Claimed off Waivers: [OTT] Senators re-claim D Lassi Thomson off waivers from the Ducks (sent to AHL)

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
637470500877086372.png

Least he got to try on a new jersey

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I wonder how much it cost to get back to where he started. If you add up all the management time, agents, lawyers, trainers, plane rides, etc. the world expended a lot of energy to prove that time is a flat circle
How high are you? Dude’s hopping on flights that were going to happen regardless of him being on waivers or not.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
How? Wouldn’t he have to actually clear waivers before being sent down?
Nope.

If a player clears waivers, it means that no other team claimed them, and they can be assigned to a lower league team, such as an American Hockey League (AHL) team, without any further restrictions.

And, to add detail to a related topic:

When a player clears waivers and is sent down and then is called up again, he does not have to clear waivers to be sent down again unless he has played ten games or has been "up" for 30 days.

Reactions: francis246

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
No, when you reclaim your own recently waived player, you can assign him directly to your farm.
probably not because it's a reclaim
I thought I read somewhere that if you go on waivers the first time, you would have to pass waivers again to go to ahl.

But if you go on waivers twice, whoever claims you the second time can send them straight to ahl. Could be wrong.

edit: obviously answered right before me; however, I didn't know it had to be a reclaim vs just a regular claim as the second time of being waived. so almost got it.
Re-claim does not automatically allow a team to assign the player directly to AHL without him clearing waivers.

The rule is that if a re-claiming team is the ONLY team who put in a claim, that counts as the player having cleared.

Normal waiver rules now apply for Lassi (10 games / 30 days).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad