OT: Other Sports aka Home of the worst offenses in their respective leagues Thread XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I'm in serious dilemna with this bout

Wife gets 1/2 off PPV since she works for a cable provider....Even then, I don't know if I actually want to buy this thing. Anyone who doles out the full price (sure to be around $100 at least) is crazy.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Rockies bullpen is really starting to look shaky overall, just as most of us thought coming in.

Oberg, Lyles, Qualls, and Dunn are all looking bad. Estevez has been sent back down.

Holland has been fantastic and Ottavino, McGee, and Rusin have been good but beyond that...

EDIT: and as I type this, Holland blows his first save of the season

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I hope you guys know why I have such a bon... I mean, obsession with Tapia

PepsiCenterMagic

Food is Great
Jul 17, 2013
Rockies are going to hit a point soon (if not already) where there are significant diminishing returns on prospects. They already have no room for the rookie starters. And soon the position players are going to run out of available positions.

I wouldn't be shocked to see a few guys get packaged for a top flight starter at the deadline or in December.

Rodgers is actually a 2B. My bad. This means DJ becomes expendable. Rodgers won't be moved, he's projected to be a peak Chase Utley. So if Arenado is a lock.... i don't think Story nor Desmond is, honestly. Anyone of them can go! Especially for some great pitcher if we go that route.

PepsiCenterMagic

Food is Great
Jul 17, 2013
Brendan Rodgers of High-A ball, 2015 3rd overall pick, is hitting an unbelievable .404 through almost 300 AB.

His competition averages 2+ years older than him.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'

Loved when this first happened. Floyd is a tool and deserves to get called out like that.

Arizona/LA/Colorado have combined for 5 losses in thier last 30 games. Crazy how the Rockies are having their best season ever and can't even break away from the division.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
You could argue McGee has been better than Holland this year, bad games happen and the offense picked him up.

This team is ****ing good

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Who do you guys want the Nuggets to take next week?

Sounds like Gallo wants a sign and trade. To be honest, I want to see him gone. Good riddance - either Gallo or Chandler always needed to go. Having both of them always seemed redundant to me.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/19672728/ex-ufc-fighter-tim-hague-dies-knocked-boxing

Tragic, and also pretty topical.

I don't mean to make light of a terrible situation but this is legitimately what I think would happen to McGregor if he got into the ring with a prime Floyd Mayweather, before Floyd's hands got so brittle he stopped throwing power punches. Well, actually, McGregor would probably be smart enough to stay down, but still.

I don't know that much about MMA rules, but why would you let a guy continue to fight after 8 knockouts??? I used to follow boxing pretty regularly, and even one or two knockouts is a big deal for a major fighter.

I think of a guy like Roy that has five ko losses in his record, and people have been begging him to retire for like a decade now. His career as a top level fighter was over the minute after he got dropped back to back vs Tarver/Johnson.

A guy with 8 MMA kos followed by two in boxing should not have been able to get a boxing license.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
The early reviews of MacGregor's sparring skills are not good.

have a strong feeling this is going to be the most overhyped underdelivering boxing match in history. And ironically the most profitable.

This will probably end up being horrible for the sport long term.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
This will probably end up being horrible for the sport long term.

I honestly think it will be bad for both sports, regardless of outcome. I don't blame MacGregor for taking this fight as he is bound to make 75-100m off of it, but this will be a disgrace.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
I honestly think it will be bad for both sports, regardless of outcome. I don't blame MacGregor for taking this fight as he is bound to make 75-100m off of it, but this will be a disgrace.
Hopefully this fight will end the fantasy that some people have that MMA fighters /boxers can cross over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad