Proposal: OTT/PHI/CAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
If you're getting tired of this, let me know - we'll let the vultures continue and we can move on with dignity
Be happy knowing the only Flyer fan agreeing with you had 5 of his last 6 threads he started, closed for being awful.

But hey, at least you your dignity....and a new friend.

Oh, and off topic...Love draftwired. Lots of fun using it.

Reactions: pmwlker

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Cool....using the website draftwired that the OP created:

Philly traded #14, 2nd(50) and 4th(112) for#5 overall
Then traded #5, #19 and a 6th(174) for #2 overall

So in total, Philly traded:
#14, #19, 2nd, 4th and 6th for #2 overall.

So by the OP's own logic, his own website, and his original deal:

Sanheim and Simmonds is worth a 4th and a 6th. So confused....lol.

But hey, since the OP's own website said this is a fair deal for #2, I would role the dice on trading #14, #19, 2nd, 4th and 6th for # 2 overall.

:banana:

Now we have the #2 pick AND kept Sanheim AND Simmonds!

Giroux Couts Konecny
Svech Patrick Voracek
Lindblom Frost Simmonds
Laughton Vorobyev NAK

Provy Ghost
Sanheim Gudas
Morin/Hagg AMac
.....with Myers on the way!

Cool. Thanks draftwired! Seriously guys, use it. It's fun!

Cool...just used it and drafted:

8749D80ADAF0393D3612E771088DAF7B.gif
Simulation Recap
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
RdPkPlayerPosTeamTrade Details
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
114Dobson, NoahRDAcadie-Bathurst
119Kotkaniemi, JesperiLW/CAssat
250Berggren, JonatanC/LWSkelleftea J20
369Hillis, CamCGuelph(69) from CHI for (86, 127)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

If only the draft would fall that way....lol!

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2013
Hell no from Carolina. No interest in giving up my dollar bill for three quarters, two dimes, and a nickel. Canes have quantity, they need quality.

Flyerfan47

Jun 30, 2011
PHI trades Pk 14 and Travis Sanheim and 2019 2nd to OTT for Pick 4

PHI trades Pick 4, pick 19 and Wayne Simmonds to CAR for Pick 2

PHI selects Andrei Svechnikov

Check out the draft pick point chart and you will see the the draft pick exchanges
are all fair and equitable. Plus Simmonds value is projected as a late 1st early 2nd
and Sanheim probably as a late 1st
http://draftwired.com:8888/apps/dwNHL

God god no. Also, Have you forgotten who the Flyers GM is ?

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
So why wouldn't Ottawa just trade with Carolina and cut Philly out of the deal entirely? We could get Svech and draft a D with 22nd overall.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
So why wouldn't Ottawa just trade with Carolina and cut Philly out of the deal entirely? We could get Svech and draft a D with 22nd overall.
Well because to move from #4 to #2....it would cost Ottawa that #22 overall AND another 1st.....according to the OP.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
So the Flyers are giving up

• 14th overall pick
  • 19th overall pick
  • Travis Sanheim
  • Wayne Simmonds (worth a 1st + in separate deal)
  • 2019 2nd

for Andrei Svechnikov?

Are you on drugs?

Pretty much this. It's absolutely insane, particularly the offer to move up from 4 to 2.

I'd think twice about doing this for an Eichel or Laine pick, let alone a middling year like this.

Reactions: Rebels57

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
The mere fact that there is just as much outrage by the CAR & OTT recipients of this proposal as their is from Flyer fans actualy proves that the proposal is a viable and reasonable one. To get you gotta give. Obviously polite discourse is not the modus operandi by the majority of commentors.

To Flyer fans, clutching and grabbing their precious draft picks. after 4 years of building the deepest prospect pool, you'd think you'd have the balls to make a bid to move above mediocrity, but apparently you'd rather have the deepest prospect pool as opposed to actually positioning yourself to contend in a year or 2.

We've got the balls to make a move, but not an insane one. We're not giving up 4 first round picks and a second to get the #2. It simply isn't worth it.

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
The mere fact that there is just as much outrage by the CAR & OTT recipients of this proposal as their is from Flyer fans actualy proves that the proposal is a viable and reasonable one. To get you gotta give. Obviously polite discourse is not the modus operandi by the majority of commentors.

To Flyer fans, clutching and grabbing their precious draft picks. after 4 years of building the deepest prospect pool, you'd think you'd have the balls to make a bid to move above mediocrity, but apparently you'd rather have the deepest prospect pool as opposed to actually positioning yourself to contend in a year or 2.

No, it doesnt. I know the old "everyone hates it, so it must be good" cliche has an endless shelf life on this board, but this is a bad proposal drawn up on premises that you even admitted were bad (carolina needing to restock the cupboard being one of them). It's bad. Accept. Move on.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

There's big moves and then there's big, stupid moves.

This would be a big, stupid move.

He Is Knocking

Jul 1, 2015
So the Flyers are giving up

• 14th overall pick
  • 19th overall pick
  • Travis Sanheim
  • Wayne Simmonds (worth a 1st + in separate deal)
  • 2019 2nd

for Andrei Svechnikov?

Are you on drugs?
This right here, the proposal not only wastes Flyers assets but makes us worse currently and the foreseeable future.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
How about we cut out the parts everyone hates (#2, Philly) and go with:

Hanifin to OTT for #4

Canes select Tkachuk at #4 and deal one of Skinner/Rask/Lindholm for a veteran top-4 LHD to play with Faulk.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
How about we cut out the parts everyone hates (#2, Philly) and go with:

Hanifin to OTT for #4

Canes select Tkachuk at #4 and deal one of Skinner/Rask/Lindholm for a veteran top-4 LHD to play with Faulk.

Because I want to keep Hanifin and want no part of Tkachuk.

We got the best F at #2. Let's not **** it up by changing too many things that aren't broken.

Just get a goalie and call it an offseason.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
The mere fact that there is just as much outrage by the CAR & OTT recipients of this proposal as their is from Flyer fans actualy proves that the proposal is a viable and reasonable one.
Madrigal, it's classic 'Group Think'.
so on one hand, you rely on "group think" for proof...of I don't even know what and on the other hand, you want to completely dismiss some shared beliefs as silly "group think?"

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
so on one hand, you rely on "group think" for proof...of I don't even know what and on the other hand, you want to completely dismiss some shared beliefs as silly "group think?"

Well, that's embarassing.

Reactions: mmvvpp

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

Dont bother. They've packed up their dignity and moved on.

...hopefully to a new fan base.

Reactions: mmvvpp
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad