaders. Outside of a home and home with Oshawa in March, the best teams Ottawa plays are the four teams in the mix for 5th the 8th in the East. Only Kitchener at home for a West team on the Schedule.

I am not saying they will run the schedule. But, it is a schedule that does favour them quite significantly. They have 80 points with 17 games left. It is pretty safe to say they will break the 100 point plateau and may push for 110.

The one problem with that is no real struggles lay ahead. Other than the Oshawa series in MArch, there are no games to circle on the calendar to get pumped for. They will definitly have to refocus going into the playoffs and then they face the #8 seed before playing a team like Sudbury or Oshawa in the 2nd round which will be a much stiffer test.

Predictions to finish the season:
1> Felhaber gets to 70 goals. He needs a goal a game to get there. I think he can with that schedule ahead. I think it is safe to say he takes the OA of the year award.
2> Rossi gets 75 points and breaks the 30 goal mark. Wins Rookie of the Year honours. He needs 24 points in 17 games. I think he can do it. 80 may be a stretch though.
3> DiPietro settles in as the de facto #1 goalie. Unfortunately, UPL wins the Goalie of the Year award ahead of DiPietro.
4> Chmelevski and Rossi continue to charge the leaderboard for points and both end up in the top 25 to finish the year with Felhaber, Maksimovich, Keating and Chiodo.
5> Hoefenmeyer is making his case for Defenseman of the Year but I think he will fall just short. He will finish in the top 3 and may sneak on to the first team but probably ends up on the 2nd team all star.

BlacksoxBS

Feb 3, 2019
upload_2019-2-3_14-52-7.png

ETA 2000 Fan

Apr 16, 2015
Hence why hockey, with the exception of World Championships and Olympics medal rounds, is decided by 7-game series.

Ottawa won this one game, fair and square without excuses. The last time they played, New Year's Eve, Niagara won 6-5 at home and both teams were short players due to the WJC and injury. Three days before that Ottawa won 4-1, Niagara with a short lineup and Ottawa with 3 CCHL players in the lineup. Both teams bolstered their lineups at the deadline and there are always going to be injuries.

I think the concept of statement games is a load of BS. Statement games, for my money, are deciding playoff games, especially game 7s. Hopefully these 2 teams will have a couple of those this spring.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
The only way you have real statement games is if one team dominates the other over the season. If Ottawa had soundly defeated Niagara in every game they played or vice versa then there would be a statement made That Ottawa was the power team.

In this case the only thing that was shown was on this day the Ottawa Powerplay outshone that of Niagara. That either Dhillon had a bad game or the 67's found his weakness.
The only other thing a game like this does is give the 67's confidence in knowing that they can come out play a strong game shut down the big line of Niagara and win.
That is the importance of this game.

It says only that yes if we play our game and we play it well for 60 minutes we can beat this team. Whereas if Niagara since the trades had come out and defeated the 67's badly in every game it would demoralize the 67 players to an extent.

That is it there is nothing else that this game did.

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
Mathematically speaking, it separated the teams in the standing from 5 to 9.
That’s something else.
Caused some desention between Ice Dogs fans.
That’s something else.
Exposed Dhillon Glove hand......lol

ETA 2000 Fan

Apr 16, 2015

Sitting at 9th in the season PP standings at 23.4%. So that means pre-deadline 67's were 20.38%. Clearly Maksimovich and Chiodo (and maybe DiPietro) have helped.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013

Sitting at 9th in the season PP standings at 23.4%. So that means pre-deadline 67's were 20.38%. Clearly Maksimovich and Chiodo (and maybe DiPietro) have helped.

Small sample size though. Those trades stretched the lineup. They have helped the PP but Lets see where we sit at years end. Hopefully it is the new additions that did the trick.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Scoring goals only on the PP is a fools venture. It is a team overall goals game versus their goals against a game that tells the tale. Right now we are second to the knights their 85 to our 83 Niagara is 66

That tells me more than how we do on the powerplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->