Proposal: OTT/PHI/CAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Here we go again with the "Let's just hand over a second line LW spot to Lindblom." SMH. That idea worked out so well going into last year and he sure produced like a top six forward with two goals and six points in 27 games. The Flyers absolutely need to add a LW this off season one way or another.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Here we go again with the "Let's just hand over a second line LW spot to Lindblom." SMH. That idea worked out so well going into last year and he sure produced like a top six forward with two goals and six points in 27 games. The Flyers absolutely need to add a LW this off season one way or another.

Bro, keep it in-house. Main boards don't need to see you and others squabbling over an extremely stupid argument.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Bro, keep it in-house. Main boards don't need to see you and others squabbling over an extremely stupid argument.
A. I'm not your bro.

B. You're not my dad or my boss so don't tell me what to do.

C. It's not an extremely stupid argument. You don't hand over a second line role to a player who hasn't earned it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dornhoeffer

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
PHI trades Pk 14 and Travis Sanheim and 2019 2nd to OTT for Pick 4

PHI trades Pick 4, pick 19 and Wayne Simmonds to CAR for Pick 2

PHI selects Andrei Svechnikov

Check out the draft pick point chart and you will see the the draft pick exchanges
are all fair and equitable. Plus Simmonds value is projected as a late 1st early 2nd
and Sanheim probably as a late 1st
http://draftwired.com:8888/apps/dwNHL
I LOVE the idea of the Flyers making a big bold move like this. I also completely agree that they need to add a big time LW whether it be a stud like Svechnikov in the draft, or a veteran via trade or free agency. With that being said I'm not sure this scenario works simply because I'm not sure why Carolina would be interested in giving up Svechnikov for 4, Simmonds, and 19. From the Flyers perspective that is a huge haul but well worth it for a player like Svechnikov.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
A. I'm not your bro.

B. You're not my dad or my boss so don't tell me what to do.

C. It's not an extremely stupid argument. You don't have over a second line role to a player who hasn't earned it.

Are you 5?

Also, we shouldn't hand over a top 6 spot to Lindblom (who looked incredible in that role, just had no luck, if you watched games youd know this), but we should totally give it over to Svechnikov, who has even less experience. Another solid plan.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
this is why i read this website, for **** like this, makes my day. How high was this guy when he posted this
Everybody wants but is never willing to pay the necessary price. You do realize the move up from 14 to 2 to land a truly elite level prospect like Svechnikov would be extremely high and rightfully so. Not saying the OP's proposal was perfect but good on him for trying to come up with a big time move to help the Flyers move out of the land of mediocrity and finally move onto plan B of Hextall's drawn out rebuild.

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
Everybody wants but is never willing to pay the necessary price. You do realize the move up from 14 to 2 to land a truly elite level prospect like Svechnikov would be extremely high and rightfully so. Not saying the OP's proposal was perfect but good on him for trying to come up with a big time move to help the Flyers move out of the land of mediocrity and finally move onto plan B of Hextall's drawn out rebuild.

I’m of the opinion that goaltending and the defense need fixed before we enter plan B as you put it. So we add a top scorer but still have the glaring issues in the back end and in net. Have we really progressed in that case or just addressed one issue at the expense of another ?

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
I’m of the opinion that goaltending and the defense need fixed before we enter plan B as you put it. So we add a top scorer but still have the glaring issues in the back end and in net. Have we really progressed in that case or just addressed one issue at the expense of another ?
That is a very fair point. The problem with that however is that the goaltending likely won't be improved for another year or two until Carter Hart is ready. It shouldn't take a GM five or six years to have a team in a position to take serious steps forward in a rebuild.

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
He also has about 100 times more upside than Lindblom but you conveniently left that factor out of the equation.

I didn’t leave anything out. We all know his upside is huge. Currently Lindblom is more proven though. Upside and potential are just that.....nothing’s guaranteed

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
That is a very fair point. The problem with that however is that the goaltending likely won't be improved for another year or two until Carter Hart is ready. It shouldn't take a GM five or six years to have a team in a position to take serious steps forward in a rebuild.

I don’t have an issue with the timeline as the teams being built thru drafting. If our methodology was building via free agency I’d expect faster results for sure.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Madrigal is a flyers troll. Hes not even good at it.
So let me get this straight. I am trying to bring this conversation forward with facts, ideas, and direct references to the OP's trade offer, and you are simply clogging up bandwidth here calling someone a troll. Sad that you don't see the irony in all of that.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
I didn’t leave anything out. We all know his upside is huge. Currently Lindblom is more proven though. Upside and potential are just that.....nothing’s guaranteed
What has Lindblom proven though? He has proven he can currently produce at a fourth line level in the NHL, and that he can play at a very high level at the AHL. He has some potential but he also has a long way to go, you don't pass up an opportunity to get an elite level prospect like Svechnikov because you have a guy like Lindblom in your organization.

MasksAreForSlaves

May 12, 2017
Connecticut, USA
how many of you make comments just so you can get Likes? a bit childish - i care less who likes my proposal or not. it'
no one can say its not at least reasonable for al 3 parties. Carolina could still end up with somthing like Zadina, Kaut and Simmonds. Ott could end up with Sanheim and someone like farabee

Reactions: The Madrigal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->