RW - Josh Ho Sang
C - Reese Newkirk
2020 3rd round pick

full

Acquired:
C - Jean -Gabriel Pageau

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I say Isles send back better futures and a bigger salary. But would definitely want Pageau for the third line.

A 2nd round pick would be fair in the mind of a lot of Sens fans around here. I think Pageau likely gets moved closer to the deadline, so if he’s having a good year, I think he could return a 2nd. Perhaps a 2nd and another asset like a prospect or another pick, but that will depend on the market and how Pageau is playing. My hope is that there are a few teams interested in him and it drives up the price.

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
full

Acquired:
RW - Josh Ho Sang
C - Reese Newkirk
2020 3rd round pick

full

Acquired:
C - Jean -Gabriel Pageau
No real motivation for Ottawa to do this, and they’ve just shown with the Namestnikov trade that they don’t want to ice a lineup full of kids.

Pageau at the deadline returns a 2nd easily. More if he shows he can get back to his normal self. Why trade him now for less?

If Ottawa wants Ho-Sang as a reclamation project, just propose a trade for one of their own guys in a similar situation or some other unknown quantity. Something like the rights to Wikstrand and a conditional late round pick each way for the guy playing 10 games in the 2021-22 season. Basically neither team gives up anything if they don’t like what they see or can’t sign the guy.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
I fail to see the motivation for NYI to do this at this juncture.

They already have 14 waiver eligible forwards up with the team. Can't add anymore without sending someone down.

And basically, Brassard (who granted, has not been impressive) kind of already takes the spot that Pageau would be plugged in on.

PS) Of the 14 NYI forwards, 9 of them are bottom six. The NYI need top six forwards, and only top six forwards. Might have been the type of thing the team could think of in the summer before certain other decisions.

Reactions: dood

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad