OT: Other Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies... IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
If we’re being honest, Ben Simmons is a perfect fit in Denver but it would never happen with his salary.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
If we’re being honest, Ben Simmons is a perfect fit in Denver but it would never happen with his salary.

Denver has the offensive weapons with Jokic, Murray and MPJ, getting guys like Gordon is smart to make them harder to play against. I get the feeling that if Murray were healthy Denver may still be playing right now. I think getting some 3 and D depth guys, or maybe just D guys would make them harder to play against.

Reactions: AFK

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
Denver has the offensive weapons with Jokic, Murray and MPJ, getting guys like Gordon is smart to make them harder to play against. I get the feeling that if Murray were healthy Denver may still be playing right now. I think getting some 3 and D depth guys, or maybe just D guys would make them harder to play against.

Then you didn't watch that Phoenix series very closely, because the Suns did whatever they wanted whenever they wanted. The Nuggets could've just put up cardboard cutouts of themselves on the court and those cutouts would've played better defense.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Then you didn't watch that Phoenix series very closely, because the Suns did whatever they wanted whenever they wanted. The Nuggets could've just put up cardboard cutouts of themselves on the court and those cutouts would've played better defense.

I did, and I think Jamal Murray would've been a difference maker in that series. Losing Jamal is the equivalent of the Avs losing Makar. They are huge play drivers for their teams.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I did, and I think Jamal Murray would've been a difference maker in that series. Losing Jamal is the equivalent of the Avs losing Makar. They are huge play drivers for their teams.
Not to mention with Murray, Jokic can get a breather here and there on offensive possessions.

Sucks but this is #NuggLife, we’re used to this

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I just hope Milwaukee wins the title. I like seeing teams outside the normal win in the NBA. Similar to Toronto a couple years ago, and Golden State when they won their first (got old towards the end).

Interesting factoid to me, the NBA has had only 10 different organizations win titles since 1984. NHL and NFL have had 17. MLB has had 22.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

It's doable as far as the cap goes with some combination of Gordon/Barton/Green but there's just no way they'd pay four max players (assuming Porter will be one) and go that far into the luxury tax. I still don't believe they'd even pay the tax at all.

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
For those who follow the Rockies, do you see Charlie Blackmon turning his season around? I know it's been a tough season for the team in general..

hoserthehorrible

Jul 15, 2003
Colorado
For those who follow the Rockies, do you see Charlie Blackmon turning his season around? I know it's been a tough season for the team in general..
I think Chuck is declining and don't see him turning this season around to the point where he ends with anything close to a 300 AVG, 25+ HR, 80+ RBI season.

I think Chuck has a little left in the tank but I don't see him producing like he has in past years anymore. He reminds me of Helton a little bit in that Helton was still decent when he got old but nothing like he was when we was in his prime (who is though, other than Bonds and Clemens).

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
I think Chuck is declining and don't see him turning this season around to the point where he ends with anything close to a 300 AVG, 25+ HR, 80+ RBI season.

I think Chuck has a little left in the tank but I don't see him producing like he has in past years anymore. He reminds me of Helton a little bit in that Helton was still decent when he got old but nothing like he was when we was in his prime (who is though, other than Bonds and Clemens).
Thanks for the response. Pretty crazy dropoff for him. There were talks of him hitting .400 last year and then he had a tough September and never has seemed to get into a rhythm at the plate this year. Walking at a higher rate than ever, but the rest of his batting stats are pretty poor. And his numbers at Coors are uncharacteristically bad.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I recently saw an article about Eric Bienemy that brought up all the run ins with the law that he’s had (mostly as a Buff but some as an assistant coach too.) I know the nfl isn’t a bunch of choir boys but it’s possibly a reason bienemy keeps getting the snub. He has a pretty good rap sheet from 20 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad