Confirmed with Link: [OTT/DAL] Gonchar to Dallas Stars for a Cond. 6th Round Pick in 2013

Pavlikovsky

May 31, 2013
Gatineau, QC
If Buffalo is willign to trade Myers + Vanek + Conditional 2014 2nd, Ottawa would offer 1st + Ceci + Wiercioch + Puempel the conditional is if Vanek does not resign. Some sens fans won't like giving that much but im ok with it. With Myers on our D it would look monstrous with Cowen Gryba and Myers all above 6'4 and Phillips and Methot at 6'3. The reason we have to give up Ceci is because they would lose there dman with the highest potential so they would want Ceci to replace him in the future

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
O'Reilly is not an option until the trade deadline, and maybe beyond if the days don't line up right. The Avs have to keep him for a full year after matching the contract offer from the Flames.

Having said this, I do think the Avs will trade him somewhere. Wanting to have the option to get a deal done at the trade deadline this coming season may have had something to do with how quickly they matched the offer.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
If Buffalo is willign to trade Myers + Vanek + Conditional 2014 2nd, Ottawa would offer 1st + Ceci + Wiercioch + Puempel the conditional is if Vanek does not resign. Some sens fans won't like giving that much but im ok with it. With Myers on our D it would look monstrous with Cowen Gryba and Myers all above 6'4 and Phillips and Methot at 6'3. The reason we have to give up Ceci is because they would lose there dman with the highest potential so they would want Ceci to replace him in the future

Myers was absolutely terrible this past season, so he is a bit of a question mark. According to SI Ceci's stock fell a little bit this year as well because he did not progress as much defensively as scouts would have liked to see. It would be an interesting scenario.

What I don't see in your offer is a Center going the other way. Parting ways with some younger players can be a good thing for the Sens because we have a log jam where some young players would never get a shot at the big team. The worst of these is at Center, where we are totally overloaded at the moment. You have to wonder whether people like Da Costa will be on the move while they still have some value.

Pavlikovsky

May 31, 2013
Gatineau, QC
Myers was absolutely terrible this past season, so he is a bit of a question mark. According to SI Ceci's stock fell a little bit this year as well because he did not progress as much defensively as scouts would have liked to see. It would be an interesting scenario.

What I don't see in your offer is a Center going the other way. Parting ways with some younger players can be a good thing for the Sens because we have a log jam where some young players would never get a shot at the big team. The worst of these is at Center, where we are totally overloaded at the moment. You have to wonder whether people like Da Costa will be on the move while they still have some value.

Would they want Dacosta over Puempel or Wiercioch and Myers was terrible i agree but i think he can be better than what he has shown with our coaching staff and system. Ceci was on a horrible 67's team for most of the year i would give him a mulligan for this year

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Wow, that was fast.
I'm not surprised he didn't bounce to the KHL, his kids have been raised in north america, moving them to Russia would be really difficult at this point.

I feel like when an agent is the one negotiating a trade, the writing is on the wall he is going to get signed.

Caje

Mar 18, 2010
Remember when we signed Gonch and everyone was whining about the third year?

Turned out that third year was huge for us, and now he's getting paid the same amount for two more years. Funny how things work out.

sens2k9

Aug 8, 2008
That is a lot of money for Gonchar at his age.

I have a feeling more teams than we think would pay that kind of money for him on a two year deal.
We don't have the room for him as we're in the next stage of our rebuild, but for a team like Dallas its a great fit to mentor the young guys.

All the "rebuild" teams could/would benefit from a guy like that.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
I think this is a lot like the Kuba situation. Murray stuck to his guns on terms and length of the deal, and was willing to let a player walk. He was bang-on correct with Kuba, and it remains to be seem whether Gonchar is still worth 5 million on the second year of this new deal.

Good for Gonchar though. He was good for our team last year and this year, and I can't blame a player for following the money.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Please don't overpay for a crappy defenseman A.K.A Streit.
Please don't overpay for a crappy defenseman A.K.A Streit.
PLEASE! PLEASE!

No more than 2 @ 10 million.

In before Murray signs Streit 3 years @ 16.5 .

Was coming to post that I'm nearly sure Sens are gonna give him 5m per. Makes a ton of sense.

Man imagine your power play with Streit and Karlsson?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
That's the nice thing about having Phillips on the roster. If Cowen falters in a top-4 role, Phillips is an acceptable fill-in ("Phill"-in). Maybe not the most ideal guy, but he clearly can handle increased minutes.

To me it was fairly obvious the last two seasons that cowen is not ready, until his puck skills and hockey iq go up he is in no way shape or form a top 4 on a contender.

I really hope this means the murrays are bringing someone in that is significant Gonchar was really really good this year.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I think this is a lot like the Kuba situation. Murray stuck to his guns on terms and length of the deal, and was willing to let a player walk. He was bang-on correct with Kuba, and it remains to be seem whether Gonchar is still worth 5 million on the second year of this new deal.

Good for Gonchar though. He was good for our team last year and this year, and I can't blame a player for following the money.

I hope you're right and it means Zack Smith is getting delt for a Methot esque player.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
wow Sens actually ended up with an asset after all of this? Murray caught da boat!

im-on-a-boat-high-res1.jpg

DeVoice

Jan 26, 2012
Sarnia
gut feeling the BM is going to try and pull a rabbit out of his hat at the draft. even more so now that Gonch is gone or his staff have hopes to steal another draft pick that was overlooked.
may be wise for BM to feel out the teams with cap issues and strike while the owners are holding their wallets tighter?

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Kassian brought in for a 6th: "Who cares, just a 6th"

Gonchar traded for a 6th: "ERMAHGERD SERXTH RERND PERCK!!!:bow::clap:"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad