Confirmed Trade: [OTT/VAN] Alex Burrows for Jonathan Dahlen; Burrows re-signs 2 years/2.5M AAV

Status
Not open for further replies.

6stringmofo

Mar 12, 2015
Ottawa
It was nice seeing Burrows receive a few passes and finish them rather than trying to dig the puck out of the corner.

I think he'll be alright in Ottawa.

Last edited:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Right now, the Burrows trade is looking like the early winner of deadline deals. Add on another goal and assist and win now 3 in a row for the Senators.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Right now, the Burrows trade is looking like the early winner of deadline deals. Add on another goal and assist and win now 3 in a row for the Senators.

Burrows also set Karlsson up where he hit the post/cossbar ... would have been a nice goal.

Hockey News called the Sens the biggest TDL losers if you can believe that ... what a crock.

Skipee

Mar 27, 2010
Burrows also set Karlsson up where he hit the post/cossbar ... would have been a nice goal.

Hockey News called the Sens the biggest TDL losers if you can believe that ... what a crock.

Hockey News is basically a Leafs propoganda machine, it does not surprise me that they would rip on Ottawa for being amazing.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

Don't think you'll be finding a upset Canucks fan either. We're all very happy to see Burr fitting right in and contributing.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Hopefully even more teams will pay up for vets at the deadline after this Burrows performance. Hopefully Hansen does well too.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Burrows has done more in 3 games for the Sens than Erat and Latta have done during their entire tenure with Washington. And Dahlen although has a higher ceiling than Forsberg, also has a lower floor.

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
Regardless of the nature of the trade, the staff comments and the way Ottawa have brought Burrows in to the team suggests that Boucher specifically wanted the guy ... rather than just trying to bring in a "veteran presence". I'm sure 1.5 years from now when Burrows makes some bonehead play on his 37th birthday Ottawa fans will be complaining, but I think Boucher targeted Burrows as a good fit for his system and right now that appears to be working.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014

If Burrows had been traded to Toronto they would have called it the best trade of the year.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Burrows has done more in 3 games for the Sens than Erat and Latta have done during their entire tenure with Washington. And Dahlen although has a higher ceiling than Forsberg, also has a lower floor.

Many compare Dahlen more to Mats Zuccarello maybe a bit more skill but size wise about the same and he is a bit slower then Mats.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Well he is outscoring Forsberg during draft year and draft year +1, but is also older during that time period.

I mean Yakupov got picked 1st overall and look at him. Dahlen is a pretty good prospect but out of 50 prospects like him, very few actually turns into a player like Filip Forsberg.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
This is really looking like a trade that is paying off for the Sens. I said at the time, Burrows will no doubt help their fwd depth, and it has. But I think it has had a ripple effect on the rest of the roster. When Mgt goes out and shows faith in its current roster. Players on the team buy in even more.

Obviously with 3 wins in the bank, the Senators have bought in. Dangerous team that is closing in on 1st in the Atlantic.

Lenerdosy

Feb 23, 2015
Hopefully even more teams will pay up for vets at the deadline after this Burrows performance. Hopefully Hansen does well too.

Hansen might not score as much as Burrows has right away but I can guarantee you he will do the leg work and get guys open and help whatever line he is on get more scoring chances by allowing them to do the skilled work while he does the "dirty" work.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008

:laugh: no.

Watch them play at the same time and you will know Forsberg is more dynamic even if you just look at the WJC

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
looks like both teams got what they want...Ottawa short term help, Van long term.

win,win.

This. I was never a Sens fan infact i really didnt like them. Like at all. But now Im cheering for them and hope they win the Cup

Ideal for me would be Sens winning the cup this year and heck even next year too with burr but then also Dahlen turns into a 1st line elite stud for us.

Dreaming i know but would be nice :)

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
We made the exact trades we needed to make ,we are a much faster and more difficult team to play against.We may play boring at times ,but style points count for nothing :nod:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
The Burrows trade is really paying dividends for the playoff push, I know some Sens fans expressed some concerns over this deal. But they have to be delighted right now. 4G 2A, 6Pts in 6 games, and 6 wins in a row since the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->