OT: Other Sports aka Denver Broncos Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huis Clos*

I don't agree with the boycott theory at all. The last thing the Denver sports fanbase needs is the perception we are Phoenix or something like that. Do people tell the Cubs to stop going to their games? No because they are from Chicago and one of the most respected sports fanbases in the country. The stupid, bandwagoner, newbie, fair weather fan perception is tough to shake and I think Denver fans should be known as loyal and passionate. So no, they shouldn't take losing and ineptitude lying down but they shouldn't stop being fans of that team. Nothing will truly get better until baseball gets a salary cap. I'm not going to hold my breath for a bottom payroll team to wn a championship, it's not going to happen. Even the "underdog" franchises like Marlins and DBacks had to buy their championships. But for now yeah we need to see some front office changes but I doubt Monfort cares what the fans do. If people stop going to the games he just reduces payroll, that accomplishes nothing.

I probably watched at least part of 120 games this year and baseball is definitely not my favorite sport. I like deluding myself by enjoying watching the stars. CarGo, Tulo, Arenado, etc make it worth it to me to watch. But when I think about it hard enough I really hate the league even more than the front office. So I just shoot for temporary happiness.

So just keep plowing money into the Monfort's coffers and hope the team will somehow become competitive? Yeah, I'm sure that'll work.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Yeah that was exactly my entire point. So I get the plan is to keep pouting and then when 1000 people show up to each game and the Monforts finally will gather the inspiration to hire a new GM who will waive the magic wand and the Rockies will suddenly have a $150M payroll and have miraculously moved their stadium down to sea level. Sounds good to me.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
13-7-HOU-Schaub.png

13-7-BOS.jpg

13-7-NO-Ryan.gif

13-7-JAX-Mascot.png

That last one is a bet made (and lost) by the Jags mascot that they'd beat the Broncos

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Going to rant against Brandon Weeden here.

He's seriously has to be the worst QB I've ever had the displeasure of watching. He is worse than TEBOW (and I didn't think that would be possible).

His passes are RARELY in the right area, they're either underthrown, overthrown or just flat out no where near his receiver. I just watched him attempt a pass to McGahee after Willis had slipped and fallen and was getting up. He looked RIGHT AT Willis and saw him trying to get up and still threw it to him.

I am not even saying this as a Fantasy Football owner, I've stopped starting Jordan Cameron because apparently Jordan kicked Brandon's dog or something, because he has gone to rarely targeting him. I'm saying this as someone who likes to watch football, Brandon Weeden needs to be cut from the Browns and, like Tebow, never seen in the NFL again.

avs1dacup

Jan 25, 2003
Denver, CO
Visit site
So who wants to make more excuses for this craptacular defense again tonight? Not going to win anything until it gets fixed and it wont be this year. Peyton can be great, still going to be a first playoff game exit again this year. 20 more points against again tonight. That makes all 7 games this year.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
So who wants to make more excuses for this craptacular defense again tonight? Not going to win anything until it gets fixed and it wont be this year. Peyton can be great, still going to be a first playoff game exit again this year. 20 more points against again tonight. That makes all 7 games this year.

It's already started. Woodyard isn't playing tonight, that'll be one. On top of that people will most likely say "Well Von hasn't played in a while, so he'll get better. Champ is only in his 2nd game back, so he'll get better!" and so on, and so on.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
so I understand going to the run on the first play of this drive, when they're up against the goal line...I don't understand doing it on the 2nd play...oh well, Moreno just made a hell of a catch

***EDIT***

Moreno for Offensive Pass Interference? Of course NBC doesn't show a replay that proves it.

Fox seems to be getting severely out-coached right now

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Wow :shakehead

The Broncos might be done. I know that they can come back, but they have not looked good at all tonight, even Peyton. That might be game right there.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Oh my god, that last series was laughably bad. You CANNOT leave that series with just a FG.

Can't believe that we'll be 2nd to the Chiefs....this should NOT be how this game is going.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I find it hard to care right now. This team will make the playoffs, barring a disaster, and all that matters is how they do in the playoffs. Still so much time left until then.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Terrible game, whether we win or not.

1) The OL is a disaster. I'm shocked they haven't made a move for a tackle. I'd be ok with them trading their first or second rounder for an elite guy. Honestly. The OL is running on fumes right now.

2) Came into this game quite cocky. Letting Holliday return kicks 5-7 yards deep into the endzone is just not acceptable. I know the guy is explosive, but we started too many drives from within our own 15.

3) Penalties killed us. Vickerson would not be playing another down for me in the 4th quarter. Personal fouls (after the play) in the second half when you're down is just unacceptable for a playoff contender.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
That missed 2 point conversion is, among many things, going to cost the Broncos tonight. If they went for 1, like regular, they would be able to go for 2 if they score in the next 1.5 minutes and force OT

avs1dacup

Jan 25, 2003
Denver, CO
Visit site
3 more fumbles.

Another interception.

O-Line that can't block and a D-Line that can't pressure the QB.

A defense that continues to give up big plays FAR too often.

Yep, championship caliber team right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad