Confirmed with Link: [OTT/MIN] Senators trade a 6th round pick in 2014 for Matt Kassian.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
With the Bruins coming to town on Thursday I'd guess that he'll be in the lineup again. See what he can do against them and we'll have a better idea if he can be a regular. If he can some how take a Lucic or McQuaid off the ice for 5 minutes, that would be a big plus in my books.

He's been solid thus far in essentially less than 4 minutes a game. I'm not sold either way whether he can take a regular shift or not but I like what I've seen so far. He certainly isn't scared of going to the net which is a big plus. He deserves a couple weeks at least to get comfortable with the team and systems.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
With the Bruins coming to town on Thursday I'd guess that he'll be in the lineup again. See what he can do against them and we'll have a better idea if he can be a regular. If he can some how take a Lucic or McQuaid off the ice for 5 minutes, that would be a big plus in my books.

He's been solid thus far in essentially less than 4 minutes a game. I'm not sold either way whether he can take a regular shift or not but I like what I've seen so far. He certainly isn't scared of going to the net which is a big plus. He deserves a couple weeks at least to get comfortable with the team and systems.

He's looked really good actually considering what he is...aside from that one goal against where the whole team broke down, and it was just one of those goals that was a huge screen and could have gone in against anyone.

His Corsi On is +45.43 right now...that's double Karlsson's. He almost exclusively starts in the offensive zone, and looks really good standing in front of the net and actually showed some pretty good hand-eye and a lot of physicality while not being lost defensively.

I really want to see what effect Kassian has on the game against Boston...he can probably take anyone on their team (he's beaten Lucic before) so I doubt that the Bruins are going to be as dominant physically as they normally are.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
His face when he scored was epic. You can tell he doesn't score often.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Wings fan coming in peace.

Will Kassian be a regular in Ottawa's lineup for the rest of the season? Or 13th forward?

He seems to have made a good impression with his goal against the Isles.

He probably won't play every night, but he will be in the lineup against the tougher teams like Boston and Philly.

bsfanincuse

Aug 17, 2002
Syracuse, NY
Visit site
This is going to be the most underrated trades and probably best trade for the sens. Kassian adds toughness and allows Neil to focus on his offensive game. The Kelly accident was that an accident Neil isn't that type of player. And we know he felt bad. Good luck but not too much luck lol

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
This is going to be the most underrated trades and probably best trade for the sens. Kassian adds toughness and allows Neil to focus on his offensive game. The Kelly accident was that an accident Neil isn't that type of player. And we know he felt bad. Good luck but not too much luck lol

Your name should be bsfanincuseAlwaysKnows

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I didn't think this would be the case but he could be a great player to have in a 7 game series. He's been punishing the other team's D so far. His skating is definitely up to par for this role. Really liking this move.

Murray's last few acquisitions have won me over in Turris, Methot and Kassian. If we get a new home or away sweater, I want 7 in the back.

yoplait

May 4, 2011
I was a sceptic of the move at first, but his play so far has made me change my mind. I don't feel he's been a liability on the ice, and he embraces his role perfectly. Very happy he is a senator at the moment.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
He can be molded into a player. His presence on the ice is very noticeable through his size and physicality. Teach him proper defensive positioning and we got a valuable player.

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
He's fit in seamlessly and does his role very well. The players, from Neil to the youngsters seem to like his presence. Can't ask for much more than that, he could still be a difference maker in the end.

SpezzaFanatic

Jan 30, 2006
Ottawa
Seems like a great deal right now by Murray, having Kassian to protect the young guys is well worth giving up a 6th rounder. Impressed with his fight today, guys a beast.

Dave

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
I wanted a tough guy. We got a tough guy. And when it was 4-0 I thought, "this is why we need a tough guy." We needed a tough guy to make the rest of the game a hockey game and not a cheap shot fest. So glad to have him on the 4th line. And he looked just fine, finished a few checks, and played a good game. Looked solid in that fight, too (wasn't too worried about getting hit, though - that always scares me - I like when our guys fight like Methot did - just make sure you don't get hit)

Oct 10, 2010
Kassian will really show his worth vs the Leafs when he's going to have to deal with the likes of Orr and Mclaren.

Nice little warm up with Crombeen.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Unbelievable how much of a presence this team has become with him in the line-up.

Usually the camera would zoom in on Neil on the bench whenever something happened on the ice that required some sort of "answer."

Now, they zoom in on Neil and Kassian standing next to each other looking like a pair from hell.

That look alone makes the trade an utter success for me.

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
Glad to see Kass getting the deserving love from Sens fans. Wild fans LOVED Kass, and are so happy to see him getting a fresh chance to play in the NHL.

Kassian is the ultimate team player,, he knows his role, and will protect his teammates with no hesitation. (and he is an amazingly good fighter) The great thing is, he is NOT some chippy goon, so he doesn't get many penalties unless they involve protecting team members.

And he can score once in a while, just plop him in front and feed him.

If you haven't see him interviewed, you'll be in for a treat. He is a very, very smart man, well spoken and well read. Also good sense of humor. Not as goofy as Konopka, but LOVED in the lockerroom.

If you asked 100 Wild fans, I'd saying 99 of us would say we are sorry to see him traded, but very happy he gets a chance to play regular with the Sens. (Glad he was traded out of the Western conference.)

Wishing Kass an awesome season & future! (unless playing the Wild)

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
what I like about him is when he body checked other players, it's painful for them because he is so heavy.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I dont get wats funny about that.

It's funny because people act like we gave up a lot for someone that couldn't contribute. When, in fact, getting something with our 6th round pick is highly unlikely and Kassian has contributed quite a bit in the small time he's had with Ottawa.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
If you get a guy in the sixth round who plays thirty games in your organization and makes a contribution during a play-off series... that was a pretty good pick. Fair value is fair value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad