Confirmed Signing with Link: [OTT] D Jacob Bernard Docker signs extension with the Senators (2 years, $805k AAV)

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Docker and Branstrom on the bottom pair I guess. Unless Chychrun stays there on his proper side.

WOuld love to see him with Chabot or Sanderson though

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Bernard-Docker will have a big opportunity to challenge for a 3RD spot.

Jacob is also no longer waiver exempt, so if he doesn’t earn a spot amongst the Sens 7 defenders then Bernard-Docker could find himself on waivers.

It’s basically a sink or swim season upcoming for JBD.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
This also means that Lassi Thomson is either a trade piece or starting training camp in Arizona

Reactions: Kaizen

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
Hopefully starts as a 7th dman or we're in deep trouble.
Probably the case since Dorion said he was trying to bring back Hamonic for one more year, so I'm guessing he'll have to battle his way into the 6th spot, but im also assuming that's what the team is banking on at some point during the season. Dorion said it's his spot to lose rn.

Reactions: SpezDispenser

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Probably the case since Dorion said he was trying to bring back Hamonic for one more year, so I'm guessing he'll have to battle his way into the 6th spot, but im also assuming that's what the team is banking on at some point during the season. Dorion said it's his spot to lose rn.
He'll have to stay ready, like any other 7 dman. It's a thankless role, but it's an important one.

Reactions: SENStastic

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
This also means that Lassi Thomson is either a trade piece or starting training camp in Arizona

Why? Lassi is still on a 2 way this year, he can develop further in the AHL and available for call up.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Why? Lassi is still on a 2 way this year, he can develop further in the AHL and available for call up.
Lassi is in the same boat as JBD in terms of needing waivers and this contract makes it seem like the Sens have made their decision already

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
Lassi is in the same boat as JBD in terms of needing waivers and this contract makes it seem like the Sens have made their decision already
Forgot he was not waiver exempt but they had to make a decision with JBD because he needed a contract. Sure Lassi could get claimed but it's unlikely.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
JBD after his 1st NHL goal game
“I probably celebrated it like I’ve never scored one in my life,”
“Playing with Sandy is a lot of fun. I played with him a little bit in college,” said Bernard-Docker. “He makes it really on me. He’s such a good skater and he’s so good at both ends of the ice. He honestly makes me look way better than I am.”
Humble and honest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad