Other Domestic Leagues 2019/20

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Firmino you beautiful man!

World Champions of the World! One more trophy to cement this team’s legacy. Please.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Alisson MotM for the semi, Firmino MotM for the final with 2 late winners. Henderson played great as a CB then bossed the final...Mo Salah somehow wins player of the tournament. :laugh:

Anyway one thing that has struck me lately is that Joe Gomez is getting back to his pre-injury form. Shouldn’t lose his spot again if he keeps this up.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Yeah money and prestige of this tournament are going to increase. Especially if they make it a World Cup style knockout.

that ref was awful. Concacaf bad

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I think this cup definitely matters, especially to the players. Perhaps not to the fans as much. This, however, is certainly the best team that we've ever had and will be thoroughly rewarded for it.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Heads up: if you have BR Live they are showing the Edinburgh Derby at 7:30 AM EST. Come on the Hibbs!!!!!!!

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
The Chinese Super League will cut back their spending ways as they have implemented a salary cap. Foreign players cannot make more than 2m a season. Though it appears the current contracts will be honored

Reactions: YNWA14

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
Outplayed and deservedly lose. Interested to see what comes of Kent's gun to the head celebration and Morelos' slit throat gesture to the crowd.

Scum being scum.

Reactions: sabremike

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Morelos must be one of the most idiotic players when it comes to unnecessary red cards. Like diving today on the 94th minute in the penalty area when already on a yellow. And he does similar stuff over and over again and never learns...

Reactions: les Habs

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Rangers won at Celtic in the league and are two points back with a game in hand

I still think Celtic win the league this year.

Happy for Gerard :)

gerard-pique-thumbs-up.jpg

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Lisandro Martinez slots back into the defence. What does he do? Well gets MOTM and a goal line clearance with his head. What a talent.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I've posted about it a few times being in the works as per some of the people I know over in the Netherlands who are involved football related things, here's more info:

https://www.hln.be/sport/voetbal/beneliga-zit-op-de-rails-elf-clubs-scharen-zich-unaniem-achter-project~a7872fb9/

The Dutch and Belgian leagues are working on a merger. Representatives of the Belgian 'Great 5' (Club Brugge, AA Gent, RC Genk, Standard Liege and RSC Anderlecht) met with the Dutch 'Great 6' (Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord, AZ, Vitesse and FC Utrecht), and both football associations had a meeting today, which apparently turned out very positive. Further studies are to be held.

The new league would exist with 10 NL and 8 Belgian teams, with all the big teams mentioned above in + other teams selected based on their league results in the last 5 years. Not clear yet when it would start. With this they are aiming to be the 6th competition in Europe, after the big five (England, Spain, Germany, France and Italy)

-------------

I think it could be great; I hope they set up the structure so there's some windfall to the clubs who don't make the first division cut immediately. I don't think they have to aim below France/Italy or maybe even Germany from a quality standpoint...the infrastructure is there to have a very strong league, though the population and appeal might not be high enough to challenge them in terms of marketing.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
It would be a lot more fun to follow than Ligue 1 and probably better quality. And Serie A these days is a complete bore as well so it could be really interesting altough I don't like this new idea of countries getting together to have a domestic league...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad