Confirmed Signing with Link: [OTT] Sens resign Magnus Paajarvi (1 year, $900k)

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Probably because he is a cheap f*** and is going to trade tons of players and barely go over the cap floor and Pajarvi is his new top line winger.

Honestly though, he is just a depth player/call up guy. Still i have no clue how Melnyk thinks he can keep EK around. Pay him his money and it will be taken from someone else and they will have a problem icing a great team. I dont see Melnyk spending close to 80 mill which is projected to be the new cap ceiling. EK loves Ottawa though and has lived their for a long time and his wife is from Ottawa if i remember correctly but still, dont see how he can justify staying if he wanna win. Can probably get more money somewhere else aswell....

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

He was a good 4th line winger for the Senators last season. It's a 1 year deal for 250k above league minimum. Despite being sent down to the AHL by STL, he should be a lock to play on our roster all year.

There might be a lot of open spots in the bottom half of the Senators lineup. There's a reasonable chance the Senators could be looking at trading any combination of Smith, Hoffman, or Pageau as their names have been in trade rumours this past season. Burrows and Gaborik are not locks to make the NHL, and that's assuming Burrows isn't bought out.

Realistically, the Senators are paying an extra 150k-250k above minimum replacement cost to get a player who proved over a near half season to be a decent fourth liner for them.

Reactions: Gil Scott Perron

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
I don't think there is a reasonable expectation of doing any better at this price point. How many players want to sign in a high tax/bad weather/high media and fan visibility market for near the league minimum salary? Especially one with as much negativity surrounding it as Ottawa?

They took what was available to them at a fair price.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Oilers ruined another great player!

;)

MPS has skills but has committed to being a perimeter player. It’s too bad... because he did look like he had more promise as a rook.

Last edited:
Reactions: crossbownerf

GSG1165

Sep 9, 2010
Ottawa
I don't think there is a reasonable expectation of doing any better at this price point. How many players want to sign in a high tax/bad weather/high media and fan visibility market for near the league minimum salary? Especially one with as much negativity surrounding it as Ottawa?

They took what was available to them at a fair price.

Respectfully, some people like the extreme 4 seasons of Ottawa. I couldn't stand to live in a place without winter.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
I totally forgot this guy existed honestly. Had quite a bit of hype early on but I guess he just settled in as a depth winger.

Now for my sarcastic comment. Too much term at too high an AAV.

bigsby

Jul 11, 2014
Ottawa
He always seems to be that kind of player who has more to give than has shown before. Would be happy if he could get there, but an easy low salary signing regardless. Nice energy guy for the fourth line at the very least

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad