Eklund Rumor: OTT/VAN/NYI/ANA all waiting with significant offers for Nylander (it's about time)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
Isles offering "defensive help"...

200.gif

We have our own D problems

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Anaheim has what Toronto wants, but I don't think they'd give it up since then they'd need those pieces. Not to mention, money wise, the only d man that makes sense is Fowler and that's not who Toronto would target

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
If the Leafs are looking for Defensive help I don't think the Islanders make a good matchup(given we are already thin enough on the back end and giving up Pulock or even Dobson will only make that situation worse)

Nylander would be nice to have but not the exact player we need

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
Only surprise is that it took Eklund this long to throw out something like this. You can tell he draws stuff out of a hat when he says the Islanders and Sens are offering defensive help.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
If the Leafs are looking for Defensive help I don't think the Islanders make a good matchup(given we are already thin enough on the back end and giving up Pulock or even Dobson will only make that situation worse)

Nylander would be nice to have but not the exact player we need

no no no, you got it all wrong. The Isles have these two young studs. Pelech and Mayfield. They are absolute workhorses out there. Personally I feel a 1 for 1 swap is a fair trade but since I'm feeling kind of saucy I think Pelech/Mayfield for Nylander is a steal for Toronto. They would downright hose the Isles if that kind of trade was made!

Reactions: zcaptain

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
if this is true thats really interesting because that means Lou is calling Dubas asking for Nylander...
With the way Lou operates? He's probably calling the Islanders on behalf of the Leafs to negotiate a trade with himself. This is the same guy that was trying to negotiate with Tavares for the Islanders while still employed by Toronto.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I am not sure any of these team can actually afford to give up D. The Ducks might be the most capable but after Mason and Montour on the RS there is really nothing. We'd have to be getting a number 4 guy back IMO. Otherwise we'd be playing Schenn or Sustr top 4 minutes which is a bad idea. Unless "defensive help" Includes defensive forwards I can't see a deal that makes sense for the Ducks.

Reactions: heybuddyhowyadoing

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
lol Eklund

The player I most want for Nylander is Josh Manson, and we know that he's practically untouchable

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I am not sure any of these team can actually afford to give up D. The Ducks might be the most capable but after Mason and Montour on the RS there is really nothing. We'd have to be getting a number 4 guy back IMO. Otherwise we'd be playing Schenn or Sustr top 4 minutes which is a bad idea. Unless "defensive help" Includes defensive forwards I can't see a deal that makes sense for the Ducks.

Bad idea is putting it lightly lol

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton

If you're talking William Nylander the firm price is Lindholm or Manson. I don't think the Ducks need for a scoring forward is urgent enough to move either of those guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->