OT: Other Sports 73

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Two last episodes were good, I wish they did a bit more with the aftermath of the Bulls, Jordan as a Wizard as well but that probably required another
episode. I also wish they had more takes from Jordan on certian events.

My guess is there will be another 30 for 30 type of doc on Jordan and the wizards. From ownership, to playing and then the fallout.
Enjoyed both episodes last night. Really could've gone a few more episodes if they chose.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
Two last episodes were good, I wish they did a bit more with the aftermath of the Bulls, Jordan as a Wizard as well but that probably required another episode. I also wish they had more takes from Jordan on certian events.
I could watch Jordan reacting to the iPad interviews of other people for hours.

Absolute gold.

Reactions: clydesdale line

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Two last episodes were good, I wish they did a bit more with the aftermath of the Bulls, Jordan as a Wizard as well but that probably required another episode. I also wish they had more takes from Jordan on certian events.

I kinda just pretend the Wizard stuff didn't happen. Besides, the documentary was about everything culminating up to their final season with the gang

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Seems like a lot of the exbulls have come out in the past few days stating how inaccurate the doc was or portions of their interviews were cut mainly due to negative commentary towards MJ.

I think we got glimpses of it and you could tell how difficult it was being on that team for some of them. Many of them outside of Scottie and Dennis have bitter feelings towards MJ. They could have dug into this a bit more and I'm certain we will see some follow-ups with better details.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Far worse shape? Are you kidding? They are and have been a dumpster fire outside of a few years where they were carried by Rose.

Have you seen the performance of MJ the executive? Yes the Bulls could have been in alot worse shape if they had handed control over to MJ

Good on Jerry for standing his ground against that nonsense

My guess is there will be another 30 for 30 type of doc on Jordan and the wizards. From ownership, to playing and then the fallout.
Enjoyed both episodes last night. Really could've gone a few more episodes if they chose.

Why would Jordan's PR people allow that? It would then expose how pathetic he is as a basketball executive and talent evaluator

Seems like a lot of the exbulls have come out in the past few days stating how inaccurate the doc was or portions of their interviews were cut mainly due to negative commentary towards MJ.

I think we got glimpses of it and you could tell how difficult it was being on that team for some of them. Many of them outside of Scottie and Dennis have bitter feelings towards MJ. They could have dug into this a bit more and I'm certain we will see some follow-ups with better details.

Are you surprised?

This was nothing but a fluff piece from Jordan PR camp

They knew the meatheads in Chicago would go crazy over it and praise MJ who can do no wrong and is totally 100% right all the time

Glad I didn't waste my time on this nonsense as it confirmed all my suspicions of just being a fluff piece aimed at thrashing a dead man who cant defend himself and attack an owner who has been most stable in Chicago sports history and has watched over 7 championships

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Glad I didn't waste my time on this nonsense as it confirmed all my suspicions of just being a fluff piece aimed at thrashing a dead man who cant defend himself and attack an owner who has been most stable in Chicago sports history and has watched over 7 championships

That's worse than saying the doc had a Jordan bias, which it did. They definitely went it to great detail about Jordan's treatment of his teammates and Krause. You should probably watch it.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Have you seen the performance of MJ the executive? Yes the Bulls could have been in alot worse shape if they had handed control over to MJ

Good on Jerry for standing his ground against that nonsense

Why would Jordan's PR people allow that? It would then expose how pathetic he is as a basketball executive and talent evaluator

Are you surprised?

This was nothing but a fluff piece from Jordan PR camp

They knew the meatheads in Chicago would go crazy over it and praise MJ who can do no wrong and is totally 100% right all the time

How much worse could they have possibly been? How much bigger of a tire fire? Like genuinely what would have been worse?

And “glad I didn’t waste my time on something I didn’t watch because it confirmed my pre conceived suspicions” is the single most BWC thing you can say. That guy sucks despite me never seeing him play.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Not a real sport but if anybody ever liked wrestling when they were younger vice's dark side of the ring is doing a episode on the owen hart death tonight. Should be a good one.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
There's a middle ground between Krause blowing up the team and giving into everything that Jordan wanted. It's called just keeping up the status quo, which is what had been mostly happening previously. Krause was at his best when he ignored Jordan's roster ideas and kept his ambitions limited to adding to the roster surrounding him and Pippen. That's how they won six titles.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs

Yeah, that's why it's annoying to see people hail this as the greatest sports doc ever, even better than OJ Made in America.

It was great entertainment, but get real.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
You can say the same about covering all the other seasons as they did in this doc. They were basically telling a story about the end of the dynasty and the focus was Jordan. They wanted to provide some context, nothing wrong with showing the aftermath.
Nothing irrelevant whatsoever about covering the previous seasons.

The documentary was about the culmination of getting to the climax.

After the last dance is over, that's it.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Nothing irrelevant whatsoever about covering the previous seasons.

The documentary was about the culmination of getting to the climax.

After the last dance is over, that's it.

What? There were so many things. Much of the doc had nothing to do with the final season! You may want to watch again.

One thing I forgot about is after that final season Krause resigned Pippen to a contract in order to trade him to Houston. That's because back then it was easier for teams to resign their own free agents. The Bulls later gave him a huge payday to play like 30 games and mentor the young stars on the team. Krause didn't have to do that at all. This doesn't really jive with the narrative the doc was trying to push.

Last edited:

Say Hey Kid

The best all around player ever
Dec 10, 2007
...And “glad I didn’t waste my time on something I didn’t watch because it confirmed my pre conceived suspicions” is the single most BWC thing you can say. That guy sucks despite me never seeing him play.
Agreed. Posting strong opinions about something you haven't even seen is ultimate BWC. I would rather have Jordan, Walter Payton, or Bobby Hull play for my favorite team than LeBron.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
I've seen 5 major Pippen trade proposals. I will list four of them because the fifth does not have the full details other than the Clippers offered up 2 firsts.

1. Pippen for Kemp/Pierce
2. Pippen for McGrady
3. Pippen/Longley for Boston's 3/6 or the 3 pick and Antoine Walker (1997)
4. Pippen for Thunder Dan, Wesley Persons and two firsts.

Which trade intrigued you enough to pull the trigger? Which would be you least favorite idea?

For me, I would have pulled the trigger on Pippen for Mcgrady over the Boston 2 first's because despite drafting Billups and Mercer, TMac > over those two, heck Tmac over anybody in the first rd with the exception being Duncan. Wanted nothing to do with Walker. So Boston #3/Walker for Pippen would be a non-starter. Only way I would have taken Walker would have been both the 3 and 6 pick involved in the deal.

The least favorite idea would be the Suns idea. While Thunder Dan and Person would have been solid rotational pieces, that deal would hinge on the two first rd picks. With Pippen and Barkley a young Michael Finley, a solid PG in Kevin Johnson, those two picks would have been lower in the first rd. I would have said no on the Suns deal.

No trading Pippen might be the best move/non-move Krause ever made with the Bulls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->