Proposal: OTT - CLB - NSH

Bernify

May 28, 2014
Based on the report that Pieere Lebrun had last night that the Blue Jackets wanted to be buyers and sellers, I think there's a decent opportunity for a three way deal.

Ottawa receives: Eeli Tolvanen (+?) - EDIT: +Nashville's 1st round pick

Columbus receives: Matt Duchene and Nashville's 2020 2nd round pick

Nashville receives: Artemi Panarin

My initial thought is that Ottawa may want more out of the deal, but Nashville would have to be the one to add, and I'm not sure they want to do that. Either way, I think it's a decent baseline. Thoughts?

Last edited:

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Do you know how much Ottawa gave up for Duchene? This would be a terrible return for them. The Nashville pick would certainly be on Ottawa's side in this proposal.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

Bernify

May 28, 2014
Do you know how much Ottawa gave up for Duchene? This would be a terrible return for them. The Nashville pick would certainly be on Ottawa's side in this proposal.

Sunk cost fallacy. Duchene was a much more valuable asset back when they dealt for him. I also happen to agree that they should be getting more, but would Nashville give up their first and second for Panarin? I'm not too sure.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
I'm kinda biased, but Duchene and Panarin probably cost the exact same. Panarin has him beat 1.20 p/g over Duchene's 1.12. But Duchene is a centre and at least comes with the possibility of re-signing.

Ottawa gets whatever you get for Panarin.

Bernify

May 28, 2014
I'm kinda biased, but Duchene and Panarin probably cost the exact same. Panarin has him beat 1.20 p/g over Duchene's 1.12. But Duchene is a centre and at least comes with the possibility of re-signing.

Ottawa gets whatever you get for Panarin.

The more I think about it, the more adding Nashville's first makes more sense to Ottawa's package. I think it balances out really well, and I doubt the Preds balk at an extra 2nd to acquire Panarin.

That said, Panarin is a better player than Duchene, at least in my opinion, and would get a slight premium.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
The more I think about it, the more adding Nashville's first makes more sense to Ottawa's package. I think it balances out really well, and I doubt the Preds balk at an extra 2nd to acquire Panarin.

That said, Panarin is a better player than Duchene, at least in my opinion, and would get a slight premium.
The fact that there is a 0% chance on signing in Nashville makes him undesirable to add for our top prospect and a 1st. At least with stone and Duchene you have a good chance on resigning. So pass on this

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
While most CBJ fans are enamored with acquiring Duchene (myself included), I don't know if it's worth swapping him for Panarin for a playoff run and only netting a 2nd round pick if Duchene walks. We'd need to have an extension for him worked out in order for this to make sense.

edit...counterproposal:

To OTT: Nasvhille's 2019 1st + 2020 2nd + Tolvanen + Abramov/Carlsson

To NSH: Panarin

To CBJ: Duchene (extended)

Last edited:

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
If Nashville is giving up Tolvanen, a 1st and a 2nd for a potential rental (and I really don't want them to do that and I'm far from the only one) we would just cut Columbus out of this deal and take Duchene ourselves as he's far more likely to re-sign with us than Panarin.

Lateralous

Jun 17, 2003
Abington, PA
Visit site
Confused by the edit. Does this have Nashville trading Tolvanen + their 1st + a 2020 2nd round pick for a pure rental?

I know futures get overrated sometimes but that would truly be going all in on this season only and leave the Preds with absolutely nothing in their system, especially if Fabbro doesn't sign. I see absolutely no reason for the Preds to do that. They would be better off offering this to Ottawa with a window to negotiate a contract in advance with Stone like they did with Turris.

Reactions: Tex76 and preds1

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I feel like it would be easier for Ottawa and Nashville to just cut Columbus out of the deal and move Tolvanen+ for Duchene.

Doubt they move Tolvanen for a rental, so Duchene would need to come with a contract. Tolvanen/Fabbro + 1st is a much better return than most teams could offer though, so I'm all for it as a Sens fan.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Tolvanen + 1st + 2nd is too steep a price for Panarin to Nashville. And I'm a Jackets fan who expects a top prospect + 1st for Panarin at the minimum.

I know Nashville is interested in Panarin but IMO it doesn't make sense for them. Their window isn't closing provided Saros can fill in when Rinne is phased out. Plus Panarin wants to live on the East Coast.

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
Counter:

Columbus: Turris + Smith

Ottawa: Tolvanen + NSH 2019 1st + CBJ 2019 1st + Jarnkrok + Wennberg

Nashville: Duchene( signed) + Stone (signed) + Duclair

Then Columbus can trade Panarin to someone else.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Counter:

Pretty sweet turnout for my Preds in this one, doubt it'll add up value wise.

Reactions: GeauxPreds1

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Counter:

Columbus gives up: 1st 2019, Alex Wennberg, Anthony Duclair
Columbus gets: Kyle Turris, Craig Smith

Ottawa gives up: Matt Duchene, Mark Stone
Ottawa gets: Eeli Tolvanen, NSH 1st 2019, CBJ 1st 2019, Calle Jarnkrok, Alex Wennberg

Nashville gives up: 1st 2019, Kyle Turris, Craig Smith, Eeli Tolvanen, Calle Jarnkrok
Nashville gets: Matt Duchene, Mark Stone

I don't hate it, but, meh. Doesn't do much good for Columbus.

Last edited:

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Columbus gives up: 1st 2019, Alex Wennberg, Anthony Duclair
Columbus gets: Kyle Turris, Craig Smith

Ottawa gives up: Matt Duchene, Mark Stone
Ottawa gets: Eeli Tolvanen, NSH 1st 2019, CBJ 1st 2019, Calle Jarnkrok, Alex Wennberg

Nashville gives up: 1st 2019, Kyle Turris, Craig Smith
Nashville gets: Matt Duchene, Mark Stone

I don't hate it, but, meh. Doesn't do much good for Columbus.
Nashville gives up Turris, Smith, jarnkrok, Tolvenen and 2019 1st. But I don't think that gets you stone and Duchene anyway.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Nsh gives up too much here. Its also bad for CBJ with the opportunity cost of getting a rental as the main piece back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad