OT: Other Sports aka Home of the worst offenses in their respective leagues Thread XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Senzatela to AAA, Marquez to bullpen, Lyles to space when Gray and Anderson is in the rotation imo.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Nuggets are discussing two separate trades to try to land Eric Bledsoe and Jimmy Butler. Draft picks and young players would go in both cases, but not Jokic.

Personally, I would trade anybody on the roster except Jokic, Harris, Juancho, and Murray.

madman

Deadmarsh Deli Dills
Jun 6, 2009
Steamboat Springs
Nuggets are discussing two separate trades to try to land Eric Bledsoe and Jimmy Butler. Draft picks and young players would go in both cases, but not Jokic.

Personally, I would trade anybody on the roster except Jokic, Harris, Juancho, and Murray.

I love Butler, but to get him you need to include at least one of Harris/Juancho/Murray on top of whatever haul of picks

pretty meh on Bledsoe, but for Mudiay + 13 it isn't a terrible idea

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
I wouldn't trade Harris and I would be very, very hesitant to trade Juancho.

I would consider trading Murray, but only if they land Bledsoe. If they can't get Bledsoe I'd rather have Murray out there than Mudiay or Nelson starting at PG.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Yooo, a Finn goes to Chicago with the seventh pick. Only two Finns have ever played in the NBA and one of them is American.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Nuggets traded the #13 pick (Donovan Mitchell) to the Utah Jazz for F Trey Lyles and the #24 pick

Lyles was the #12 overall pick in last year's draft. 6'10" PF

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Meh. Unexciting nuggets draft. Lots of rumors but no action. I'm sure they're disappointed they didn't get butler.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Meh. Unexciting nuggets draft. Lots of rumors but no action. I'm sure they're disappointed they didn't get butler.
Rumor has it a deal was close but we didn't want to part with Murray.

It's probably for the best, as I have little confidence they could get Butler to sign a new deal. It'd be a two year rental at best.

At this point I want them to keep Jokic, Murray, Harris, and Juancho at all costs. And I want to see Beasley play more.

If Gallinari walks, oh well.

If someone is dumb enough to take the walking injury Wilson Chandler, all the better.

Barton is expendable

Faried could be expendable if these two new forwards we got yesterday turn out decent, but going into the season he should probably be the starting PF

Nelson has served his purpose. He can stay on the roster but I don't think he needs to be taking minutes from any of the younger guards at this point.

Keep Plumlee if they can sign him for a reasonable amount

Let Hibbert walk

Hopefully Mike Miller retires

Arthur has no knees left but I could see him stick around as the 15th man

Hopefully Mudiay improves as much this offseason as he did during his stint on the bench last year when both Nelson and Murray were healthy

Jokic is the key. Hopefully he comes into the season with better cardio and 10-15 pounds more muscle.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Neither Senzatela nor Freeland miss much bats and this is what you get. In Freeland's case, the ground balls have become liners in this game.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
After falling behind 10-3 in the second quarter, the Outlaws came all the way back to beat the New York Lizards at home today, 17-14. It was pretty epic.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Yes but Freeland is what you want for a pitcher at Coors
Groundball pitchers are great at every ballpark, 2nd to strikeout pitchers of course.

Who's worse, Ian Desmond or Mike Dunn?

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
"spend some money you Monfarts" "SPEND SOME ****ING MONEY IF YOU WANT TO BE GOOD"

is how Rockies ended up with Ian Desmond and his atrocious contract. (well not really, Rockies front office just ****ed up)

Two of the worst players in the MLB are Rockies starting corner OFs.

Last edited:

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'm tellin' ya, the Avalanche woke up from hibernation and broke the Rockies somehow.

And speaking of teams (Avalanche) who are having a tough time figuring out what kind of team they want to be, do the Nuggets have any sort of vision going forward? I just don't get what they're trying to accomplish. I guess they're now trying to build around Jokic, but what does that mean?

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I'm not sure (about the nuggets)

I got a funny feeling that we traded back in the draft, believing we were going to actually flip that pick to someone else for a veteran (as part of a package). I didn't see his interviews after the draft but everyone says the GM was completely upset and devastated because he thought the Nuggets got blindsided by other teams. The Nuggets thought they had some deals in place or were very close around draft time and they fell through at the last minute.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
I'm tellin' ya, the Avalanche woke up from hibernation and broke the Rockies somehow.

And speaking of teams (Avalanche) who are having a tough time figuring out what kind of team they want to be, do the Nuggets have any sort of vision going forward? I just don't get what they're trying to accomplish. I guess they're now trying to build around Jokic, but what does that mean?
Not trading Gary Harris and Jamal Murray

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Trying to think which team has a better offense between Avs, Rockies, Broncos and Rapids.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
Trying to think which team has a better offense between Avs, Rockies, Broncos and Rapids.

It's not even close. The Rockies are 6th in MLB in scoring. The Broncos were like 27th in yds/g. The Rapids are only saved by DC United being so atrocious at scoring goals and are second to last. The Avs of course are the worst.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen

The Nuggets are going to wait five to ten years until the Warriors age out before trying at basketball again. Short of winning the lotto a couple times in a row that franchise's current ceiling is first round elimination for the next five years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->