Ott Heller and vintage Rangers memorabilia circa '30s and '40s

jgimb

Dec 28, 2012
hey guys new to the forum here been a huge ranger fan all my life.

My great uncle Ott heller played for the rangers and won the cup in the 33 and 40 with the rangers and we have both of the game use jerseys.

Unfortunately a lot of the gear he had did not come back to his family and a lot of it was lost.

I am looking into putting together a display with the two jersey and hopefully some other mem. would you guys be able to help me in finding any old ranger stuff from this era would be great.

even a hall of fame or something that displays stuff form this era or player would be nice as he has all but been forgotten in my home town

Cheers, Josh

BrutuS

Jul 24, 2007

SupersonicMonkey*

hey guys new to the forum here been a huge ranger fan all my life.

My great uncle Ott heller played for the rangers and won the cup in the 33 and 40 with the rangers and we have both of the game use jerseys.

Unfortunately a lot of the gear he had did not come back to his family and a lot of it was lost.

I am looking into putting together a display with the two jersey and hopefully some other mem. would you guys be able to help me in finding any old ranger stuff from this era would be great.

even a hall of fame or something that displays stuff form this era or player would be nice as he has all but been forgotten in my home town

Cheers, Josh

Wow I was just looking at Ott Heller stuff last night before I went to sleep. Saw a Rangers jersey circa 1933 on eBay and was thinking of getting it and putting #14 on it in honor of him.

Coincidence.

I have been a big believer that Ott's number 14 should be in the rafters at MSG as well as #7 co owned with Boucher, #3 co owned with Johnson, #5 Bill Cook, #6 Fred Cook. Bryan Hextall, Lynn Patrick, Neil Colville...

The early greats haven't gotten enough love, IMO.

Ott 14 year NHL career all with the Rangers, captain, two time Stanley Cup Champion.

Your great Uncle was a great.

There are some nice hockey cards on eBay of your great uncle.

http://shop.mobileweb.ebay.com/sear...sort=BestMatch&mfs=GOCLK&acimp=0&isNewKw=true

Ottheller.jpg

BrutuS

Jul 24, 2007
Out of curiosity I wondered what the NYR website says about your great uncle.

http://rangers.nhl.com/club/atrplayer.htm?id=8446766

Impressive. I had no idea either that he was the third captain in NYR history. "At age 29, he played a key role in the team`s 1940 championship, picking up three assists in 12 playoff games. He also had three points — all goals — during the team`s 1933 run to the Cup."

I agree with SupersonicMonkey the NYR early greats do not get enough love from the organization.

jgimb

Dec 28, 2012
thanks for the replys guys... we have been trying very hard to find some more ott heller stuff to join the jersey!

jhnyr

Feb 6, 2007
I would also try to get in touch with the team itself. This could be a good opportunity for the org. to honor the early teams. Not enough people out there know about the team's history.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->