Proposal: OTT/TB

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Concept is simple. Mark Stone as a rental to Tampa Bay.

To Tampa:
Mark Stone possibly retained
Draft pick (Because Dorian LOVES to throw unnessasary picks into trades)

To Ottawa:
One of Coburn/Girardi/Callahan (Cap Reasons)
One of Cirelli/Raddysh/Joseph (Young Player)
And THIS year’s first. With a conditional first if Stone resigns but he probably won’t with TB’s Salary Cap next year.

Discuss:

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Concept is simple. Mark Stone as a rental to Tampa Bay.

To Tampa:
Mark Stone possibly retained
Draft pick (Because Dorian LOVES to throw unnessasary picks into trades)

To Ottawa:
One of Coburn/Girardi/Callahan (Cap Reasons)
One of Cirelli/Raddysh/Joseph (Young Player)
And THIS year’s first. With a conditional first if Stone resigns but he probably won’t with TB’s Salary Cap next year.

Discuss:
I don't think TB can deal the first this year

Reactions: Nickmo82

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
I feel like you’re just rubbing this into my face as many Avs fans have already done the past year.

But in all seriousness, don’t know what this has to do with the proposal whatsoever.
Oh my bad... I just saw it under Ottawa and thought you didn’t know that.

Didn’t actually read

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Yeah. It's a second that becomes a first if they win the Cup.
They could trade it but would have to make it conditional where it would just move to next year if the Stanley Cup condition was met as part of the NYR trade. Ottawa would probably ask for a bit more if they’re not able to get this year’s 1st however.

Altimus

Probably drunk
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2006
West end Ottawa
I'll bite. So i want Colburn, Raddysh, 1st and a conditional 3rd this year and next year if he doesnt resign, but a first next year if he does.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
I’d only be open to it if Callahan was the cap dump and he won’t accept a trade to Ottawa. Otherwise we have no problem scoring and I’m not a fan of cutting into our defensive depth and giving away a good young player and a first for something that doesn’t address a major need. A reasonable proposal though.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
I’d only be open to it if Callahan was the cap dump and he won’t accept a trade to Ottawa. Otherwise we have no problem scoring and I’m not a fan of cutting into our defensive depth and giving away a good young player and a first for something that doesn’t address a major need. A reasonable proposal though.
I would say Ottawa could add Ceci but the cap makes things difficult even with retention. And if Ceci is involved Ottawa would as for a bit more.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
I would say Ottawa could add Ceci but the cap makes things difficult even with retention. And if Ceci is involved Ottawa would as for a bit more.

Yeah I’d rather just keep what we have, thanks. I’m more inclined to consider the deal with Callahan involved because our defense stays intact, we get a rental scorer for this season/postseason, and we free up some cap space for next season. With Coburn or Girardi instead of Callahan we both break up a defensive unit that has been playing well for us and lose the benefit of clearing Cally’s contract for next season; in those circumstances it’s just not as attractive a deal to me.

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
Cirelli, Callahan and Foote.

Take out the 1st all together. If not, sell Stone to the highest bidder (which I don't think would be Tampa). Preferably we resign our next captain though..

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Cirelli, Callahan and Foote.

Take out the 1st all together. If not, sell Stone to the highest bidder (which I don't think would be Tampa). Preferably we resign our next captain though..

For your sake, hopefully you re-sign, because you aren't getting that from Tampa and with Dorion as your GM you'll probably get nickel and dimed.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
We are not taking back a cap dump. Keep in mind who our owner is.

A deal with Stone would have a bunch of factors including if he is willing to sign here or not. This deal would be worst case scenario imo. Could probably get better from other teams especially if he is willing to sign here. Then price goes way up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->