Speculation: Ott moving up in the draft

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
IMO Hughes, Kakko, Podkolzin, Cozens, Turcotte, Byram, Zegras, and Dach are the only players worth trading up for.

One of those guys will be there at 8 - IMO it will be Dach or Zegras - maybe Podkolzin for the Russian factor.

Ottawa and Edmonton should be talking for sure. I’d be very surprised if we didn’t want Pageau.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I feel that Gagner will play with the Oilers next year while C Ryan McLeod gets a year in at the AHL level, the when Sam is a UFA, it’s going to be bye bye time for Sam and hello time for McLeod, so I don’t believe Sam is going anywhere next season!

I agree but he almost made the team last year . I still rather him to be in the AHL for a year . If we believe management they are going to let the prospect percolate in the minors for a while . Hope they finally start doing it the right way .

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Not a chance. Lucic sucks but Edmonton isn’t throwing a top ten pick in the trash to move him.

This , Lucic + 8OA >>>> nothing .

I see it this way . We are likely to get a player that projects to be a 1C .

A 1C on ELC + Lucic at 6 million is better then trying to find a good player on the UFA market . UFA are always over paid . So I sooner stay away from them . Keep all our young cheap players and let them sit in the minors until the are killing it

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
White for 6OA.

Assuming (1) White actually played C this year and (2) Turcotte is taken top 5.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
White for 6OA.

Assuming (1) White actually played C this year and (2) Turcotte is taken top 5.
Its all he has ever played,and as enticing as that sounds we need him far far too much...Our center depth is very much a work in progress

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
One of those guys will be there at 8 - IMO it will be Dach or Zegras - maybe Podkolzin for the Russian factor.

Ottawa and Edmonton should be talking for sure. I’d be very surprised if we didn’t want Pageau.
Pageau will stay IMO. PK was bottom 2 pre-Pageau and top 5 after he returned. He’s still only 26 and his value to the team is more than his perceived trade value.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Pageau will stay IMO. PK was bottom 2 pre-Pageau and top 5 after he returned. He’s still only 26 and his value to the team is more than his perceived trade value.
Yeah he is exactly who we want our kids to play like,I wouldnt move JGP either

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Not a chance. Lucic sucks but Edmonton isn’t throwing a top ten pick in the trash to move him.

I don't think they'll do it either, but I also don't think a team is taking him for any less than that right now. That might also be on the light end of things.

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
I don't think they'll do it either, but I also don't think a team is taking him for any less than that right now. That might also be on the light end of things.
Yeah - and with regard to Ottawa they have a ton of cap space for the next 2-3 years but will have long term extensions for White, Chabot, Tkachuk and possibly others (Ceci, Pageau) coming up. The last thing they need is a bunch of dead cap space on the books just as those guys are hitting their peak.

Edmonton fans need to stop making proposal for Lucic which involves Ottawa in any way.

Blacephalon

Oct 12, 2018
Lucic + 8th for CLB 1st

nobody is going to take that massive dump for 4 more years to move up 10 spots. can't believe some people even liked your post. if it was that easy to move a dump that big it would already have been then.

stop being such a homer. your not getting rid of lucic that easily.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Its all he has ever played,and as enticing as that sounds we need him far far too much...Our center depth is very much a work in progress

Fair enough. Detroit needs centers too. My thinking was basically that the C at 6 (Dach, Cozens, Zegras) has a decent chance of being a step above White but is a couple years out. Detroit trades the potentially better center for a guy who is further along and fits in better with the age of their young core.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010

Seeing as Puljujarvi wants playing time in the NHL...

To EDM:
Pageau
19th Overall
32nd Overall

To OTT:
Puljujarvi
8th Overall
38th Overall
Gagner (Cap Dump)

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Seeing as Puljujarvi wants playing time in the NHL...

To EDM:
Pageau
19th Overall
32nd Overall

To OTT:
Puljujarvi
8th Overall
38th Overall
Gagner (Cap Dump)

Yeah, no thanks. It would cost you a good bit more than 19 and 32 to move up to 8, which leaves Puljujarvi and 38 and Gagner - who was decent for us, not a dump - for Pageau. Not good.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Yeah, no thanks. It would cost you a good bit more than 19 and 32 to move up to 8, which leaves Puljujarvi and 38 and Gagner - who was decent for us, not a dump - for Pageau. Not good.

Hmm you're right. Let me retool-it...

Swap Gagner for Benning or Manning
Take out pick 38

To OTT:
8th pick
Pool Party
Manning / Benning

To EDM:
19th pick
32nd pick
Pageau

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Hmm you're right. Let me retool-it...

Swap Gagner for Benning or Manning
Take out pick 38

To OTT:
8th pick
Pool Party
Manning / Benning

To EDM:
19th pick
32nd pick
Pageau
Those aren’t cap dumps, you’re way off here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad