Eklund Rumor: OTT/VAN/NYI/ANA all waiting with significant offers for Nylander (it's about time)

Status
Not open for further replies.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Anaheim is the only team with a defender we'd trade Nylander for without a significant add. Maybe Chabot on Ottawa.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Only team that makes sense is the Ducks, only player that fits TML’s needs is Manson. Would Nylander + Hainsey for Manson + Ritchie work? Hainsey is a LHD but plays the right side effectively and expires after the season.
If the ducks decide to go with Nylander down the middle getzlaf Nylander Henrique is a nice trio to start with and gives Willy insulation with two gud pros. Of course this is with the presumption kesler is toast. If not he provides dynamic offensive ability from the right wing

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
Offers are always welcome, and if Dubas thinks the value is good and it will help the team this year and in the future he should go for it. However, the fantasy that seems so common here on HFBoards of the Leafs giving up Nylander for pennies on the dollar will likely remain that... a fantasy.

On the plus side these rumors perhaps give the Leafs even more leverage in the negotiations with Nylander; suddenly he has to worry about his rights being sent to another team the longer he holds out

Reactions: heybuddyhowyadoing

LucicAndChong

formerly known as Big Sugar
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Only team that makes sense is the Ducks, only player that fits TML’s needs is Manson. Would Nylander + Hainsey for Manson + Ritchie work? Hainsey is a LHD but plays the right side effectively and expires after the season.
If the ducks decide to go with Nylander down the middle getzlaf Nylander Henrique is a nice trio to start with and gives Willy insulation with two gud pros. Of course this is with the presumption kesler is toast. If not he provides dynamic offensive ability from the right wing
im a leafs fan and i will tell you adding hainsey to any deal subtracts value. that man is way too old

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
There's no way that I would move Manson or Montour at this point in time. Montour especially looks like he's about to explode. I think he's been one of our best defensemen through pre-season and the regular season, so far. As mentioned, those players would understandably be the fair trade demand of the Leafs.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

Manson is a complete non starter. Anaheim would be begging for a player like that as much as 25+ other teams are now.

I can't see any of the top 4 being moved for the time being, not after the Vatanen and Theodore trades left us without anyone to step in and fill the void.

If we had to sacrifice one for forward help, Fowler would make the most sense. We have Lindholm on the left side along with our three top D prospects. Can't replace Manson or Montour on the right side with the likes of Sustr, Hainsey or Schenn, no thanks.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
im a leafs fan and i will tell you adding hainsey to any deal subtracts value. that man is way too old
Fair enough, I just went with the poster above saying that the ducks would need a top 4 back. Hainsey might look better on a team with a slower pace like the ducks and could be a solid contributor. I’d be willing to replace Hainsey with another piece within reason as well to better suit Anaheim’s needs

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Fair enough, I just went with the poster above saying that the ducks would need a top 4 back. Hainsey might look better on a team with a slower pace like the ducks and could be a solid contributor. I’d be willing to replace Hainsey with another piece within reason as well to better suit Anaheim’s needs
We changed our system since last year. It's geared towards speed now, which is a major reason why we're averse to moving our top 4, since that's their wheelhouse. Well, that and having no replacements on the right side.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

If Hainsey is a top 4 D now, the hourglass is starting to run out. Manson and Montour are both the present and future for the Ducks on the right side. Even if Hainsey could do an Ok job filling in for now, that doesn't address the massive hole we would have opened moving forward. We all know how tough those can be to acquire, would much rather just keep the two we have with no high end RHD prospects in the system to replace them.

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
The Leafs are much better off waiting Nylander out, trading him now would be a mistake as they would be coming from a position of weakness. Now also isn’t the best time to be trading a winger for a dman with the values of the two today. Pretty much every forward for dman trade lately (sans Larsson for Hall) has benefited the team getting the dman more. Sergachev for Drouin, Jones for Johansen, Girard for Turris. I just can’t see a team offering up a Chabot or a Dobson right now, which is the kind of dman the Leafs would need if they made a trade like this.

Nylander really doesn’t have much of a choice, eventually he’s going to sign, even if it’s only a bridge deal the correct move would be to keep him for a couple of years then deal him when his value is higher.

Reactions: OmniCube

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Tanev and Gunnarsson for Nylander and 2019 2nd

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
Anaheim is the only team that has the pieces we would want. Ottawa has Chabot; but he's not the d-man we really covet.
Also, Nylander wants to get paid.

I’d be more inclined to believe Ottawa would trade Chabot for a 5th, our if concerns for what they’ll need to pay him, than them taking a guy who reportedly wants 8M. Hell even if Nylander agreed to a 5M deal, that’d probably be a bit rich for Melnyk.

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
Lol maybe not
I don’t think he gets traded, but if the Leafs continue to show that they don’t miss his offense, and feel they really need an upgrade in D... it might happen.

It’d need to be a young top pairing guy(or at least potential top pairing), but it’s possible.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
There is an all-purpose Nylander thread for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad