Value of: ott trade with wild

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Sure, if they have another wing capable of playing the right side at a high level. Doesnt change that we have granlund capable of 65 to 70 points playing RW and Nino capable of 50 to 60 when healthy.

There is a difference between need and want.

Them wanting to see if Greenway can be a 6'6" monster down the middle doesnt have any impact on what they think Ek can be long term.
You're right about Greenway, but playing Ek at wing in the preseason after the season he had last year, says quite a bit about what Boudreau thinks of his future at center.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Not for 7.5 or 8 m per year for 8 years, they ain't.

The guy has a career high of 26 goals. Can be counted on to score in the low 20's. That's nice, but not 7.5M nice. MN fans would be screaming about him being overpaid within weeks of his arrival once they see what he is.

Also, MN needs their ELC players, as players like Staal, Koivu, and Parise play out the string. Zucker, Dumba, Granlund, and Nino just got paid, and Coyle/Brodin will need to be re-upped in a while. We need the ELC players like Kunin, Greenway, Ek, and Tuch...oops... There isn't cap room for a 7.5-8M 20 goal scorer, especially one who is slow afoot.

Hey, if Stone will sign for 6M, then we can talk. Point still remains that MN can't continue to trade picks, prospects , and ELC players. Wild have been rated as having the worst prospect pool in the league mainly because of deals like the one proposed above. That is not sustainable. If MN were a favorite, or near favorite to win the Cup this year, then...maybe...you sacrifice the future for the present. Does anyone really believe that Stone will make them Cup favorite's?
Pretty much all of this is wrong.

Reactions: Stealth JD

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Sarcasm detector malfunctioning?
I know who Kunin is. I also know he’s still not cleared to play yet nor does anyone know if he will need to develop a lot more in Iowa.
I already stated you’d need to take Eriksson Ek out and insert a roster player for cap reasons and balance the proposal from there. Stone would help this team tremendously. Turning a blind eye to a player of his caliber would be dumb.
Kunin would really be the only guy that you could replace Eriksson Ek with.

Wildfan24

Nov 20, 2014
I understand a lot of people like the 2 way forward but I would really like the wild to get a way from it. it's not staal is offensive and can play d but having one of if not our only top center prospect to be a 2 way forward that might get 40 to 50 points at a year or 2. wild need point producers not another 2way forward. koivu should be a 3rd line center for the past 3 to4 years. moving on from a prospect just like him I'm not gonna cry over his lost. I understand I'm giving up a lot but for a winger who can score I believe this is what the wild need. I see a lot of people want duchene buf I'm a little confused with him both teams hes been on haven't done well I get Ottawa is a mess but dont know about him he seems to be a wierd one yes I'd take him but be cautious. if staal has another awesome year what are wild fans actually gonna be happy with signing him?koivus last deal?2 or 3 years at5 5.5mill? kunin and greenway I'd be happy seeing as 2-3 centers of not 1-2 in years to come. just nothing about jee impresses me.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Read the OP of this thread.
I did. That "with a signed contract" is HFBoards nonsense. Completely irrevelant. A players willingness to sign somehwere else doesn't make him more valuable to the team that he doesn't want to sign with.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I did. That "with a signed contract" is HFBoards nonsense. Completely irrevelant. A players willingness to sign somehwere else doesn't make him more valuable to the team that he doesn't want to sign with.
So you’re saying sign and trades don’t happen?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->