Proposal: OTT-NSH, OTT-WPG, OTT-DAL

Ygg

Feb 2, 2017
1.To NSH
Matt Duchene (with extension agreed upon)

To OTT
Eeli Tolvanen (negotiable for Kevin Fiala + pick)
Dante Fabbro

2. To WPG
Mark Stone (with extension agreed upon)

To OTT
Kristian Vesalainen
Sami Niku (negotiable for Logan Stanley + pick)

3. To DAL
Ryan Dzingel

To OTT
Jake Oettinger
Conditional 3rd round pick if Dzingel is extended

----------------------

Sens roster could soon look like:

Tkachuk-Brown-Batherson
Vesalainen-White-Tolvanen
Norris-Tierney-Ryan
Chlapik-Pageau-Balcers

Chabot-Wolanin
Lajoie-Fabbro
Jaros-Niku

(Veteran UFA goalie to split duties with the younglings)
Gustvasson/Oettinger

That's of course all while trading Ceci, Smith and Boedker for low picks. This also does not include the 2020 1st round draft pick which will again be in the top-5.

Reactions: turbojets

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
I don't think any of these are too unrealistic. It'd be a lot easier to get excited about the sens future after adding all those prospects that's for sure.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

Ygg

Feb 2, 2017
I figured for the Sens to hit the cap floor for the next few years they can also trade for dead weight and picks, LTIR some and buyout some

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I feel like the "with extensions" part is the most unreasonable aspect of this. Without that, those deals are awful, but with them they make sense.

I personally don't see Duchene signing until around the start of UFA. Stone is a wildcard.

As for the Dallas deal, I'd rather trade the 1st than Oettinger personally. He looks pretty good and trading a goalie prospect doesn't seem like a great idea to me.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
I feel the offers are solid with the exception of the Stone trade. Stone extended is a more valuable asset than Duchene and I think the Duchene return is stronger. Fair value for Stone extended would be a 1st + Niku + Vesalainen in my opinion.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Jets D are trash. They cant afford to trade Niku. They are losing Trouba and probably Myers in the summer.

Reactions: north49er

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
Only one of Fiala, Tolvanen or Fabbro should be included.

I don't know if Tolvanen + Hartman + pick gets it done, but if it doesn't, then I don't think I wanna do it at all.

Hartman is a roster piece I just feel is the odd man out. He has potential for some growth, but is stuck behind better players, so a possible bigger role with Sens might do the trick.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
?

The last thing that's been reported is that he's looking forward to signing this year.

I could be wrong but I thought I read something about him and the Canucks a few months ago?
I didn't mean to imply he was gone. I was legit asking.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I could be wrong but I thought I read something about him and the Canucks a few months ago?
I didn't mean to imply he was gone. I was legit asking.
You're way behind. The last thing stated a couple of weeks ago by McKenzie was that he was planning on signing with Nashville at the end of this college season.

It's the reason I think you are no longer hearing his name as possibly being traded.

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
When was the last time a pending UFA agreed to an extension as part of a deadline deal trade? It doesn’t happen. Ever. If anything a conditional pick being added is more realistic.

That said I’m ok trading vesalainen + Stanley + non 1st Pick(s) for stone if he’s showing interest in resigning for market value.

Johno

Assembling a Nordic powerhouse
Oct 30, 2013
I feel like the "with extensions" part is the most unreasonable aspect of this. Without that, those deals are awful, but with them they make sense.

I personally don't see Duchene signing until around the start of UFA. Stone is a wildcard.

As for the Dallas deal, I'd rather trade the 1st than Oettinger personally. He looks pretty good and trading a goalie prospect doesn't seem like a great idea to me.

Neither should be moved for Dzingel

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Isn't Fabbro walking anyways?
This will be answered in the summer. With the Terriers poor season if FAbbro decides to leave it is in the Preds favor, if he decides to stay his last year then you can bet he has other plans. Thus the big question will Poile take the chance and wait like he did with Vesey or trade his rights now and make his run? If Fabbro decides to stay at Boston then his trade value decreases.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->