OT: Other LA Sports: LA Galaxy, Dodgers, Lakers, Clippers, Rams, Chargers, Angels. USC, UCLA etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
The Packers left a ton of points on the field (multiple dropped TD’s) and failed XP and 2Pt and still won by 2 TDs.

I just don’t see how anyone is winning at Lambeau next week. The Packers are a machine, just elite talent everywhere.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Frozen Lake

Nov 20, 2020
I dont know much about restructuring contracts, but is there a way the Rams can simply cut Goff (if no takers) and fit his cap hit/dead money as well as the -25m we already have?
Because if the organization is having doubts, the quicker the better so we can use our picks when theyre all up in 2022 and on.

i like Goff with protection but he cant run and doesnt survey the field well.

what id do for Deshaun Watson would put me on a no-fly list

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Every team left has a dominant qb and wr. The Rams were trying to win playing 1990’s football by running it and playing defense. And I don’t blame McVay, his best option was putting the ball in the only thing his offense has that resembles a star and then hoping the defense could keep them in it and they could catch a break.

They are doomed at QB though. That extension, yikes.

Reactions: Lt Dan

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Every team left has a dominant qb and wr. The Rams were trying to win playing 1990’s football by running it and playing defense. And I don’t blame McVay, his best option was putting the ball in the only thing his offense has that resembles a star and then hoping the defense could keep them in it and they could catch a break.

They are doomed at QB though. That extension, yikes.

I haven't watched football for the past 2 years but I heard Goff has been bad. Even before he broke his thumb. Never was a fan of his but man does that extension look brutal.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Most awesome billboard put up in Casa Grande, AZ, which is about half way between Tempe and Tucson.

10206948.jpeg

Reactions: Lt Dan

kingsholygrail

Bonus Hockey Unlocked 44-27-11
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
The Packers left a ton of points on the field (multiple dropped TD’s) and failed XP and 2Pt and still won by 2 TDs.

I just don’t see how anyone is winning at Lambeau next week. The Packers are a machine, just elite talent everywhere.
Tom Brady.

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC
We lost the true Home Run King today. Hammering Hank Aaron has passed at age 86.

Sad news. Every time I watch that pitch from Downing and feel he couldn’t have delivered a more hit able pitch even if he underhanded it. But then again, he will always be seen on Aaron’s hi light.

RIP Hammerin’ Hank. HOF on and off the field.

Reactions: KINGS17

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Sad news. Every time I watch that pitch from Downing and feel he couldn’t have delivered a more hit able pitch even if he underhanded it. But then again, he will always be seen on Aaron’s hi light.

RIP Hammerin’ Hank. HOF on and off the field.
When I was very young I worked at Anaheim Stadium and had the opportunity to shake hands with some of the all-time greats, most of whom were in broadcasting at the time I met them. Wasn't fortunate enough to count Henry Aaron among those I met, but he would have definitely been at the top of the list.

Reactions: 21Dog

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON

That’s a hefty price to pay draft capital wise. Seems like Rams draft cupboard is going to be devoid of first rounds picks until the end of the decade.

Goff is awful so they get out of his deal. He’s Detroit’s problem now.

Imagine the return Houston could get for Watson? Then again, this is the same franchise that traded Nuk Hopkins for virtually peanuts.

Reactions: kingsfan28

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
That’s a hefty price to pay draft capital wise. Seems like Rams draft cupboard is going to be devoid of first rounds picks until the end of the decade.

Goff is awful so they get out of his deal. He’s Detroit’s problem now.

Imagine the return Houston could get for Watson? Then again, this is the same franchise that traded Nuk Hopkins for virtually peanuts.

Yea, it’s almost 1 for Stafford, 1 to get rid of Goff.

This team basically knows where there window closes now. Donald/Ramsey/Stafford/Woods, when that ends you’ve had no picks, so it’s a hard rebuild then. Applaud them going for it though, lot easier to rebuild in the NFL where you can replacement level players yearly deep in the draft.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
The Rams gave up a ton to draft Goff (one of the picks turned out to be Derrick Henry) and now traded a ton to get rid of him. I was never a Goff fan. Thought he was the epitome of systems QB while at Cal and that's exactly what he is in the NFL. Inability to improvise and make out of schedule plays. Stafford is an upgrade though.

Reactions: 21Dog and ru4reals
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad