Proposal: OTT/PHI/CAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
like no offence to you guys or anything but for the second ov it would take vorachek+, this isn't close to what the canes need. but ya know its not going to happen so just leave it there, also i think the canes fans think im a troll but im just stupid.
Everybody wants something (like the 2nd pick/Svechnikov) but aren't willing to pay the necessary price. It's why so many threads on this board end up the way they do.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
how many of you make comments just so you can get Likes? a bit childish - i care less who likes my proposal or not. it'
no one can say its not at least reasonable for al 3 parties. Carolina could still end up with somthing like Zadina, Kaut and Simmonds. Ott could end up with Sanheim and someone like farabee
Well said.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
like no offence to you guys or anything but for the second ov it would take vorachek+, this isn't close to what the canes need. but ya know its not going to happen so just leave it there, also i think the canes fans think im a troll but im just stupid.

As I said in an earlier post, I wouldn't expect Carolina to move the pick. It's exactly what you need - well, exactly would be a center instead of a winger (though Aho looked good there to end the season).

I've said and maintained this in every thread -the Flyers dont have the expendable quality pieces to move into the top 3.

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
What has Lindblom proven though? He has proven he can currently produce at a fourth line level in the NHL, and that he can play at a very high level at the AHL. He has some potential but he also has a long way to go, you don't pass up an opportunity to get an elite level prospect like Svechnikov because you have a guy like Lindblom in your organization.

I already explained why I pass and it’s not Lindblom. Sanheim is needed help to fix the defense and I trust our scouts at 14 and 19 to make solid picks. I’m not adding Svechnikov at the expense of a piece we need to fix our defense. Defense and goaltending should be the biggest priorities.

Reactions: Rebels57

FaulkYouAho

ferla memes
Sep 14, 2015
North Carolina
As I said in an earlier post, I wouldn't expect Carolina to move the pick. It's exactly what you need - well, exactly would be a center instead of a winger (though Aho looked good there to end the season).

I've said and maintained this in every thread -the Flyers dont have the expendable quality pieces to move into the top 3.
well what we need is scoring. 2nd is a starting goalie. third need is a #1 center

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
Shouldn’t Carolina be dealing with a team for a centre anyway? If that’s the case then the Flyers don’t make sense as I don’t see Patrick or Frost being moved. Which teams have a young centre to offer ? That would seem more logical to me

Reactions: DaveG

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation

They absolutely have the pieces, it's simply a question of whether or not Hextall feels sacrificing those pieces to get a player like Svechnikov is worth it. They would obviously have to add but simply by having 14 and 19 (which are completely expendable pieces in regards to potentially moving up) they are in a position to add from there and move up, again, if they choose and are able to find a trade partner. Do I expect it to happen, no, it is a worthwhile topic of conversation during a long off season, sure.

Reactions: Dornhoeffer

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
Well this isn’t productive is it. Now we get insulted for commenting on a post. No one gives two shits about likes. It’s a chat board for Christ’s sake. Not everyone takes it so seriously. Whatever. Good day All.

Reactions: Rebels57

FaulkYouAho

ferla memes
Sep 14, 2015
North Carolina
Right. Take Svechs skillset and make him a center. That would be the ideal scenario, I'd think. Goaltending isnt going to be solved with the #2 pick.
yea it isn't but something that can? scoring. I wouldn't move him to center even if he has the skill set, as we have Necas and aho and staal. i think were good for the future, scoring and goalie are the main issues

Reactions: LakeLivin

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
They absolutely have the pieces, it's simply a question of whether or not Hextall feels sacrificing those pieces to get a player like Svechnikov is worth it. They would obviously have to add but simply by having 14 and 19 (which are completely expendable pieces in regards to potentially moving up) they are in a position to add from there and move up, again, if they choose and are able to find a trade partner. Do I expect it to happen, no, it is a worthwhile topic of conversation during a long off season, sure.

Carolina needs elite scoring. So do we . So #2 is out.

Montreal needs a center, or a top pair LD. Patrick isnt expendable, and Frost +14+19 wouldn't be enough( nor is that really advisable from a flyers POV, but I digress). They'll just draft Zadina and trade Pacioretty for another first +. We dont have an expendable LD because our own defense is awful and needs to be fixed before we start trading away the pieces that do that.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
yea it isn't but something that can? scoring. I wouldn't move him to center even if he has the skill set, as we have Necas and aho and staal. i think were good for the future, scoring and goalie are the main issues

I was implying that the ideal situation would be that Svechnikov was a center, not that you try and convert him. Like.. he had his same skillset but was a center instead of a winger. That way it would solve both the 1C and scoring needs for you.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
14th, 19th, Sanheim and Simmonds plus 2nd for Svehcnnikov? f*** no.

Flyers will draft with their two 1st and 2nd and add huge amount of depth to already very strong core of prospects. Flyers pass.

Good luck with Svechnikov (who I personally like very much) Canes will be fun to watch with Aho(I also like him) and Svechnikov upfront. No doubt

Last edited:
Reactions: Tripod

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Philly has a loaded system and Carolina and OTT as far as I can see need to replenish their systems. That changes the equation.

The senators have plenty of solid prospects, but no real blue chippers outsife of chabot who is already in the NHL.

They need the top 4 pick to land a legit top 6 or top 4 stud more then they do an Assortment of lesser picks and shit.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Carolina needs elite scoring. So do we . So #2 is out.

Montreal needs a center, or a top pair LD. Patrick isnt expendable, and Frost +14+19 wouldn't be enough( nor is that really advisable from a flyers POV, but I digress). They'll just draft Zadina and trade Pacioretty for another first +. We dont have an expendable LD because our own defense is awful and needs to be fixed before we start trading away the pieces that do that.
That is all your opinion. Neither you or I have any idea what Carolina's thoughts are on potentially trading the number 2 overall pick, and what/who Hextall would feel comfortable moving to acquire that pick/Svechnikov. Obviously the chances of it happening are slim but if the Flyers chose to make a big move like that they have the assets to do so. Either way it's a long off season and these boards exist largely for the sake of discussing possibilities which is all the OP was doing and yet he gets trashed for it. This is common place on this forum which is a shame. Disagreeing with someone's idea and/or value of certain assets and players even strongly is fine, the holier than thou attitude with which people are so often greeted with when creating proposals is ridiculous however.

Reactions: Dornhoeffer

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
14th, 19th, Sanheim and Simmonds plus 2nd for Svehcnnikov? **** no.

Flyers will draft with their two 1st and 2nd and add huge amount of depth to already very strong core of prospects. Flyers pass.

Good luck with Svechnikov (who I personally like very much) Canes will be fun to watch with Aho and Svechnikov upfront. No doubt
The Flyers already have plenty of depth in their prospect pool, especially at forward. What they really need to start adding are difference making elite prospects. They got lucky moving up from 14 to 2 and getting Patrick last year but luck like that isn't going to continue.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
The Flyers already have plenty of depth in their prospect pool, especially at forward. What they really need to start adding are difference making elite prospects. They got lucky moving up from 14 to 2 and getting Patrick last year but luck like that isn't going to continue.
yes and that star could be in this year deep draft and we have two picks in 1st round. Plus we have Frost who may very well become one hell of a player.. If we need extra 20-30 goals add it thought UFA. Patrick, Konecny, Provorov, Gost are all stars in the making. Keep building through the draft.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
That is all your opinion. Neither you or I have any idea what Carolina's thoughts are on potentially trading the number 2 overall pick, and what/who Hextall would feel comfortable moving to acquire that pick/Svechnikov. Obviously the chances of it happening are slim but if the Flyers chose to make a big move like that they have the assets to do so. Either way it's a long off season and these boards exist largely for the sake of discussing possibilities which is all the OP was doing and yet he gets trashed for it. This is common place on this forum which is a shame. Disagreeing with someone's idea and/or value of certain assets and players even strongly is fine, the holier than thou attitude with which people are so often greeted with when creating proposals is ridiculous however.

The proposal got trashed because the fanbase as a whole feels we arent yet in a place to make this move. It's fine if you feel they are. But making a bad proposal on value has nothing to do with that. Let's assume Simmonds brings back a mid-late first and sanheim is conservatively worth a mid first (pretending he hasn't risen his value).

That's 4 firsts for the #2. That's just bad no matter how you dice it, especially when you consider the teams defense is garbage afterwards, the goalies suck, and we just traded every possible asset to acquire anything that would fix those two gaping holes. But hey, we got a potentially really good winger, so....win?

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
yes and that star could be in this year deep draft. Plus we have Frost who may very well become one hell of a player.. If we need extra 20-30 goals add it thought UFA. Patrick, Konecny, Provorov, Gost are all stars in the making.
You might be right. It's a really good draft and picking at both 14 and 19 gives them two opportunities to hit. It sure would be nice to add another elite level prospect to the mix like a Svechnikov though. Hell I would be pretty happy if they were able to move up a little bit and get a Tkachuk or Wahlstrom.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Philly has a loaded system and Carolina and OTT as far as I can see need to replenish their systems. That changes the equation.

Not true. Canes have a well stocked system right now as Francis was focused on that for the last 4 years. Our oldest defensemen is 26 and we still have McKeown and Bean in the system. Our forward group has guys like Necas, Zykov, Wallmark and Foegele who are probably NHL ready, but need a spot in addition to guys like Nic Roy, Julien Gauthier, Kuokkanen, Saarela, etc.. What the Canes lack is elite talent and the best chance to get that is with the #2OA pick. Your "point system" may say fair value, but the point system doesn't account for the fact that 1 potentially elite player > 3 good-very good players right now for the Canes (and Simmonds is a UFA in a year).

Now, if the Canes brass felt that Svechnikov, Zadina and Tkachuk (or someone else) were all close in value, then sure, this would be an easy yes, but I'm not sure they feel that way.

Reactions: SebastianAhoe

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
The proposal got trashed because the fanbase as a whole feels we arent yet in a place to make this move.
That is only partially correct. The majority of the fan base on this particular website feels that way. Not everyone does here, and if you happen to venture out of your comfort zone of HFboards you will find that a fair amount of Flyers fan are in favor of a big move like this to try to move forward with the rebuild a bit more quickly.

It's fine if you feel they are. But making a bad proposal on value has nothing to do with that.
That is a matter of opinion. You seem to struggle with understanding that your opinion and the opinion of the majority doesn't make something a fact.

That's 4 firsts for the #2. That's just bad no matter how you dice it, especially when you consider the teams defense is garbage afterwards, the goalies suck, and we just traded every possible asset to acquire anything that would fix those two gaping holes. But hey, we got a potentially really good winger, so....win?
Yet again, opinion. Also, calling Svechnikov a "potentially really good winger" is underselling his upside hard and you know that. He has the potential to be an elite player along the lines of a Kucherov.

Reactions: Cane mutiny

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
You might be right. It's a really good draft and picking at both 14 and 19 gives them two opportunities to hit. It sure would be nice to add another elite level prospect to the mix like a Svechnikov though. Hell I would be pretty happy if they were able to move up a little bit and get a Tkachuk or Wahlstrom.
We are very good in 1st round.. We will draft two excellent players. No doubt, as long as we do not try to think outside of the box like we did with Laughton.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
So let me get this straight. I am trying to bring this conversation forward with facts, ideas, and direct references to the OP's trade offer, and you are simply clogging up bandwidth here calling someone a troll. Sad that you don't see the irony in all of that.

Irony of having half the total posts in a thread in which you are combative with every other fan, throwing opinion around like fact.

I believe it was you that said Giroux was done and we should of traded him for Galchenyuk when we had the chance

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
That is only partially correct. The majority of the fan base on this particular website feels that way. Not everyone does here, and if you happen to venture out of your comfort zone of HFboards you will find that a fair amount of Flyers fan are in favor of a big move like this to try to move forward with the rebuild a bit more quickly.

That is a matter of opinion. You seem to struggle with understanding that your opinion and the opinion of the majority doesn't make something a fact.

Yet again, opinion. Also, calling Svechnikov a "potentially really good winger" is underselling his upside hard and you know that. He has the potential to be an elite player along the lines of a Kucherov.

Move the rebuild forward while ignoring the glaring holes on D and G. Seems like it'll be a great expediting of the process.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
No thanks from Ottawa,we have some good prospects in the pipe...You want the 4thOA we need a good young established nhlers.....That can score

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->