Other Domestic Leagues 2019/20

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Both City Football Group and Red Bull are looking to acquire Russian club FC Ufa. Seems strange but reading more into Ufa they apparently do well developing young players which is maybe why Red Bull are looking into them but it’s not really a marketable club or league

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
Great young winger, I just hope the move to Barcalona leads to him getting ample play time and he hasnt left too soon like Dalot and Sanches.

The way Braga handled him compared to Benfica handling arguably handling the more talented Jota is night and day.

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
I just saw that score and come here to post about it. Scored in the first minute to take the lead. No red cards. How does a top flight team in any league give up 10 goals without being down a man very early?

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I just saw that score and come here to post about it. Scored in the first minute to take the lead. No red cards. How does a top flight team in any league give up 10 goals without being down a man very early?

I read the comments on the linked page. Apparently Rostov had X amount of players out of the team do to Covid. Still odd all things considered including the fact they're ahead of them in the table.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
6 players got infected not following the isolation rules, so the 42 members of the team and staff had to be quarantined. Not quite as dramatic as this person and their whole thread makes the stuff out to be. It's not the other team's fault that Rostov's players didn't follow the rules.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I tuned into two Turkish League matches Sunday and saw perhaps the two best goals since football has returned...any league.

Kevin Nkoudou for Besiktas which gave them a 3-1 lead on their way to a big win.

Kayode with an overhead kick for Gazientep...not just any overhead kick. They trailed 3-1 late and found two late goals. Kayode's coming in the 94th minute to level with Galatasaray ....but wait...VAR intervened on a foul at the other end of the field moments earlier. Watch it yourself to see how easy Durmaz went over...he wanted that shove.

But wait....Number 2 goalkeeper Ocan Kocuk gets a 6 second violation....indirect free kick. Ball is squared and a foul...penalty. In the 105th minute Alexander Maxim (remember him) scores on the final kick of the game. Crazy ..I do enjoy some Superlig from time to time.

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
The question is, will he get the competitive game time to continue growing as a player, and have the room to breathe and make mistakes will doing so? You can see with Braga that he gets better..I'm so worried he'll stagnate moving abroad to a team like Barca too early.

Reactions: koyvoo

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Yes, I have interests vested elsewhere with this player, but I would love to have him develop with Braga, or another team of that level, with guaranteed top minutes for at least another year.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Cup final halted as fans flout distancing rules

The Danish Cup final between Aalborg and Sonderjyske was suspended for 14 minutes on Monday after supporters failed to observe social distancing measures.

Both clubs were given an allocation of 725 tickets each as long as the fans sat one metre apart from each other at the Esbjerg Stadium.

However, a group of Aalborg supporters gathered together in the stands after 30 minutes and refused to obey the rules despite pleas from the club's players and coaching staff.

The match official decided to halt the game and the group were kicked out of the ground

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Looking for a Russian club to follow, leaning towards Spartak because they have the most awesome nickname ever: THE MEATS!!!!. Any other suggestions?

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Zenit are the champs of Russia, 2nd place is probably between Loko and Krasnodar which is an automatic CL spot while 3rd place is a qualifying spot which is still reachable for Rostov and CSKA. CSKA will probably be looking for a new manager after the season. Ignashevich seems to be the main candidate (started coaching immediately after the 2018 World Cup, currently in the Russian 2nd tier) but some other names linked are Trpisovsky (Slavia Prague), Ferreira (PAOK), Di Francesco (ex-Roma), Olic (Croatia assistant manager, former CSKA player)

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Midtjylland are champions of Denmark for the 3rd time in 5 years. Only Copenhagen were able to somewhat keep up, until last night when Midtjylland beat them 3-1 at home and now have a 17 point lead with 5 games to go.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Some interesting title races around Europe with possibility of first time winners or champs for the first time in a long time

- There will almost certainly be a new champion in Turkey, the 'big three' Istanbul clubs are all awful this season (partly due to financial problems). Basaksehir who choked the title away last season have a four point lead over Trabzonspor. IB never won the Turkish league before, Trabzonspor are banned from Europe so even if they win the title no Champions League for them.
- Still six rounds to go in Switzerland but the surprise leaders are St. Gallen, who won the Swiss title twice, almost centuries apart (1904 and 2000). They have a one point lead over Young Boys who have won back to back titles. Basel, who recently dominated the league look like they won't win the title for the third season running but kept their slim hopes alive beating YB today
- In Slovenia we could see a first time champion, Celje are one point behind Olimpija Ljubljana with three rounds to go. Olimpija are the new force in Slovenia with the backing of Milan Mandaric (former chairman of Pompey, Leicester and Sheffield Wed) but have been inconsistent this season and firing coaches left and right. Celje are certainly a major surprise, mostly a mid-table club in their history and winning only 3 matches out of 12 (not counting Intertoto Cup) in their Euro history. Their one trophy since the breakup of Yugoslavia was a cup in the mid-2000s, in the 60s they won the 'Slovenian Republic League' which was essentially the 3rd division in the old Yugo football pyramid

Last edited:
Reactions: PanniniClaus

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Zenit are the champs of Russia, 2nd place is probably between Loko and Krasnodar which is an automatic CL spot while 3rd place is a qualifying spot which is still reachable for Rostov and CSKA. CSKA will probably be looking for a new manager after the season. Ignashevich seems to be the main candidate (started coaching immediately after the 2018 World Cup, currently in the Russian 2nd tier) but some other names linked are Trpisovsky (Slavia Prague), Ferreira (PAOK), Di Francesco (ex-Roma), Olic (Croatia assistant manager, former CSKA player)
Only chance for Spartak to salvage our season is the Russian Cup. Having to face champions Zenit in the semi isn't optimal. Since I'm new to the RPL does winning the cup earn you a slot in the Europa League (I would assume so but not 100% sure)?

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Nice assist from Trincao today. While I think he's more suited the right side, I'd play him on the left as well. Still very excited we signed him.

Reactions: Cassano

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad