Confirmed with Link: [OTT/STL] Pat Cannone to St Louis Blues for future considerations

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Good move, Cannone was near the bottom of the depth chart & he wasn't in their future plans. There is still plenty of depth in Bingo & probably still too many forwards, although I imagine a couple could end up in Elmira.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
I was just reading about "future considerations" of the past and came across this:

Former DU Player Traded For A Bus

[...]
Martin was playing for the University of Denver during the 1982-83 season, the Seattle Breakers traded his WHL rights to Victoria with cash for a used team bus and future considerations. In fact, the deal was really just Martin straight-up in lieu of Seattle having to make a down payment on Victoria's spare bus. The unconventional deal was made in mid-January 1983.

"Our old bus blew its engine on a road trip to Kelowna," Seattle owner John Hamilton explained to a reporter from The Hockey News. "Victoria had a bus they couldn't use and we had a player we couldn't use. Bingo."

http://letsgodu.blogspot.ca/2005/12/du-player-traded-for-bus-in-early-80s.html

Golden

Haven't we suffered enough?
May 3, 2007
We got Future Considerations?! How did Murray pull this one off? :amazed:

Mercurial

#lalala
Oct 29, 2009
I presume future considerations have to be declared in the trade paperwork? Expect it's some conditional pick.

Buckleys

Jul 21, 2006
I heard Future Considerations is Alex Pietrangelo? Seems unlikely though, I think they'd have to add to get Cannone.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
image.png

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
This is the most ambivalent I have been about anything since I got a cheque from Rogers in the mail for $0.28 in leftover credit when I closed my account.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
i think i read somewhere (i can't remember where, and trying different keywords in google isn't helping) that future considerations cannot be a draft pick or player. the only thing i think i remember seeing as an example of future considerations was something like "request an exhibition game". i think there were other examples, but i really don't remember.

can anyone confirm this?

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Peace out, fat Pat. Best of luck in St. Louis. ;)

He;s husky not fat

He's Chris Phillips fat.

He's nothing but pure muscle and he was the only player on the ice moving his ass day in and day out. The next Mike Fisher (maybe even better) and I have to read this horse manure ?!?

Damn, Brust gone, Cannone gone, I hope Main's still a Sens fan..

I'll always be a Sens fan but my patience with the Murray's is WEARING THIN.

Somebody find Main and make sure the guy is ok

Anyone work for the suicide helpline? :sarcasm:

Well, in moments like these (the trading of Tugnutt, Lalime vs Nieuwendyk, the Friesen goal, losing Alfie, and now this) where Ottawa fans have experienced gigantic blows of depression by our executive mis-management I usually turn to binge eating to escape, but I guess that might cause a suicide in some extreme situations - I'll put it on speed dial just in case. I completely feel your pain brother.

Future Considerations sounds like a bust, to me. I've never even heard of the guy... why can't Murray get fair value in any trade :rant: #FireMurray

Whoa - Cannone has been talked about and praised since he first signed a contract. He lit up the Sens forum with discussion of his amazing two-way play, incomparable agility, and invaluable leadership skills (probably would have taken the C this season) and in 24K posts you've never heard of him ? More like he's all you heard of in these parts.

Or pucks. Like a bag of pucks.

I'm guessing 7th rounder in 2027.

We got Future Considerations?! How did Murray pull this one off? :amazed:

Maybe they are impressed with some players at development camp and want to make room in Bingo for them.

Good move, Cannone was near the bottom of the depth chart & he wasn't in their future plans. There is still plenty of depth in Bingo & probably still too many forwards, although I imagine a couple could end up in Elmira.

Likely Cannone and Murray both knew that his chance wasn't going to come in this organization, so we moved him for a different opportunity.

Where the hell is this coming from ? Who in development camp could has possibly hurdled Cannone ? He was not only ready to take the reigns of this team but he was so in shape and physically / mentally ready that he was not even invited to development camp. Is Al Strachan secretly posting under seven different accounts? More like Cannone was going to force Murray into signing him for a 2-year deal at entry level salary and then at the end of that 2nd year, after taking home all the hardware and iconifying himself as the next franchise leader, he would likely be demanding more than Melnyk's chequebook can write. If I want to read / hear unfounded speculation and grossly undervalued assertions of pure bred talent I'll unmute Sportsnet intermissions or go to TSN and listen to Jamie McLennan and Mike Johnson spew their filthy sewers as they shout into the camera.

I'm certainly not bashing Murray for making this move. Just trying to see the end goal of this move. I thought Cannone was going to be the next cornerstone of this franchise.

Hey Silf - fixed the typo for you. Let me know if you need any further help.

Blockbuster!!

nightmare off season continues

Both QFT. Although this deal will likely set St. Louis's future in a Stanley Cup silver mold for the coming years (hence making it a blockbuster) it also shows Ottawa is being chipped away piece by piece. The nightmare does continue.

I heard Future Considerations is Alex Pietrangelo? Seems unlikely though, I think they'd have to add to get Cannone.

No future considerations can really equate to what Cannone brought to the rink night in and night out, but I'm assuming St. Louis will give up nothing more than Stewart with Perron / Tarasenko and Shattenkirk. Cannone was basically the equivalent of 3 top players so that would be a somewhat fair deal. We'll have to see what Murray does.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad