Other Games Around The League 2014-2015 Part II - Now with SCP Goodness!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Vancouver was by far the weakest team to make the playoffs. I'm not surprised they lost.

Let's put it this way, I was expecting Calgary to sweep in the Prediction thread.

magic school bus

Jun 4, 2010
San Jose, CA
Yes, because winning games in OT is just luck. A coin flip. Random chance.

Coming back from down from 3-1? Critical play from your best players? Just a fluke.

Sometimes I wonder what game you are watching.

You can't honestly believe they didn't get lucky. They play the Preds and Shea Weber magically disappears while Kane makes a miracle recovery.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
You can't honestly believe they didn't get lucky. They play the Preds and Shea Weber magically disappears while Kane makes a miracle recovery.

Yup. I'm not saying that every goal was lucky (ON4, you know that's not what I'm saying). But to say that the Hawks weren't handed very fortuitous circumstances is very disingenuous.

The Hawks are good and lucky. So are the Kings. Every team that wins the Cup is good AND lucky. I don't want to get into one of those arguments, but if the Sharks got a shred of luck, I have a hard time thinking they wouldn't have at least one finals appearance over the past decade.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Yup. I'm not saying that every goal was lucky (ON4, you know that's not what I'm saying). But to say that the Hawks weren't handed very fortuitous circumstances is very disingenuous.

The Hawks are good and lucky. So are the Kings. Every team that wins the Cup is good AND lucky. I don't want to get into one of those arguments, but if the Sharks got a shred of luck, I have a hard time thinking they wouldn't have at least one finals appearance over the past decade.

The Sharks do get lucky sometimes, but only for one game. Kings-Sharks series in 2011 comes to mind. The problem is the Kings and Chicago have been in series where they are lucky for 3+ games. The Sharks never get that kind of luck.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002

You call it luck, I call it taking advantage of an opportunity.

If the Sharks "never" get a "shred of luck"...maybe it isn't "luck" that is the issue.

The Sharks do get lucky sometimes, but only for one game. Kings-Sharks series in 2011 comes to mind. The problem is the Kings and Chicago have been in series where they are lucky for 3+ games. The Sharks never get that kind of luck.

Reminder that Kopitar was out for that entire series in 2011. Sharks took advantage and won the series.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Kopitar was out. So what? No one gives the Sharks a break for losing Vlasic for essentially the last three games of last years series.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I do. Over and over and over again.

Yah that Vlasic injury has definitely at a very bad time. Also, I am fairly certain the Kings targeted Vlasic through the series. Anyway, I do agree with ON4 though regarding the fact that since we never seem to get any luck there is something wrong with the picture. Vlasic or not we should have won one of those three games.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
St.Louis has done less than SJ. The 3 SCF were because they played against other expansion teams in the playoffs and were swept in all 3 when they had to play against the established teams.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
St.Louis has done less than SJ. The 3 SCF were because they played against other expansion teams in the playoffs and were swept in all 3 when they had to play against the established teams.

The Blues just had an unlucky draw and bad goaltending and Hitch screwed them somehow.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
At least St Louis is no longer on a streak of losing 4 straight playoff games

It'll be a few years before we're able to shed that spector

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad