Proposal: OTT-NSH, OTT-WPG, OTT-DAL

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
This will be answered in the summer. With the Terriers poor season if FAbbro decides to leave it is in the Preds favor, if he decides to stay his last year then you can bet he has other plans. Thus the big question will Poile take the chance and wait like he did with Vesey or trade his rights now and make his run? If Fabbro decides to stay at Boston then his trade value decreases.
No, it will be answered in just a few weeks, really. Fabbro is expected to join the Preds immediately when his college season ends. Or more like, it will be answered in the next couple of days, because Poile probably already knows his intentions - there is no "take the chance" scenario.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
No, it will be answered in just a few weeks, really. Fabbro is expected to join the Preds immediately when his college season ends. Or more like, it will be answered in the next couple of days, because Poile probably already knows his intentions - there is no "take the chance" scenario.
The same things were said about Vesey if you recall. Then he decides to remain for his last year. Bostons season ends on March 9 I would be patient until then unless you want to make a run this year with the trade deadline fast approaching we will see what Poile knows for sure. The rest is pure speculation. But for me I never trust what college kids say and after Vesey how does Poile feel?

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
1.To NSH
Matt Duchene (with extension agreed upon)

To OTT
Eeli Tolvanen (negotiable for Kevin Fiala + pick)
Dante Fabbro

2. To WPG
Mark Stone (with extension agreed upon)

To OTT
Kristian Vesalainen
Sami Niku (negotiable for Logan Stanley + pick)

3. To DAL
Ryan Dzingel

To OTT
Jake Oettinger
Conditional 3rd round pick if Dzingel is extended

----------------------

Sens roster could soon look like:

Tkachuk-Brown-Batherson
Vesalainen-White-Tolvanen
Norris-Tierney-Ryan
Chlapik-Pageau-Balcers

Chabot-Wolanin
Lajoie-Fabbro
Jaros-Niku

(Veteran UFA goalie to split duties with the younglings)
Gustvasson/Oettinger

That's of course all while trading Ceci, Smith and Boedker for low picks. This also does not include the 2020 1st round draft pick which will again be in the top-5.

Nashville laughs and hangs up. We may give up Tolvanen. We may give up Fiala. We may give up Fabbro (least likely). But there is no way in hell we are giving up 2 of the 3 for just Duchene.

Reactions: FilthyScoresberg

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Nashville laughs and hangs up. We may give up Tolvanen. We may give up Fiala. We may give up Fabbro (least likely). But there is no way in hell we are giving up 2 of the 3 for just Duchene.
Theres no way we trade Shea Weber!!!!!!!!!

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Theres no way we trade Shea Weber!!!!!!!!!

Not really in the same ballpark, but ok.

In this scenario, we are not going to give up 2 of our 3 best prospects from a dangerously thin prospect pool for a guy we would have a great chance at signing in 5 months.

The only way we trade more than one of them is if more than Duchene is coming back.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
I could be wrong but I thought I read something about him and the Canucks a few months ago?
I didn't mean to imply he was gone. I was legit asking.
I could be wrong but I heard Elias Pettersson’s dad was a big country fan. Last I heard Elias intends to sign long term in Nashville. Supposedly Vancouver didn’t fulfill his request for a personal Carrie Underwood concert. Bob McKenzie confirmed this on his podcast.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Jets D are trash. They cant afford to trade Niku. They are losing Trouba and probably Myers in the summer.
I agree that the Jets will likely try to hang onto Niku. But I think they are quite high on a couple of college-based D prospects - Samberg and Kovacevic.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
1.To NSH
Matt Duchene (with extension agreed upon)

To OTT
Eeli Tolvanen (negotiable for Kevin Fiala + pick)
Dante Fabbro

2. To WPG
Mark Stone (with extension agreed upon)

To OTT
Kristian Vesalainen
Sami Niku (negotiable for Logan Stanley + pick)

3. To DAL
Ryan Dzingel

To OTT
Jake Oettinger
Conditional 3rd round pick if Dzingel is extended

----------------------

Sens roster could soon look like:

Tkachuk-Brown-Batherson
Vesalainen-White-Tolvanen
Norris-Tierney-Ryan
Chlapik-Pageau-Balcers

Chabot-Wolanin
Lajoie-Fabbro
Jaros-Niku

(Veteran UFA goalie to split duties with the younglings)
Gustvasson/Oettinger

That's of course all while trading Ceci, Smith and Boedker for low picks. This also does not include the 2020 1st round draft pick which will again be in the top-5.
I highly doubt that either Stone or Duchene will have an extension in place before being traded. It's very much more likely that there is a trade kicker in case the new team re-signs them. The idea of a "sign and trade" at the TDL is a bit of a fantasy.

General Disarray

Jul 21, 2016
Toronto
Those all seem close to win-win trades. Perhaps The sens should be able to extract another draft pick from Nashville and Winnipeg.

The 1st shouldn't be that important. A low first from those teams would looks like a Niku or a Fabbro anyway.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I agree that the Jets will likely try to hang onto Niku. But I think they are quite high on a couple of college-based D prospects - Samberg and Kovacevic.
The D could be almost completely overhauled in 2 seasons...Trouba traded? Myers is UFA. Chairot is UFA. Kulikov with 1 more year to UFA.

They need to keep their options open for prospects stepping up...

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
It'd obviously depend on the extension component of these offers, which I really don't see happening. I think Duchene and Stone are almost certain to test the market and see how much money and term can get thrown at them

Pavlikovsky

May 31, 2013
Gatineau, QC
Bwahahahaha once again HFBoards rates first round picks as gold. Look at the last few drafts and see the players chosen in the 25-30 range.

Yes, and if there is one thing that GMPD is good at it's drafting so the sens themselves probably put higher value on a 1st round pick than a recently drafted 1st round pick obviously with exceptions.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I feel the offers are solid with the exception of the Stone trade. Stone extended is a more valuable asset than Duchene and I think the Duchene return is stronger. Fair value for Stone extended would be a 1st + Niku + Vesalainen in my opinion.

Both Tolvanen and Fabbro for Duchene is too much too. These players are not signed. The new teams have worked out the framework of a deal but that doesn't boost the trade value that much. Those same players are available for those same deals for free July 1.

Reactions: Snowman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->