Other Domestic Leagues 2019/20

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Not sure about that. Promes is not going to replace Neres, Ziyech and Tadic in the starting line up, so he has to show what he's worth in the limited amount of time he gets. Often even being used as a #10. I always feel Promes sucks when he needs to prove himself. I read about his rough start in Russia before. His first moments in Oranje were absolutely trash. So were his first few games with Sevilla. No exception in Amsterdam, either. He just wants to do too much by himself. He looks bad right now, but I've doubted him before. He might be a big, contributing player in a few months if he can get some solid, confidence building games under his belt.
Are there cup games where he might get a full game run out like there are in England? I know there's the KNVB Beker or whatever it's called these days, but is that contested similar to in England where they often don't use the starting XI, at least initially?

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Yeah, that will likely happen. I hope he finds his mojo that way. Ten Hag rotates his players during domestic games as well, especially vs lower ranked sides. He even got the nod above Neres this weekend, but was abysmal and eventually injured himself after 30 minutes.

Chances will come.

Reactions: bluesfan94

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Also, I know we have some Czech soccer fans (or at least did) but I can't remember who. I'm going to be in Prague this weekend - would going to the game between Slavia Prague and Bohemians be safe and is there an easy way to get tickets?

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Anderlecht lost again tonight, at Genk, which still leaves them with 2 pts out of a possible 15

More importantly, Kompany got injured and had to go off. So that only took 5 games :facepalm:

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
How’s future American right back Sergino Dest looking (keep your hands off him)

The KNVB wanted to call up Dest for Jong Oranje, but they didn't as they would've never gotten the paperwork done in time, which is needed when you switch nationalities. Just goes to show he's definitely on their radar. Dest is also playing RB, a thin and weak position for Oranje, so an invitation to the men's squad might happen if he makes more minutes for Ajax this season.

Reactions: YNWA14

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
The KNVB wanted to call up Dest for Jong Oranje, but they didn't as they would've never gotten the paperwork done in time, which is needed when you switch nationalities. Just goes to show he's definitely on their radar. Dest is also playing RB, a thin and weak position for Oranje, so an invitation to the men's squad might happen if he makes more minutes for Ajax this season.
How do I downvote this?

Reactions: Ajacied

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Can someone provide info on how to legally stream matches of the various non Big 5 leagues in Europe? Like Poland, Czech Republic, Austria, Swiss, Ireland (Republic and North), Ukraine ect?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I hadn't even noticed yet since I'm still getting caught up on the season but Obispo will finally be a starter with Vitesse this season. That's fantastic. Really high on him so hope he does well.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
giphy.gif

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
In just your normal Turkish league match Galatasaray scored a 99th minute winner after conceding the tying goal in the 91st minute in a match which was played until the 104th minute. The match also had 4 red cards with Kayserispor ending the match with 8 men

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Biggest game in Sweden will be played tomorrow, the "twin derby". This time they are also 1st and 2nd in the table with Djurgården 4 points ahead of AIK (SVT Text - 343). A Djurgården win would mean a 6 or 7 point gap to second, depending on what Malmö and Hammarby does, and an AIK win would tighten things up before the last 8 games. Djurgården's derby record has been very poor the last decade, our only two losses this season has come from the two derbies we've played against AIK and Hammarby

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Ajax starting with:

------------ Tadic ----------
Ziyech --- Promes --- Neres

.. with van de Beek still injured. I dislike how Ten Hag fills in the rest of the line-up, but this forward pack has a lot of potential. Talk about speed.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Not to toot my own horn, but I told you guys that Lisandro Martinez best attribute was his passing. Just created the Promes goal with a marvelous long pass. If only he was a bit taller...

edit here:

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Great defensive display by celtic. McGregor and forrest were unusually poor today which limited us in attack.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Not to toot my own horn, but I told you guys that Lisandro Martinez best attribute was his passing. Just created the Promes goal with a marvelous long pass. If only he was a bit taller...

edit here:

Martinez is a beast on all fronts, but his skills with the ball have been a pleasant surprise. So pleased with him. Doesn’t need to be taller.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad