Other Domestic Leagues 2019/20

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Aside from Scottish league, what other leagues started new season?

Serbia and Bosnia have started already, multiple leagues resuming this weekend (Belgium Russia, Slovakia, Macedonia, Bulgaria). The spring/summer leagues (Scandinavia and Baltic nations) have resumed. Eredivisie is currently holding an "Eredivisie Comeback" tournament but doing some research on it, it appears to be nothing more than friendly matches rather than the MLS-style tournament with something at stake.

Most leagues will resume in mid-August, the bigger ones such as EPL, Bundesliga, Serie A, La Liga won't start until September. Think Serie A is the last one

Last edited:

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Aberdeen decided to hit the bars last weekend after their loss and that resulted in their game being postponed this weekend. Wonderful stuff. well done lads.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Belgian League started again this weekend. Basically all of the "big 6 teams" looked really bad.
Champions Club Brugge lost to Charleroi, runners-up Gent lost to Sint-Truiden. Both Antwerp and Anderlecht escaped with a tie. Standard and Genk both won, barely.
KV Mechelen v Anderlecht might have been the best game of the weekend, mostly because Mechelen played very well and had so many chances to win. Recent City signing RB Issa Kabore had a great game, also provided 2 assists. Jeremy Doku had a nice goal for Anderlecht, he could have a breakout season. (first highlight in the video)

Reactions: PanniniClaus

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

I was going to send him a FB IM bemoaning how terrible the Celtic TV streaming service is and praying The Parlour would soon be allowed to reopen and I found out this morning he had passed. Just a wonderful man who made the world a better place, I'm going to miss him so much.

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
It is weird watching any sport with crowds. PSV and Vitesse with 6000 people, or 1/6th capacity was bizarre.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Does anyone know of a definitive list of streaming services available in the US for various leagues throughout the world? Frankly the best one I've found is the Russian Premier League via YouTube: all matches for $5 a month. Want to follow more of the second and third tier European leagues (Poland, Ukraine, Austria, Norway, Serbia ect.). If I could find a way to stream the League of Ireland that would be incredible.

Reactions: Cassano

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Have watched a couple games from Belgium since learning they are now on DAZN. The end of the Antwerp-Gent game was breathtaking.

Gent has lost their opening 3 fixtures of the season.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Swedish league right now:

LsVFjck.png

Malmö at top. Just like it should be.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Have watched a couple games from Belgium since learning they are now on DAZN. The end of the Antwerp-Gent game was breathtaking.

Gent has lost their opening 3 fixtures of the season.

Yeah it's pretty hilarious. Basically told anyone who would hear it they were gonna win the league.

Antwerp and Gent are both in a strange place. Gent played beautiful attacking football last season, but now they fired their coach after only 2 matchdays and hired Laszlo Boloni (he left Antwerp after last season) who is knows for playing a very physical defensive style of play. So that's what Antwerp were known for in previous years, but after losing Boloni they have now hired Ivan Leko, former Club Brugge manager, who is known for his ultra attacking style :laugh:
It's brillant, both teams have built squads to play a certain brand of football and then hired managers who require a completely different type of squad to complement their style :D

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Surprising to see AIK so low, what's wrong with them? Aren't they the still the club with most supporters/spectators in Stockholm and whole Sweden-

they got a good squad, they should be fighting for the gold, not sure what they are doing. aik, hammarby and malmö have most supporters in sweden.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York

I was going to send him a FB IM bemoaning how terrible the Celtic TV streaming service is and praying The Parlour would soon be allowed to reopen and I found out this morning he had passed. Just a wonderful man who made the world a better place, I'm going to miss him so much.

celtictv has worked great for me for 2 years now. perfect quality.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->