GDT: Other Games Around The League 2021 - now with 100% more playoffs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Pavs literally had less than 35 points last year and he's turning 37 this year. Plus, he's shooting at a completely unsustainable 35.7% right now. I love the guy, but he wasn't worth the contract at the time.

He led the NHL in even strength goals in the playoffs. He was a stud when it was needed.

He earned his deal in the playoffs

nabbyfan

Oct 4, 2007
Santa Clarita, CA
I still feel like losing Pavs absolutely destroyed this locker room. I know it sounds cliche but damn. We're just a hot mess.

Im pulling for him every game he goes out there. You know deep down hes got to be satisfied doing what he's doing at 37 years old, and having the team that chose not to sign him after everything they went through together sitting in last place, again.

I understand why DW made the move he did, I do. But god damn, it has absolutely blown up in his face in every single way.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
I still feel like losing Pavs absolutely destroyed this locker room. I know it sounds cliche but damn. We're just a hot mess.

Im pulling for him every game he goes out there. You know deep down hes got to be satisfied doing what he's doing at 37 years old, and having the team that chose not to sign him after everything they went through together sitting in last place, again.

I understand why DW made the move he did, I do. But god damn, it has absolutely blown up in his face in every single way.

The thing I’ve come to really appreciate about Pavs in his time with Dallas is how he makes everyone better. He’s far from the player he was in his prime, but his effort level is still so high, and it has encouraged young kids like Hintz and Gurianov work just as hard as Pavs.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
The thing I’ve come to really appreciate about Pavs in his time with Dallas is how he makes everyone better. He’s far from the player he was in his prime, but his effort level is still so high, and it has encouraged young kids like Hintz and Gurianov work just as hard as Pavs.

And that's a big thing the Sharks a missing. the guys who look like they are trying the hardest are the ones fighting for a roster spot, not the team leaders

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
If the Senators manage to win more than five games this whole season, I’ll be impressed. The North Division is literally just “everyone pad their stats against Ottawa”.

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
The Sharks were the worst team in the West last year, and there's no guarantee that Pavs over Karlsson even gets us to the playoffs at all.

Teal tinted glass view: Pavs’ leadership wouldn’t have let that level of laziness occur and the locker room wouldn’t have had the issues they did.

Some people are good at getting everyone else to play up a level.

Reactions: BigDmitriy

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Teal tinted glass view: Pavs’ leadership wouldn’t have let that level of laziness occur and the locker room wouldn’t have had the issues they did.

Some people are good at getting everyone else to play up a level.

I criticized this narrative as much as anyone in the summer of 2019, and I have to admit that my case is much weaker now.

nabbyfan

Oct 4, 2007
Santa Clarita, CA
Pavelski beautiful PP goal to tie it for Dallas with under a minute left.

I hate that we let him go, but I had over 5.5 so thanks Pavs for coming through for me haha

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Pavs is clearly a generational player. We lose one guy and we instantly drop 10% in every advanced statistic.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
So they have a game pretty much in our Backyard, they took the Sharks PA Announcer, but they didn't invite the Sharks to renew the rivalry against the Golden Knights? Yeah I get the Sharks are bad, but the Rivalry is always intense. It just feels like a slap in the face that the Sharks weren't the team to partake in this.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
So they have a game pretty much in our Backyard, they took the Sharks PA Announcer, but they didn't invite the Sharks to renew the rivalry against the Golden Knights? Yeah I get the Sharks are bad, but the Rivalry is always intense. It just feels like a slap in the face that the Sharks weren't the team to partake in this.

As if we needed another reason to hate the Knights...

That and their uniforms look like evil space police as designed by a child in the 1970's.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Outdoor game suspended after 20 minutes due to sun.

Plan to restart game at 9pm PT and play last two periods.

(Sunday's outdoor game rescheduled to evening)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad