Other LA Sports: Dodgers, Angels, Lakers, Clippers, Rams, USC, UCLA, Fantasy, MMA etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Say Hey Kid

it's better to burn out than to fade awa
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Remember when they signed Luol Deng? That was a great move.

Agreed. I was gonna post that tweet, but I was so disappointed that there was only 1 post since Monday in this thread that I gave up in disappointment. I was living in WI in 75 when the Bucks traded Kareem to the Lakers. I've been a huge Lakers fan ever since. My son never cared about sports until 4 years ago, but he became a huge Lakers/NBA fan and doesn't care at all about any other sports. Go Lakers!

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
The Pac-12 is off to less than a stellar start this college football season. Every team in the conference playing a competitive opponent lost to their non-conference opponent.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
This season has turned out once again to be a big fat flop for the Angels. How many more years of Trout will we see until he moves on to a team that wants to win instead of making money off of the LA brand Arte has been pushing? Major changes need to be made starting with the manager.Mike Scioscia has been living off the 1 championship for too long and should've been fired 5 years ago. I really hope he sticks to his word and leaves and doesn't have a change of heart.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
And 2019 will be another wasted year for the best baseball player that any of us have ever seen.

Mike Trout is a sports tragedy.

Yep. You'd think the thought of building a team around him would've crossed someones mind at some point. Hell, even Pujols has wasted his last few great years there.

Reactions: Herby

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I wonder if the thought has crossed the Angels mind to just forget about the pitching with Ohtani. I mean the guy has a higher OPS than Goldschmidt, Arenado and Machado and he is a rookie who happens to hit left handed. Tough to give that up, and a year of Trout's prime on the chance he returns as a pitcher (which also limits his bat).

I wonder if he can play 1b with the damaged elbow ligament.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Fork'Em!

That made my Saturday night.
Yeah, that was a big win for the Sun Devils. Still thinking they will go 6-6 or 7-5 though. The conference schedule is pretty tough this season as they play Washington, Oregon, and USC on the road.

Harry is probably the best WR in the country. ASU will miss him next year.

Pac-12 bounced back a little in week 2, but still probably the worst of the Big 5 conferences. Maybe the Pac-12 has a case against the Big 12. The power in the Big 10 is so slanted to the East, I think they need to find a way to re-align the divisions. Wisconsin or Iowa are locks to represent the West every season in the Big 10 title game, and they are usually the 3rd or 4th best teams in the conference.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
How many passes did Charger receivers drop today? Time to bring John Jefferson and Charlie Joyner out of retirement.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Yeah, 'da Bears snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Feels like sometimes these coaches just try and outsmart themselves. If I were the Bears I would have ran twice on 3rd and 1, if you get a first down the game is basically over and a even if you get stopped the Packers are probably playing for a FG. The stupidest thing in the world is going up 6 and giving Rodgers the ball back and letting him win the game.

Nagy is rightfully getting ripped for that whole sequence of decisions, and rightfully so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->