OT: Other LA Sports: LA Galaxy, Dodgers, Lakers, Clippers, Rams, Chargers, Angels. USC, UCLA etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoltsOfAnarchy

May 12, 2018
Largo
Lebron losing is a great consolation for tonight’s downer of a game.

anyone else notice how he was the only player to walk off without shaking hands after the game? Went to the locker room like the sour-sandy that he is lol....

another reason why hockey is better than nba. The culture & tradition of shaking hands with your opponents after a series... win or lose

lebron is a jerk

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007
lebron is a jerk

Lol. He's basically everything we want our athletes to be.

Married to his high school sweetheart.
Flies across the country to attend his kids High School basketball game.
Donates millions of dollars to build a school for underprivileged kids in his hometown.
Donated 1000's of computers to Boys and Girls Club of America around the country.
During COVID his foundation donated food and hygiene supplies to kids around Akron.
Helped form a vote drive org to get African Americans to the polls to exercise their voting rights.

But he's a jerk because he didn't shake some hands after a game. C'mon. Anyone who thinks that dude is a jerk hasn't been paying attention to the type of man he is.

I'll never, ever, EVER understand the hate that guy gets. Really any athlete that transcends the sport. Appreciate greatness folks. Appreciate it more when they do more than just collect money.

kingsholygrail

Almost there.. 38-22-11
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Lol. He's basically everything we want our athletes to be.

Married to his high school sweetheart.
Flies across the country to attend his kids High School basketball game.
Donates millions of dollars to build a school for underprivileged kids in his hometown.
Donated 1000's of computers to Boys and Girls Club of America around the country.
During COVID his foundation donated food and hygiene supplies to kids around Akron.
Helped form a vote drive org to get African Americans to the polls to exercise their voting rights.

But he's a jerk because he didn't shake some hands after a game. C'mon. Anyone who thinks that dude is a jerk hasn't been paying attention to the type of man he is.

I'll never, ever, EVER understand the hate that guy gets. Really any athlete that transcends the sport. Appreciate greatness folks. Appreciate it more when they do more than just collect money.
Supported censoring an NBA owner for insulting China.
Made threats to a police officer on twitter.

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007
Supported censoring an NBA owner for insulting China.
Made threats to a police officer on twitter.
"Made threats". You mean the tweet he deleted and said "ANGER does [not do] any of us any good and that includes myself! Gathering all the facts and educating does though!"? Yeah. He's just the worst. I hate people who tweet out hateful statements and then walk them back and recognize the error.

But those two things certainly cancel out helping to send hundreds of children to college and improving the lives of others though. Excellent point.

Reactions: jfont

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
"Made threats". You mean the tweet he deleted and said "ANGER does [not do] any of us any good and that includes myself! Gathering all the facts and educating does though!"? Yeah. He's just the worst. I hate people who tweet out hateful statements and then walk them back and recognize the error.

But those two things certainly cancel out helping to send hundreds of children to college and improving the lives of others though. Excellent point.

Basically, he is saying Lebron needs to “shut up and dribble”.

Doesn’t matter what you do, once the Fox talking heads decide to trash you, half the country will turn on you.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
Nah, basically he was saying James is a hypocrite.

Lololol yes all the hate Lebron gets is cause he is a “hypocrite”.

Ever single player in the NBA shut up about China. Hell ever sports league won’t say shit against China. Yet he and his “ilk” only call about Lebron, cause it’s not about being a “hypocrite”.

kingsholygrail

Almost there.. 38-22-11
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia

He never apologized to that cop that did nothing wrong. "I was just upset" is not an apology. He's a massive ignorant asshole. You can be generous and an asshole.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Lebron, like Kobe before him, is what happens when you shine a camera 24-7 on an average human being.

You're going to find stuff to idolize if you like him, you'll find plenty of fodder to hate him with too.

Let's try to stay away from editorializing on either because clearly the opinions are turning into something we can't agree to disagree on, so move on.

Last edited:
Reactions: kingsboy11

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Bauer's fate is in the hands of Pasadena PD and until the whole thing is resolved, he won't be playing baseball. It's a Voynov situation for the Dodgers. Dodgers may need to make a big move to replace him.

They're really having kind of a Kings 2015 season all around, sheesh.

Might be time for Pepiot soon

Josiah Gray would otherwise be ahead of him but they have to build his arm back up coming back from injury

As for trade targets…Scherzer is the sexy choice, but I would also be interested in bringing back Maeda.

Man, sign me up for Scherzer for sure, but all of the above are great options. I would just think the Dodgers would want a veteran at this point, at least going down the stretch. But definitely want the kids to get some games a la May and Goose.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
And they absolutely have to make the move now as the overachieving Giants keep overachieving. There’s absolutely no way they are this good but it’s just one of those years that one team just has the magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->