Status
Not open for further replies.

MasksAreForSlaves

May 12, 2017
Connecticut, USA
PHI trades Pk 14 and Travis Sanheim and 2019 2nd to OTT for Pick 4

PHI trades Pick 4, pick 19 and Wayne Simmonds to CAR for Pick 2

PHI selects Andrei Svechnikov

Check out the draft pick point chart and you will see the the draft pick exchanges
are all fair and equitable. Plus Simmonds value is projected as a late 1st early 2nd
and Sanheim probably as a late 1st
http://draftwired.com:8888/apps/dwNHL

Last edited:

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Good value offer for #2 but Carolina isn’t interested in quantity. They would need a young franchise player who is playing next year. I don’t see a fit I like with Philly, personally I like Svechnikov’s scoring upside over Patrick. I’m sure many Canes fans would probably prefer Patrick’s positional upside.

Reactions: Unsustainable

MasksAreForSlaves

May 12, 2017
Connecticut, USA
PHI, as per point chart PHI is giving up (1100 + Sanheim /approx 700 + 2019 2nd approx 400) = 2200
OTT
Pk 4 = 1800 Advantage OTT +400 pts

PHI
is giving up 1800 + 875 + approx 700) = 3375
CAR Pk 2 = 2600 Advantage CAR +735 pts

Good value offer for #2 but Carolina isn’t interested in quantity. They would need a young franchise player who is playing next year. I don’t see a fit I like with Philly, personally I like Svechnikov’s scoring upside over Patrick. I’m sure many Canes fans would probably prefer Patrick’s positional upside.

Patrick is not being moved. Period

Last edited by a moderator:

MasksAreForSlaves

May 12, 2017
Connecticut, USA
Philly has a loaded system and Carolina and OTT as far as I can see need to replenish their systems. That changes the equation.

No I'm of sound mind. Simmonds is expendable, we have tons of young defenseman. It's called being bold

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
No I'm of sound mind. Simmonds is expendable, we have tons of young defenseman. It's called being bold

Sorry, but Svech isn't worth all of that. There's bold and then there's foolish.

Sanheim is going to be a big piece of a Flyers defense that is far from completely made over yet.

The most the Flyers should do is move Simmonds for a 1st + then maybe move one of their three 1sts for a guy like Hoffman or Skinner.

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
Philly should just keep 14 and 19 and maybe try and move up into the end of the first using their second plus.
Sanheim is needed to help fix the defense so I’m hesitant to deal him. Simmonds could be had in my opinion as I don’t think we resign him.

My issue with this is we need all our young defensemen until we fix the defense. After that trading an excess guy can be discussed. It’s way to early for that conversation though.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Philly should just keep 14 and 19 and maybe try and move up into the end of the first using their second plus.
Sanheim is needed to help fix the defense so I’m hesitant to deal him. Simmonds could be had in my opinion as I don’t think we resign him.

We've had a shitty defense for like 6 years now, invested 4 years of development into Sanheim, a 6'4 two-way defensemen that moves like a gazelle and is NHL ready, and now we are trading him rather than implementing him into a defense that sorely needs him. No thanks. Only way i'd move Sanheim is in a deal for an established defensemen (like a big deal for Doughty, Karlsson, etc).

Once the Flyers finally have a really good defense, then they can worry about dealing off an expendable D prospect. None are expendable until the Flyers D doesn't suck.

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
Philly has absolutely NOOOOOO reason to do this.

They will "suffer" with Giroux and Lindblom as their top 2 LW instead.

I feel like we may add a left wing to the mix with 14 or 19 as well. We will be fine on LW

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Philly has a loaded system and Carolina and OTT as far as I can see need to replenish their systems. That changes the equation.

See: Recent Main Board thread “Does Carolina have the #1 prospect system with Svechnikov?”. Svechnikov, Necas, Bean, Kuokkanen, Zykov, Saarela, Wallmark, Gauthier, Nic Roy, McKeown, Luke Martin, Morgan Geekie, Stelio Mattheos, Alex Nedeljkovic, Callum Booth, etc.

Canes are top-5 at worst. They lack elite talent (Svechnikov). You are working from a bad understanding.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I feel like we may add a left wing to the mix with 14 or 19 as well. We will be fine on LW
Yeah I have no issue if we use #19 for help now.

But with the #2 point getter on LW, and a top SHL scorer who needs playing time, we are not desperate to add a LW.

Reactions: pmwlker

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Giving up all of that for not even the #1?!?!

Politely I must say: This is way too much to give up for a prospect that isn't considered generational.

FaulkYouAho

ferla memes
Sep 14, 2015
North Carolina
Giving up all of that for not even the #1?!?!

Politely I must say: This is way too much to give up for a prospect that isn't considered generational.
this kid isn't talked enough about, its all "Dahlin Dahlin Dahlin" when i have him on par with matthews, there is no doubt that dahlin is still #1 but this race for #1 isn't as far apart as people think.

Edit: but still bad deal for all

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
this kid isn't talked enough about, its all "Dahlin Dahlin Dahlin" when i have him on par with matthews, there is no doubt that dahlin is still #1 but this race for #1 isn't as far apart as people think.

Edit: but still bad deal for all

Yeah I mean I dont blame Carolina fans for expecting this much in a deal, but we just arent in a position to move that much for a player yet. Our most glaring need for the future is definitely a high end young forward, but we need to sort out the Defense first and Sanheim will be a big part of that (especially with Morin looking increasingly like hes not going to make it full time), once we get a coach who iant afraid to play him.

Flyers generally have success outside of the top 10, I fully trust this teams scouts to find a player in those spots. I may be willing to try and get into the top 8 for that 'next tier down' kind of player, but reaching for #2 isnt feasible right now for what it would cost.

Reactions: pmwlker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->